Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

my concern is if not this one, then when? especially with Jose, Katia(sp) and any others that might pop up between now and end of season.

not being ungrateful for this bews, just being pragmatic about it.

Also, transformers starting to go near me. I hear them in the distance. fingers crossed power keeps up until nightfall

The worst of the storm is mostly past Broward and Miami. Still dangerous to be outside for common sense reasons. Still powerful winds and rain.

Tomorrow feeder bands will sprinkle over southeast Florida with decreasing intensity, and eventually Irma will have moved on.

It's looking like a Cat 1 by the time it gets to Tampa overnight. Eventually North Florida and GA will either have to deal with weak hurricane winds or a respectable tropical storm.

IDK if this was a best case scenario for FL but I hope everyone is safe or will be safe as this system makes its way up the peninsula.

I noticed that now Floridians are paying more heed to the power of nature and not being so flippant. People got the **** out or hunkered down. You'll always find the knuckleheads but they seemed to be in the minority this time.

These hurricanes ain't no joke. If it had directly landed on Miami as originally feared, this **** would have been cataclysmic. It is perfectly safe to state that these weak hurricane/strong TS conditions, caused by a glancing blow, left Miami and parts of Broward a wreck.

Don't forget that people in the Keys, Cuba, and the rest of the Caribbean had to contend with much more harrowing conditions.

The storm surge for st Pete and Tampa is what is concerning and always has been.

Wind - meh.

Storm surge is what will be the indicator of how bad it really is for us

Just snapped this quick video. Right after I snapped it there was a loud gust then it calmed down. Trying to figure out how to post cause NT mobile trippin.

Anyone lose power yet? Getting news from family in Clearwater some of them lost power and some of the Palm harbor and Safety Harbor area have lost power

I see vids of ppl jumping into where there used to be water in the harbour

Uhh bruh. That water is supposed to come back. You don't wanna be there when it happens, lol

I see vids of ppl jumping into where there used to be water in the harbour

Uhh bruh. That water is supposed to come back. You don't wanna be there when it happens, lol
I always wondered how deep that part of bayshore was so it was cool seeing pics of it with the water receding. Although I also saw pics of people deep in the bay standing :smh:

Back
Top Bottom