************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

Gas station up the block from me, just woke up to check the lines out. Wrapped around 2 whole blocks and another line was formed along the avenue alongside the gas station.

Back to sleep. I'll waste more gas in the process waiting on line. I swear I think I can go without using my car, maybe I'll man up and line up tomorrow at some point.

out here on LI (north shore Nassau cty) near a busy intersection gettin gas for my mom. been online for about 30 mins. line is going fairly smooth tho. hope to refill in another 30 mins

some areas out here got hit super hard. too many areas that are pitch black

a lot of people have it worse so not complaining about my fams situation

hope to get my *** back to my spot in bk tomorrow where things are somewhat back to normal

Dudes camping in their cars for gas. That's so crazy! Like there's a line 3 blocks long at 4:00 in the morning.

yeah things are no joke out here. getting better by the day but resources are pretty scarce right now

Cranberry street tunnel that carries the A & C from brooklyn to manhattan

8149524115_3fa773a890_z.jpg

8149523765_4a349a3a57_z.jpg

8149552532_369c2a8be8_z.jpg

8149552042_cf8275d7bb_z.jpg

This storm has kicked my @ss got power back two days ago but just got gas finally in Coram (north shore) LI waited in line for over an hour not bad considereding I waited longer yesterday just to find out they were filling up diesel not regular gas smfh at the price gauging of the @$:8: gas station owners charging up the wazoo for gas be safe tri state area gov cuamo said gas is comming in the next few days and it def is

fellow NTers in the westchester area in need for gas, go to the gas station on Palmer rd in Bronxville, they getting a delivery in a few minutes, didnt think people would line up, but its serious out there, cars been lining up since last night, my wife just got on and she must be about the 150th car on line.....line goes all the way out into the highway....i thought i can sneak in after work, but no dice for me....maybe you guys can head on out NOW....get on that line...

dudes trying to make a hustle out of this desrve a beating, reselling gas to make a quick buck is damn shameful in a time like this, piece of **** individuals.

I just don't understand how NYC as a whole, can have such limited gasoline. This is supposed to be the capital of the world.

If ya'll have been driving out to Westchester, might as well drive to CT. Greenwich or Stamford is only another 15 mins out, more easily accessible gas.

Free service ended at midnight.
A train should be going local from brooklyn to manhattan by monday
D,F,M, J & Q later today
2 & 3 by tomorrow
& the staten island railway has resumed limited hourly service

tumblr_mcx2jhEqPZ1qdtg4oo1_500.png

|I

Last edited:
Took some advice and donated blood through the Red Cross, tried to get on one of the relief trips my base puts on but didnt make the final cut. Wish i couldve done more.

Most of yall probably dont remember but Hurricane Hugo wiped my families houses out back in the late 80's.

I feel you guys pain.

:smh: this whole weekend should been free damn greedy MTA

"B-b-b-but we have to make money somewhere. The city needs to get back into a r-r-r-routine." - MTA

I can take the Q to 57th and walk over to Columbus Circle for school, but it would be clutch to have the B up and running again also.

I just don't understand how NYC as a whole, can have such limited gasoline. This is supposed to be the capital of the world.

The city doesn't have limited gasoline. The problem is that you need power to use the pumps and because power has been knocked out for some of LI, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island and New Jersey you see this. They are driving from all over to find a gas station.

Sad, I hear these stories and it's exactly what we go through down here. Obviously we don't have public transportation like the tri-state, but the price gouging on gas, long lines and lack of power is frustrating. Hold your heads and keep strong.

Back
Top Bottom