HUNGER GAMES!

I know i'm not the only one that read these books....
nerd.gif

Can't wait to see the movie, I think this movie would
eek.gif
�be if it could be rated r, but i'm always up

for any type of post�apocalyptic�fare.

Never read the series, but I'm want to read them since checking out these trailers

Books were OK , but once I found out it was pg-13 I lost interest because I knew it wouldn't have the same gore the book had. Oh and in the trailer catniss is giving the pin, not receiving it

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Books were OK , but once I found out it was pg-13 I lost interest because I knew it wouldn't have the same gore the book had. Oh and in the trailer catniss is giving the pin, not receiving it

She was given it by Rue right?  Did she ever pass it down to Prim?
I feel like I remember that from one of the other books...

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

It was from a girl in her district and from what I remember she gave it to Rue when they were in the trees.

It was from a girl in her district and from what I remember she gave it to Rue when they were in the trees.
got it.

Read the books late last year or earlier this year. Loved it. Got my tickets ready.

Finished the book a few days ago. The Mayor's daughter gave her the pin. In the woods she tried to give the pin to Rue, but she declined. Kinda disappointed in the casting for some reason. Still anticipating the drop though.

the books was ok but this will just be a water downed version just like how Lord of Flies was

will probably watch tho

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Battle Royale> Hunger games.

I swear nothing is original.
I've watched Battle Royale and it doesn't look too similar to the Hunger Games trailer to me.  I love BR but it was probably influenced or similar to something as well.
I've been wanting to read the books but haven't had time.  I'll order the pack of books from Amazon probably.

Haven't read the books but I've heard great things about 'em, maybe I'll watch this with my nieces.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Battle Royale> Hunger games.

I swear nothing is original.
I've watched Battle Royale and it doesn't look too similar to the Hunger Games trailer to me.  I love BR but it was probably influenced or similar to something as well.
I've been wanting to read the books but haven't had time.  I'll order the pack of books from Amazon probably.
kids killing kids in a killed or be killed premise. Same ole thang. It's like this non-sense "The Silent House" that came out today. La Casa Muda should've been left alone and not remade for English viewers.

So is this a Battle Royale rip off or not? I loved Battle Royale but saw enough differences in The Hunger Games trailer that led me to believe that it's a similar plot with a completely different story.
All in all, I'll watch the film, opening weekend, but am laying off of reading the book.

But yeah, Battle Royale is one of my favorite foreign flicks of all time, so I hope this doesn't copy too much of it.

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

Megan fox as Johanna in the second movie for those who read the series.
devil.gif
 Jennifer Lawrence and Megan Fox, god why aren't these movies Rated R..... 
mad.gif

am I the only one the pictured Willow Smith as Rue?

and someone fat as Haymich

Coulda been an extra in this #!%+. Didn't know it was gonna be that big of a movie at the time.

Yeah, the pg 13 rating on this is making me uneasy about it. I was hoping for the gore.
laugh.gif
But I guess that's too much to ask of its target audience.

Read the Battle Royale novel years ago. Read the HG series earlier this year. Some similarities, many differences. If your only argument is "lol kidz kill kidz same thing", then you might have missed the point with both books.
With that being said, got my tickets for Hunger Games... and my district ID 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom