I feel Byron Hout DESERVED to get punched...*edit* Pg. 7 Blount WAS punched by fan

dmxfury wrote:
There are plenty of guys that need and probably deserve to get punched, but you still shouldn't do it. Just not the right place or time, gotta be smarter than that
Agree, but I think Byron Hout should also be suspended at least 1 or 2 games for tauting.

I have no problem with him getting suspended and I have no problem with the punch.

The punch didn't happen in a vacuum.

It's just like Ron Artest.

The guy should not have done it. He has to be prepared to deal with the consequences but I would have done the exact same thing.

I'm thinking if ESPN wasn't televising the game and it wasn't caught on camera, dude wouldn't have been suspended the whole season, probablyjust a few games...I wonder if he realizes ESPN contributed to ending his college career.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I understand that but your being silly if you think everybody is like that that talks trash. Some people are like the other person has described and I've saw that before in person. Not saying its right cause I talk trash if somebody talks to me also. Sometimes you have to know who and how far to take it unless you ready to throw.
got damn, i have no idea what this sentence is trying to say.
laugh.gif

53a8960.jpg
Well thank you for reading and whats messed up? The only thing I think you are talking about is the second sentence. I just forgot who I wasquoting but I can see how that makes no sense to you. I read it myself and if I didn't know what I was trying to say would have said the same thing. Youcould have helped me instead of trying to make fun of me now I'm going to e kill you
mad.gif

Originally Posted by shaqrules

to answer your question, NOPE.
This.

And how the +$%* did nobody on the Boise St. team retaliate??

I mean, I guess it shows great restraint on their part... but c'mon now. Your team mate gets decked and NOBODY does anything??

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

Originally Posted by shaqrules

to answer your question, NOPE.
This.

And how the +$%* did nobody on the Boise St. team retaliate??

I mean, I guess it shows great restraint on their part... but c'mon now. Your team mate gets decked and NOBODY does anything??

What did you want them to do? Besides try and restrain him, and he was already backing up.

In a way I see where you coming from but in the end it was a smart move on their part. If anybody jumps in and tries to be macho then we've got an evenbigger problem...that didn't happen though.

Different people act different ways in the heat of the moment and most of the players around were probably just shocked and didn't even know how to react.

Hout disrespected him and got dealt with...are we really becoming a nation of such wusses that we go into a fervor when a guy talking head gets punched in theface for unwarranted disrespect?

Originally Posted by Nash

Hout disrespected him and got dealt with...are we really becoming a nation of such wusses that we go into a fervor when a guy talking head gets punched in the face for unwarranted disrespect?

But this isn't some dude getting punked in the streets, its a young man representing a prominent university, on national television, while being the idolof thousand of little Eugene children. His actions, though perhaps warranted, are reprehensible and were dealt with the according severity

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

I understand that but your being silly if you think everybody is like that that talks trash. Some people are like the other person has described and I've saw that before in person. Not saying its right cause I talk trash if somebody talks to me also. Sometimes you have to know who and how far to take it unless you ready to throw.
got damn, i have no idea what this sentence is trying to say.
laugh.gif

53a8960.jpg
Well thank you for reading and whats messed up? The only thing I think you are talking about is the second sentence. I just forgot who I was quoting but I can see how that makes no sense to you. I read it myself and if I didn't know what I was trying to say would have said the same thing.
the irony.

21j6ulk.jpg

Personally I agree with most all of you... He DID deserve it, but should Blount have done it? No. Well.... Maybe... But all the nonsense with the rest of theteam was taking it too far IMO. Also co-sign with the fact that the last thing you want is to be touched after a tough loss with questionable play calling byyour coach/QB that is entirely out of your hands. I'm sure he was beyond frustration, so it all makes sense to me. The part that I feel I completelydisagree with is all this talk about him not making it in the NFL. #*#! If he does good at the combine and proves that he is still the beast he was last yearnobody is going to think twice about this junk. Look at the laundry list of NFL players with "character flaws"; Vick, Pacman, Stallworth, Tank, ChadJohnson, Ricky Williams... etc etc etc... The NFL is about winning Super Bowls and making money. If they think that Blount can help them do that then I assureyou, they will sign him. Nobody is going to give a damn that he punched some dude for runnin his mouth back in college...

1) If you give a whole team bulletin board material then rush for -5 yards you should prepared for a certain amount of trash talk from the opponent who shutyou down.
2) There should be honor amongst trash talkers in sports, but everybody has gotten soft. You think MJ and Larry Bird didn't come at each other with insultsmuch worse than "how'd you like that butt whoopin?" They wanted to destroy each other on the court but could hug it out afterwards and show greatrespect towards the other person.
3) I think Hout should have kept his helmet on til he has in the locker room. You never know whats gonna happen on the field.
4) NOBODY deserves to get sucker punched. If Blunt was really serious he should have talked to Hout about going Joe Jackson style with gloves sometime.Don't sneak attack someone and run backwards quickly.

Hout SOUGHT OUT Blount after the game was over and got his attention in a verbal AND physical manner. If this were in a public forum then his actions wouldhave been grounds for "inciting a riot" charges. I mean, they were talking about pressing charges against Blount yet nothing for Hout. Gotta playit fair for both parties if that were the case.

Why is it that we excuse the instigator when it comes to athletics? The same $*!# happened with the Artest/Wallace/Palace incident and let Wallace and theDetroit fans get away with minimal repercussions.

I think the length of his suspension was more directly of a result of him getting into it with fans and not leaving the field.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Why is it that we excuse the instigator when it comes to athletics?

Because talking +@%% about ones deceased relative, slapping on the shoulder, and taunting is very professional behavior and shouldn't be looked down upon.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Because talking +@%% about ones deceased relative, slapping on the shoulder, and taunting is very professional behavior and shouldn't be looked down upon.
I bet you watch a lot of MAnswers, am I right?

Words != Violence.

That's like treating somebody who says "I want to kill this guy" the same as the guy who actually kills him.

Know it's your squad, but you sound like a bit of a child in your signature and posts about this all.
laugh.gif

Chester...I didn't know Hout made a comment to Blount about a dead relative...what exactly did he say?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Chester...I didn't know Hout made a comment to Blount about a dead relative...what exactly did he say?
He said theres your *## whoopin...

Byron Hout was standing up as soon as he hit the ground so for those of you that say he got "knocked the F out" your wrong. Check the ESPN articlesabout it.

All he said was, "How bout that ___ whooping" to Blount

Anyone that thinks this doesn't go on the entire game doesn't know anything about college football. When two opposing players are running back to theline of scrimmage there not saying, "hey nice play man"

Blount should be done for the season for -

1. Pushing/punching his teammate
2. Punching Hout
3. Trying to go after fans
4. Shoving a Boise Cop in the face

All I know is that Oregon had "National Championship Contender" hype and came out with 0 first downs in the first half and their "HeismanCandidate" had -5 yards

Lost in all of this is that Boise played a decent game at best and man handled Oregon

Back
Top Bottom