************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

my condolences goes out to the victims of hurricane sandy

and r.i.p to those who have passed..

My bad, I said I was in Chinatown earlier and power went back on. I walked further down and south of Canal Street is still out.

Surprised my schools opening up on tuesday, thought itd be longer since its right next to the water

Last edited:
Glad these dudes came to their senses, some runners would have caught beatings....now use those generators for an actual good cause.

Breaking News on NBC: Marathon is cancelled for this Sunday.

NOOOOOO >:
I know its the right thing to do, but I havent worked all week cause of the train/gas situation, and I was scheduled to work 14 hours at the race (with possible OT).
Im extremely grateful everyone is my circle is OK tho, I dont want to sound ungrateful for that but i also need to provide.

Last edited:
I dunno about beatings but it just would be a black eye for the city.

Sucks for the runners who have to spend money to fly back again

NOOOOOO >:
I know its the right thing to do, but I havent worked all week cause of the train/gas situation, and I was scheduled to work 14 hours at the race (with possible OT).
Im extremely grateful everyone is my circle is OK tho, I dont want to sound ungrateful for that but i also need to provide.

The marathon situation wasn't as black and white as people think. So much money lost because of this. But I think it was the right choice

line to get gas in Nj
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!...........
eek.gif

Although I don't agree with him when he says it should be run, the ESPN T&F analyst made a good point when he said no one is clamoring for the Steelers/Giants game should have been canceled. I also think that the game should be called off or PPD.

so goddamn surreal what happened to us man. i ride around the city and all i see are

con-ed trucks pumping water out of sewers and subways

firetrucks, cop car sirens as lights

people walking around in pitch blackness

no street lights, no traffic signals

only workers in neon green scrimmage shirts

and tourists

i dont think its sunk into people outside of the city how drastic life is in a mile radius. UN building and down were living with no electricity and water for several days. while in my area, im chillin watching the news about all this. restaurants i went to last week , with shallow pretenses about the storm, probably wont be open again for another month.

just riding through the streets, i saw the potential for chaos. i saw the potential for looting and robbing and stealing and just overall disgusting behavior, but it seems like everyones really trying to do their best to get through it.

never would i think i'd see a natural disaster in NYC.

plus the fact that NBA on TNT had a section for us with NBACares.

^^^^ They cancelled the Knicks/Nets game tho.

If that was directed towards me, the NBA had no choice. After they announced it would be played the public pressure was too much. People couldn't get around yesterday and still can't today even with the limited bus/train service. Barclay's Center would have been lucky to be at 3/4 capacity had the game been played.

Lost power at 4 pm Monday..still wasn't back on today. My mom said screw it and we came down to Philly for the night. Hopefully they'll have power back in my town by tomorrow. Now that I finally have TV/internet, I cannot believe the destruction that this storm has caused. I heard descriptions via radio of everything going on but to actually see it for the first time is surreal. Looking at pictures of the Jersey Shore really got to me. So many sights that I'm used to seeing are completely gone. Houses destroyed, boardwalk ripped up, and the seaside amusements in the ocean..Gonna hit up Franklin Mills tomorrow and wait until I can go back to work at Nike Jersey Shore. My heart goes out to everyone that was affected by this storm. Although I lost power, I'm glad my house and family are safe. Stay strong NY/NJ/CT..if there's anyone that is capable of a great comeback from such devastation it is definitely us.

Back
Top Bottom