I Feel Like J Cole's debut will be EXTREMELY SOLID (compared to other XXL Frosh)

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

A LOT better...

They more or less have the SAME rhyme pattern and scheme, one is just 4 years younger and has a story worth telling...

And his solo debut is EVERYthing you guys are EXPECTing from Cole... Fashawn already proved he could make a GREAT debut... There's no telling if J Cole's %+%@ EVER drops...
You say outlanidsh @%%+ a lot of times, but I agree with you on this one...Boys Meets World was a great album, really better than a lot of stuff I've heard in a while.  Laid back west coast flow, introspective, relateable, great production, solid wordplay, it was all there.  Sure Cole might be a better lyricist but I don't think he has Fashawn's ability to tell a story or put his life onto a song.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

A LOT better...

They more or less have the SAME rhyme pattern and scheme, one is just 4 years younger and has a story worth telling...

And his solo debut is EVERYthing you guys are EXPECTing from Cole... Fashawn already proved he could make a GREAT debut... There's no telling if J Cole's %+%@ EVER drops...
You say outlanidsh @%%+ a lot of times, but I agree with you on this one...Boys Meets World was a great album, really better than a lot of stuff I've heard in a while.  Laid back west coast flow, introspective, relateable, great production, solid wordplay, it was all there.  Sure Cole might be a better lyricist but I don't think he has Fashawn's ability to tell a story or put his life onto a song.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

yall think quality of music = good lyrics tho...

its more than that...

I swear you hate on everything NT likes... j/w what rappers do you like?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

its more than that...

I hear TIME's music. His music is nice, its a lot different than Coles, so i can see why he wouldnt like Coles sound...But still though, he gotta understand there are a lot of people that likes Coles music...It may be boring to ones ears, but to others it can be a breath of fresh air...as corny as that sounds

I hear TIME's music. His music is nice, its a lot different than Coles, so i can see why he wouldnt like Coles sound...But still though, he gotta understand there are a lot of people that likes Coles music...It may be boring to ones ears, but to others it can be a breath of fresh air...as corny as that sounds

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Put me on Fashawn...Realtalk, havnt heard one song...and im open to anything

Boy Meets World is all you need.. The Ecology
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

MusicalExcellence said:

its more than that...

lupe, wiz, cudi, kanye, budden, TI (i dont like none of this new %!$% really), ummm i like teflon don, jay of course, and ummm yea thats about it... im the type who just likes songs for the most part because artists are way too inconsistent for me most of the time... i listen to a lot of rock too...

thanks... and yea thats not corny thats how it is... u just gotta know who ur tryin to reach... my thing wit cole is that he doesnt belong in the mainstream... he should be on an indie with nice distribution... him being on a major isnt gonna do anything but make him change his style or he's never gonna drop cuz he doesnt make mainstream type stuff...

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

MusicalExcellence said:

its more than that...

lupe, wiz, cudi, kanye, budden, TI (i dont like none of this new %!$% really), ummm i like teflon don, jay of course, and ummm yea thats about it... im the type who just likes songs for the most part because artists are way too inconsistent for me most of the time... i listen to a lot of rock too...

thanks... and yea thats not corny thats how it is... u just gotta know who ur tryin to reach... my thing wit cole is that he doesnt belong in the mainstream... he should be on an indie with nice distribution... him being on a major isnt gonna do anything but make him change his style or he's never gonna drop cuz he doesnt make mainstream type stuff...

ha ha alright, I coulda sworn you hated Lupe and Cudi too. But me other NTers who are always hating hard in those posts
roll.gif

For the most part though pretty similar to who I listen too. Hopefully MM4 delivers and Lasers drops sometime..... ehhh

ha ha alright, I coulda sworn you hated Lupe and Cudi too. But me other NTers who are always hating hard in those posts
roll.gif

For the most part though pretty similar to who I listen too. Hopefully MM4 delivers and Lasers drops sometime..... ehhh

i know for a fact mm4 is gonna be crack... my homie beewirks has been givin joe some heat... thats usually the only thing that determines if joe's %%@! is on point or not... he always spits so as long as the production is on point it should b fire...

and yea i dunno if we'll ever get lasers... lupe better do something quick...

i know for a fact mm4 is gonna be crack... my homie beewirks has been givin joe some heat... thats usually the only thing that determines if joe's %%@! is on point or not... he always spits so as long as the production is on point it should b fire...

and yea i dunno if we'll ever get lasers... lupe better do something quick...

only thing I will remain on the fence about is his production and maybe his subject matter...tho the topics are needed and appreciated he gotta be careful to not flood every record with them same thing....if u listen to enough of J. Cole then u already know what im talking bout.

he said he made the beat for the Jay-Z feature....I hope the joint is top knotch

only thing I will remain on the fence about is his production and maybe his subject matter...tho the topics are needed and appreciated he gotta be careful to not flood every record with them same thing....if u listen to enough of J. Cole then u already know what im talking bout.

he said he made the beat for the Jay-Z feature....I hope the joint is top knotch

Back
Top Bottom