I ask basketball fans, not just knick fans, would you match Rockets' offer for Lin?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Champ, I think McHale is a good coach. Adelman wasnt willing to play young talent. McHale is, as we saw Parsons start as a rookie. But the Rockets actually wanted to hire a guy named Chris Finch. But he has no track record, so he's the coach in waiting, as an assistant. I think if the Rockets get Dwight, McHale will be the coach for awhile. If not, Finch probably takes over in a couple of years. I don't know too much about him, except he's a numbers guy.
Pretty much this. Only thing I don't like about McHale so far is that when stuff starts to go south during a game, he is awfully slow at making adjustments. There were so many times during the
season where we'd have a small lineup in, get abused on the boards for a huge stretch, and you're just waiting for him to to change the rotation, and he never (or rarely) did. I was mind blown 

at the game against Phoenix when Marcus Camby had 10 points and 18 rebounds at the end of the first half. he finished the game with 14 points and 18 rebounds. How does that even happen?

Originally Posted by tengoeljugode

I don't think Lin is worth that kind of money, but he brings in fans and makes money for that mediocre franchise. Honestly, the Knicks have about 0 chance of being relevant in the Eastern conference next year, so why not sell some tickets and make some money off of Lin?

I find this pretty funny, cause the Rockets are a mediocre franchise trying to find star players and bring attention and success to the team. The Knicks are a mediocre franchise WITH star players in

the 1 of the top 2 biggest markets in basketball. Judging by a lot of Knicks fans' comments both on here and other boards, you would think they had a long history of Lakers/Celtics-like success. 

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Yeah good argument bro, '' anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot '' what are you in 5th grade ? Youre next response will probly be '' im rubber youre glue .... ''

If its true about Ny gaining 600 million in stock then just from the business standpoint i'd match it, how often does that happen ?

Its not nearly as cut and dry as youre making it seem, there are good points for either decision the knicks make.....and why would you just assume Lin would be on the bench ?

its an expression, Im not literally saying you an idiot
eyes.gif

He cant go left, his defense is sub par, he has a high TO rate, when he drives into the lane he doesnt keep his head up..... hes not a very good PG. He could very well end up on the bench towards the end of this contract.
Didnt take it as a dis, more like a copout because you didnt really give any details or reasons to why you felt that way.

I agree for the most part about his skillset but im looking beyond that, dude is a cashcow and  the true Lin fans will stick around  if he does somehow make it to the bench. (doubt it unless knicks get top 10 pg)

I see you posted in the other thread dudes arent lookin at the grand scheme of things, well isnt trying to keep that 600 mill gained in stock part of the grand scheme of things.

Hes still a good player and if its bust he can be traded, i just think the knicks have more to gain than they have to lose so why not do it.
Im sorry, granted they can make alot of money..... IF he plays at a high level and continues to play at a high level...... everyone knows how the New York Media is, its not what youve done for me, its what your doing for me right now, everything is all fine and dandy now, after his 20 game run, but what happens when he starts and continues to struggle like that..... Hes only gonna bring in money if hes winning / playing well..... and i dont see him doing it.

If Lin balls out, close to the numbers last year, 8M for a star PG is nothing. Especially considering the Rockets have nobody on the payroll. Worst comes to worst, he's the biggest flash in the pan we've seen in awhile. Wait two years and dangle his 14.9 expiring or just let it come off the books. I think the whole point is, we dunno how legit or fraudulent this dude is. The main thing is he has youth on his side. Let's see what he does with a full training camp and practices as the #1 point guard on the depth chart. Surely, that can only help his cause.

MMG wrote:
MJsaver wrote:
MMG wrote:

its an expression, Im not literally saying you an idiot
eyes.gif

He cant go left, his defense is sub par, he has a high TO rate, when he drives into the lane he doesnt keep his head up..... hes not a very good PG. He could very well end up on the bench towards the end of this contract.

Didnt take it as a dis, more like a copout because you didnt really give any details or reasons to why you felt that way.

I agree for the most part about his skillset but im looking beyond that, dude is a cashcow and  the true Lin fans will stick around  if he does somehow make it to the bench. (doubt it unless knicks get top 10 pg)

I see you posted in the other thread dudes arent lookin at the grand scheme of things, well isnt trying to keep that 600 mill gained in stock part of the grand scheme of things.

Hes still a good player and if its bust he can be traded, i just think the knicks have more to gain than they have to lose so why not do it.

Im sorry, granted they can make alot of money..... IF he plays at a high level and continues to play at a high level...... everyone knows how the New York Media is, its not what youve done for me, its what your doing for me right now, everything is all fine and dandy now, after his 20 game run, but what happens when he starts and continues to struggle like that..... Hes only gonna bring in money if hes winning / playing well..... and i dont see him doing it.

Did you not see Yao getting voted to ASG's and he wasnt even playing, that asian market isnt fly by night bro theyre in it till the end. He will probly not live up to the potential, but i dont see him being a COMPLETE fluke so most of his fans will stick around. And because of his gold mine status i think the daily news and post wont be quick to turn on him like Melo when things get rough.

If hes at all successful this contract will be pennies in the bank, and hes got a decent shot to do so.

Originally Posted by Jays4Days1987

hmmm wth Kidd in town, you wonder if they even need Lin...

Just got arrested for DUI, it seems the Knicks PGs are already dwindling down

dude is going to make serious coin in china just by playing for the Rockets...Yao Ming effect is def. real

let me put it this way, did Landry Feilds play 25 good games last year? Probably not, he got 20  mils. 
ohwell.gif

does felton or lin make them a championship contender? is it about winning or making money for the knicks?

Depends.

If the team was a contender and needed a legit PG, he's a tough sell. Just too small of a sample size to judge, and there are still glaring deficiencies in his game.

If the team was doing poorly attendance-wise, and the team is barely fighting for playoff contention, he's an investment worth looking at. With his presence, you would make that money back with advertisements, ticket sales and ratings anyways.

^question for the knick fans, are the knicks contending for championship right now? i honestly cant tell. it's not just lin being the missing piece. will amare ball like he did when he first got there? can he coexist with melo? at times i feel they can compete but they are so inconsistent. they are bring back these vets like they are making a run for a chip.

would fans be ok with first rd exits next couple years and then they go after cp3?  do they even have the money to do that?

Originally Posted by franchise3

8.37M for three years for the Rockets > 5m 5.2m 14.9m for the Knicks. Even at 8M per for the Rockets is a little much considering Lin's lack of a track record. But Knicks fans say Lin is a cash cow, so from a business standpoint, it's a good move. For a roster stand point, Lowry and Dragic are better than Lin, but Lin's like 24. We dunno if he's a bum or not, but we really can't say he's not the real deal, either. The Rockets have three years to find out. We already know he's not a good pairing with Melo. So a move to Houston is probably in his best interests, from a basketball standpoint.
I agree with you
From a business standpoint for the Rockets, there's this huge market that Yao Ming opened up and nurtured, all the business ties, ad revenue, not to mention fan base that was created. So in the end where he turns out to be good, great or a bust with Yao Ming gone it makes perfect sense for them to go after Lin.

No.  Teams have bad habits for overpaying for players.  He's not worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom