Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

Jacksonville native here.

Matthew last year brought a scare to us that we haven’t experienced in a while. Thankfully, it wasn’t as bad as predicted. But we still had some storm surge flooding, dunes were completely wiped out, and we lost 300ft of our pier which still hasn’t reopened. This is guaranteed to be worse. I live about .3 miles from the ocean, so I’m taking my *** to my parents house about 40 miles inland and hope for the best.

Yep no way it's worth going to the wedding, I hope they don't carry out with it for their sake. They're joking about it on Facebook so unfortunately they aren't taking it seriously at all. We'll try to talk some sense into them tomorrow.

Appreciate all the advice guys!!

Gotta look out for yourself man this thing isn't a joke. Know a couple people that are being super hardheaded and riding it out and they have the means to leave but don't want to

This thread just allowed me to know how many Floridian NTers there are.. When this thing blows over we need our own thread in the regional spot...

Tbh lol I had no idea so many of us were on here esp central fla. You know I long I thought I was the only one holding it down from the set on here? :nthat:

Decided to stay at home in orlando since the roads going north are packed and gas is sold out going north as well. No point to be stranded in a town I don't know cause there no fuel. Welp. Wish me and my fam luck.

Currently in Orlando. With work being cancelled Friday and Monday, gonna drive up to Tally tomorrow to my parents house since I got a 4 day weekend. Traffic looked crazy on I-75 yesterday and today on google maps. Might take I-95 instead. Hope they'll still have gas on Monday.

Driving through Melbourne now and finally there's no traffic.

I'm a transplant but Florida has been home for the past 4 years :pimp:

This thread just allowed me to know how many Floridian NTers there are.. When this thing blows over we need our own thread in the regional spot...

I don't plan on being a Floridan for much longer...

Yep no way it's worth going to the wedding, I hope they don't carry out with it for their sake. They're joking about it on Facebook so unfortunately they aren't taking it seriously at all. We'll try to talk some sense into them tomorrow.

Appreciate all the advice guys!!

Yeah those people have obviously never been a hurricane before.

Those idiots better not take this lightly because by all accounts Irma isn't a typical hurricane by any stretch of the imagination.

Im about 10 miles inland. My biggest concern is my car getting ****ed up. Low key thinking about leaving it in a parking garage.

I'm a transplant myself going on 3 years, as others said Matthew was a scare. I drove up to the Orlando area last night took me almost 5hrs due to all the delays and rest stop traffic a drive that normally takes 2 1/2hrs... I had trouble finding water, thankfully one of my friends gave me a heads up that the Due South Brewery was filling containers with purified water at no cost and selling 32oz cans of water for 1.50 the cost of the can. Thankfully I was able to stop in and pick some up before they closed on my way up.

What makes this an issue is that the predictions are all over the place... earlier it looked like it was going to stay towards the coast now it looks more in land...

Hope everyone is safe all throughout FL !
IMG_6969.JPG

Last edited:
Im about 10 miles inland. My biggest concern is my car getting ****ed up. Low key thinking about leaving it in a parking garage.

That was a concern of mine too since it's my only means of transportation for now. You could always have someone follow you there then drop you off at your place.

the hurricane winds are wider than your state fam... head to somewhere with concrete buildings and find the interior.

i cant stop thinkin about this ish. i heard one insurance guy saying only 40 percent of the people in flood zones have coverage and he estimates damage in miami will be over 150 billion. its going to get annihilated

im in charleston, i stayed here for matthew and we had no damage to our home whatsoever we stayed at my in laws , we are NOT doing that this time.
this thing is something else and people arent taking chances, we are leaving to georgia tomorrow.

florida is in big danger, miami is already sinking without any rain, stay safe.

Hurricane warnings officially issued for South FL, from WPB all the way to Key Largo.

Man I currently live in Atlanta. Majority of my family lives in Orlando, Apopka, Mt.Dora (Central Florida). Contacted most of em and they all stayed. Offered my parents and they declined. Born and raised in Orlando area and never feared a hurricane. But this one is like the “perfect storm”. Based on the current trajectory it’s hitting straight through the middle of the state. I’m shook

2a5ff1310505c17de9b61669fa1eb4dbe2bd19839dc554f8978957621fc22109.gif

Due South coming thru :pimp:

Not in a evacuation zone, but packing up a few things and riding the storm out at my mother's house. Really hoping for minimal damage, West Palm is looking right in its path :smh:

Back
Top Bottom