Hyperdunk 2011 Low?

i was planning on picking these up cheap in the future to ball in...need help as well

Ok, so they had the 2011 low PE on sale at finishline so I decided to cop.  I have to say my first initial impression was.... really, really, really stiff and narrow.  Very big bummer.  They lace up a little weird but overall fit was ok.  The length was good but the width was narrow.  I still went with my normal shoe size of 10 and walked around in them quite a bit to make sure they were broken in enough.  I was a little disappointed that they did not have a carbon fiber shank plate lining the arch but they did have something there that has held up pretty well so far.  After a few days of lifting in them, they felt decent enough to give it a go and they did not disappoint.  I like to stay down and bump but I like elbow jumpers the most off the dribble. 

Traction - very good, didnt have any slippage during lateral cuts or working the post trying to dig in and move people.
Cushioning - usually I prefer a plush ride that is mostly impact absorbent.  However this gave me a responsive ride without sacrificing any impact protection.
Lockdown  and fit - I liked it, but it wasnt the best fit for my foot.  The flywire was placed perfectly on the outside of the foot and kept my entire forefoot in place.  At first I thought it was a narrow fit, but it is more like a snug fit.  I had a little issue with the heel, but that was more so the shoe not being completely broken in.

Overall I was impressed by the shoes performance and the only real drawback for me was the fit.  I'm sure the more I break them in the more they will be used in my rotation.

yeah the HD2011s in general have a snug fit. so you think the zoom is still there in the heel?

Just by the price point, I would expect forefoot zoom only.

Nike wants you to pay premium prices for heel and forefoot zoom these days.

I hope its there because these were gonna be my next cop when my Kobe V's wear out...

If not then the Hyperdunk Mids it is...

forefoot Zoom only and the traction is "eh" at best... I'd buy them at Nordstrom Rack for like 49.99, but not a penny more.

Only reason all of the NCAA players are wearing the HD 2011 low is because Nike is trying to push them on us. 

Kobe VI is a superior low.

Yeah I doubt there is heel zoom but it was the cushioning was good.  It definitely wasnt as responsive as zoom but it was pretty sufficient in impact protection which is almost always an issue for me (bad knees)

I didn't even know they mad those lows I thought it was only hyperfuse lows but i like the hyperdunks been using them since the 2010 model

Only forefoot zoom. No carbon fiber. Fit long and narrow

Feel a lot like Kobe VI take down

I need a new low top for basketball....should I get these or the Kobe VII's?

Eastbay has the Kobe VII's weighing in at 13.9 oz and the 2011 HD low's at 11.2 oz.  It seems like you would get a lighter shoe for more money

Interested in the D-Will version on Eastbay. Ive been playing in the Kobe IV, V & VI lately, how do these compare?

To me they match up closest to the VI.  They are a little thin on the material but overall total performance and fit is more like the VI.  Although they do fit a little more narrow

yes these fit very narrow. but as soon as you play in a for a few weeks it feels like they get a little bit more broken in which then leads to them not being so narrow

Back
Top Bottom