I find God so difficult to understand....

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

God is beyond human comprehension. Those who believe they FULLY understand God are kidding themselves. Keyword is fully. Most Christians have a rudimentary understanding of God at best. Instead of attempting to logically understand the nature God, live your life and take events in stride. The same brain that is used to solve engineering system analysis problems and litigation cases lacks the capacity to understand God. This assertion applies to the entire human race. As for hell, it's my assumption that only humans with the capacity to accept or reject Jesus Christ are candidates for hell. Babies and the mentally challanged do not go to hell. I'm sure this is in the bible. I'm at work(meeting lol) and do not have time to cross referance any of my statements, however once I am off I will address this discussion in a more thorough manner. Take what I've said with a grain of salt.
Right on point sir... +2 for you
pimp.gif
Are people who were never taught to understand Jesus also candidates for hell?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

God is beyond human comprehension. Those who believe they FULLY understand God are kidding themselves. Keyword is fully. Most Christians have a rudimentary understanding of God at best. Instead of attempting to logically understand the nature God, live your life and take events in stride. The same brain that is used to solve engineering system analysis problems and litigation cases lacks the capacity to understand God. This assertion applies to the entire human race. As for hell, it's my assumption that only humans with the capacity to accept or reject Jesus Christ are candidates for hell. Babies and the mentally challanged do not go to hell. I'm sure this is in the bible. I'm at work(meeting lol) and do not have time to cross referance any of my statements, however once I am off I will address this discussion in a more thorough manner. Take what I've said with a grain of salt.
pimp.gif
Only one knows, and he/she/it/whatever isn't human and isn't telling. Everyone else can only speculate.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Show me an Atheist and I will show you someone as dumb as someone who believes the world was created in seven days.
grin.gif
?
explain

The greatest hypocrisy to me is the individual whom mocks the person who believes the world was created in 7 days, but also believes that he/she KNOWS there is no God. There are hundreds of reasons to argue against religion but Atheism takes it a step further, and says it's not that I don't know, I do know what God is, and that is a myth. That to me is the definition of hypocrisy. The definition of an Athiest is one who believes there to be no God, in that denial they are simultaneously stating that there is a God.

This coming from someone who once considered himself atheist.

I'm an atheist.....I don't believe in God...I have no reason to without proof. However, when I voice my opinions and my arguments for why I don't believe I always reiterate the fact that nobody knows what happens after you die. Nobody knows.....look at my earlier post on human's 2 greatest curiosities/mysteries (origin of life and the after-life). Nobody knows and until someone givse a definition to this way of looking at life and religion I'll just consider myself an atheist.

Atheism-by my definition is non-belief in a higher being until proof is provided. There could or there couldn't be a God but it would be stupid for me to dedicate my life to blindly following something without any kind of visual or tangible evidence of it's existence. Atheism should be the "default" school of thought, we are all born atheists and are essentially taught to be "christians"

That my friend is agnosticism...To each their own though.

pimp.gif

my personal belief is that those that have never heard of Jesus will in fact be saved from hell...

As a Christian I am saying that you cannot to begin to fathom God. Anyone who says they understand God is full of themselves. When we try to understand God iswhen I think we start to get jacked. And also as a Christian I am saying I do have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ

i think the most ridiculous thing is people who believe in divine intervention, that god chooses to bless. that's ridiculous. for example, my mom isreligious, lives by the 'word of god', is an extremely nice and caring person. and she came down with cancer recently. or people that are born intopoverty or victims of genocide, or people that are born without limbs. there is no concise and clear explanation for why god would choose to bless some but notall. my belief is that there is no intervention. we all have choice. we are all products of our environment. some are fortunate, some are not.

pimp.gif

my personal belief is that those that have never heard of Jesus will in fact be saved from hell...

I agree with this and the first quote of this is real talk btw. Anyways back on track I believe that someone who has never heard the gospel or so on is savedfrom hell. But, if the person begins to worship something false like "the sun god" or so on might be a diff story. I don't really know exactlywhere to go on this topic because I am young in my walk. I've been a Christian for only 3 years

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

pimp.gif

I agree with this and the first quote of this is real talk btw. Anyways back on track I believe that someone who has never heard the gospel or so on is saved from hell. But, if the person begins to worship something false like "the sun god" or so on might be a diff story. I don't really know exactly where to go on this topic because I am young in my walk. I've been a Christian for only 3 years
How do you know the "sun God" is false? How do you know your religion is the "right one"?

Back
Top Bottom