Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

Leaving now to Orlando with family. I wanted to fly back to NJ but totally missed out. Don't take Irma as a joke guys, please be safe.

I live in Va and the electric company sending out emails telling people now is the best time to prepare for the storm.

Hope yall Florida heads stay safe out there.

I feel bad feeling relieved every time I hear it's very veering more East. Feels like I'm damning the Bahamas.

I been saying South FL been long overdue for a bad hurricane. Wilma was something like 10 years ago and that was Cat. 3. We were without power for 17 days. I used to have to shower at my school gym and go to the nearby community center to pick up Fema rations. Plus the curfew that nobody seemed to really follow anyway. Not taking Irma lightly not thinking about evac either. Whatever happens, happens
yea it's been that long, i was still in middle school when that happened

I remember my block was lit cause of the amount of kids that used to live within a 4 block radius :pimp:

We had to pick up FEMA rations from the orange bowl(rip) and the curfew? :lol:

I stay in Ocala and places here have started to run out of gas and bottled water is completely gone. However, I did gas up the whip in case i need to make a break for it out of state

Mandatory evacuation ordered for first zone next to the water in my area. Thought path was promising yesterday but people are still really worried.

I was living in Miami (135th st) for Wilma and that **** was real. I remember the whole city being a ghost town without power. Thought my window was going to break from the wind. Can't even imagine a hurricane causing more damage Han Wilma.

Thoughts & prayers for all my folks out there in harms way, y'all do whatever it takes to stay safe.

It's possible that the evacuation window for FL is closed. Traffic is at a standstill in certain areas and there is a statewide fuel shortage.

The GasBuddy app helps identify stations with gas. Also, stations tend to refuel in the middle of the night so that should be aimed for.

Nobody should consider themselves safe or in the clear, from FL to GA to SC and even NC. Errbody has to be prepared and ready. I believe Georgia is currently implementing a state of emergency in many counties.

It hits the west coast of Florida, the east still gets it pretty bad alongside the rest of the state. GA and SC are hit but the storm is not as powerful due to crossing the peninsula. It would still be plenty strong, however.

It makes a preemptive and quick northward turn and skims South Florida 50 miles east of the coast, Florida overall gets a *relatively* lesser impact but you get a direct hit towards the SC/GA coast.

Then there's the scary possibility it comes straight up the middle of FL and chokes the peninsula out. GA/SC still get hit.

There is the possibility of it curving east and just ****ing off back into the Atlantic, but to keep it real this gets less and less likely as the days go by. Of course we all want and pray for this to happen as this is the best case scenario.

They're saying 95% of homes in Barbuda are wrecked. Now I don't know how the construction and hurricane policies compare to the States, but still.

I don't mean to scare anyone or be a fearmonger; just be prepared and don't breathe any sighs of relief or make any "looks like we're in the clear" statements until we're well into next week.

Hopefully everyone will be waking up for work Tuesday/Wednesday morning in typical "I'm so damn tired I don't wanna go to work" mode :smile:

Hurricane Irma: NRA threatens legal action over order to seize guns on US Virgin Islands
https://t.co/xOFJNxnN62
DJI239nXkAA44kj.jpg

Latest Euro is basically worst case scenario for Florida. Never been in a hurricane myself but I really hope people are getting out before it is too late bc this looks really really bad.

Latest Euro is basically worst case scenario for Florida. Never been in a hurricane myself but I really hope people are getting out before it is too late bc this looks really really bad.

its alrdy too late. gas is gone. highways are jammed and closing. go rent a motorcycle if ur dolo and DIP

On my way to some friends in Milledgeville, GA.

Hope it's safe.

Not taking my chances in New Port Richey. :smh:

Last edited:
:stoneface:

Hunkering down in Orlando, if it gets bad UCF has some strong buildings we can stay in. Stay safe everyone

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom