Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

All my Orlando people are staying put, same as my Cocoa and Titusville folks. Hoping everyone has a peaceful weekend and this thing isn't as bad as expected.

NHC 5PM advisory

154010_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Tampa is south florida right? They really should close early to make sure you guys have time to get to shelter

Tampa is south florida right? They really should close early to make sure you guys have time to get to shelter

just got word from my father in law in tampa saying they canceled his flight and they are closing the airport..his flight was for 3:30

So South Dade is out of the eye for sure? Or does this seem to change every advisory?

So South Dade is out of the eye for sure? Or does this seem to change every advisory?

If I'm not mistaken:

Even if the eye touches the very tip of the western Florida coast you still get hurricane conditions across many miles, including possible surge along the east Florida coast.

It's also my understanding that the Eastern part of the storm is the most powerful. The storm stretches across the entire state.

Unfortunately we won't know with certainty what happens until a few hours before it happens. Just prepare as best you can and stay safe.

So if the eastern part of the storm is the most powerful...then that means it going west is bad for everyone in florida

yikes

Back
Top Bottom