i finally got 3 rings of death on my xbox.. **** ps3 fanboys

Originally Posted by parada45

Get a PS3

**** ps3 fanboy
tongue.gif

I've had my xbox for 3 years and not one problem since I got it. I upgraded to an Elite last year though, just because. But yeah, just send it back ASAP.

yeah get a PS3 so it can freeze in the middle of a madden game where you get 8 interceptions ran back for touchdowns on all-madden, I stick with the xbox 360.

dam i just got mine the other day too. had it since the day it came out without a hiccup, and then all of a sudden my boy starts talking mad %%#% like"i'ma own you at nba 2k" and i turn it on only to see the red rings of DEATH!!!! talk about the worse timing... why in gods name is there evensuch a thing as the red rings of DEATH!!! just the fact it got the word DEATH in it makes it faulty and shady all at the same time. %%$@ YOU BILL GATES!!!

well i'm stilll gonna buy a new one though cause i cant live without nba 2k. its one of the things i'm good at in life. i got a ps3, and once they stepup their online game i'll prolly mess with that alot more.

my 360 stopped workin' in late nov. and i still havin' sent it to get fixed cause now i gotta pay $100 for it..

ive been thinking lately about making to the switch to ps3 but I unno..

I've have my 360 which I bought 5 months after launch, and it still works. Hopefully it doesn't crap out on me. (knocks on wood)

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

Originally Posted by kidUFC

parada45 wrote:

Get a PS3

indifferent.gif
not until they make the controllers interact with the system in
real time
indifferent.gif
Huh?

l_cf051e9f1c8af2100169ad76214d2e1b.jpg

Oh and

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

PS3 FTW!
OH YOU MAD
Ive always thought you were a koo dude until now...... J/K
XBOX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ps3

how long is standard warranty. I've had my 360 since release date and have had it repaired twice both times more than a year after and never paid foranything.

Originally Posted by JP310

how long is standard warranty. I've had my 360 since release date and have had it repaired twice both times more than a year after and never paid for anything.

my !%** says 1 year.. and ends this month on the 22nd

how long is standard warranty. I've had my 360 since release date and have had it repaired twice both times more than a year after and never paid for anything.

my !%** says 1 year.. and ends this month on the 22nd

didn't they attach another 3 years on top of the standard 1 year warranty? cuz MS knew about the ROD problem ...i made the switch to the darkside andnever looked back
smile.gif

The standard warranty for RROD issues is 3 years from purchase date. All other issues I believe it is one year from purchase date. I have a pro modelmanufactured Nov. 2005 (launch) which my GF bought on Valentines Day '06 and it still runs perfect.

knew this day would come.. 3 questions tho..
1. whats the difference between the 3 and 4 flashing lights? 2. on the site, it showed that my xbox warranty expires 1-22-09 *@#? what if my "new xbox that i get from microsoft starts %%#%+#% up again can i still send it back if the warranty is pass due or will i need to get a new one from the store? 3. how long do repairs take? i dont wanna waste my xbox gold by just waiting on microsoft's $%+% up.

mad.gif
1. 4 flashing lights means that something isnt connected right i think, like the power cord or something, 3 rings is a hardware failure
2. it said the same thing for mine and it said i had to pay $94. But after u click that u have the 3 red rings its free. When u get the red rings the warrantyextends for 3 years.
3. I dont know how long it takes because i havent sent mine in yet. I dont have any tape to tape up the box at the crib
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

xclamp fix repair tools sell on ebay for 15 bucks shipped. fixed 6 systems so far for my friends and 2 of mine.

1. whats the difference between the 3 and 4 flashing lights? 2. on the site, it showed that my xbox warranty expires 1-22-09 *@#? what if my "new xbox that i get from microsoft starts %%#%+#% up again can i still send it back if the warranty is pass due or will i need to get a new one from the store? 3. how long do repairs take? i dont wanna waste my xbox gold by just waiting on microsoft's $%+% up.

mad.gif

Wow, He wasn't asking about a PS3 so keep that lame system outta here.

1. 3 red flashing lights means a hardware failure. 4 red lights means something isn't plugged in correctly.
2. If your warranty is pass due, you have to pay $100 to repair the xbox.
3. Took mine about 3 weeks to repair.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

mad.gif
2. it said the same thing for mine and it said i had to pay $94. But after u click that u have the 3 red rings its free. When u get the red rings the warranty extends for 3 years.
2. If your warranty is pass due, you have to pay $100 to repair the xbox.
will i only be covered by the 3 yr warranty if i buy a new xbox? or will i still have it if i get another red ring?

kidUFC wrote:
derryj3 wrote:
Its been a while since I got my 3rd Red Ring of Death....
I think the 3 rings is just when the AV cords arent plugged in all the way into the TV.....

But the real RROD is when the system is dead.

Im on my 4th xbox....Hopefully they'll be dropping a new 360 this fall with Blu-ray? maybe hoping, crosssing my fingers...

i jus filled out the repair form.. i think the xbox is dead.. the 3 rings will show up but xbox wont start.
mad.gif

I think when u see red lights on the xbox and it wont start, that means ur power cord is broken, not the xbox itself. before u register it forrepair, try to test it out using a friend's power cord, if it the xbox still doesnt work on theirs, then u needa get it fixed, if it does work, then all uneed is a new power supply

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

kidUFC wrote:
derryj3 wrote:
Its been a while since I got my 3rd Red Ring of Death....
I think the 3 rings is just when the AV cords arent plugged in all the way into the TV.....

But the real RROD is when the system is dead.

Im on my 4th xbox....Hopefully they'll be dropping a new 360 this fall with Blu-ray? maybe hoping, crosssing my fingers...

i jus filled out the repair form.. i think the xbox is dead.. the 3 rings will show up but xbox wont start.
mad.gif

I think when u see red lights on the xbox and it wont start, that means ur power cord is broken, not the xbox itself. before u register it for repair, try to test it out using a friend's power cord, if it the xbox still doesnt work on theirs, then u needa get it fixed, if it does work, then all u need is a new power supply

i dont think its the power supply.. when i trun on the xbox.. the light on the power supply turns green as oppose to turning orange or red. thexobx seems dead and wont show on the tv screen

i haven't gotten the 3 RROD since i bought my elite in 07 but i was just wondering, since the hard-drive is removable, all your files still get savedright? the only, though biggest loss is that you can't play right?

Back
Top Bottom