I got a question for you bros Vol. Manhood + Drivers Liscence

Don't really need a car in NY unless you live in one of the more remote parts.

it just seems weird to me....ya really dont see it?...ya really wouldnt feel weird being with a girl that drives and owns a car and you simply dont know how to make a left or right turn in a car?....

it just seems weird to me....ya really dont see it?...ya really wouldnt feel weird being with a girl that drives and owns a car and you simply dont know how to make a left or right turn in a car?....

Personally, I'm not insecure like that. Of all the things to rustle my jimmies, my girl driving (and me not) isn't one of them.

so this is something that i thought was weird but thats maybe because ive been a driver for over 10 years....anyhow i know of a dude whose 30+ years old and just recently took his road test, dude never leanred how to drive until now, I understand NOT owning a car, thats cool with me, but to me is a little weird to be a grown *** man and not know how to operate a vehicle, im i the only one who feels this way?....i feel as a man you should just know how to do certain things IE drive a car, operate a drill, paint a wall, tip your barber, etc.

whats your thoughts on the subject NT?
different strokes for different folks. We all go through different stages of life at different paces. Why think of someone as being "less than" because they haven't done something in their life that YOU set a standard for? I figured someone like you would understand this concept.

Personally, I'm not insecure like that. Of all the things to rustle my jimmies, my girl driving (and me not) isn't one of them.

not about insecurities, the wife and i both drive, but if we are together is just natural instinct for me to take the wheel anywhere we go unless i ask her to drive.....like i said you dont have to own a car, i get that, but not knowing how to operate a car IMO is another story, you simply should, it would only help you to know so in life, why would you limit yourself?

Don't really need a car in NY unless you live in one of the more remote parts.
I wouldn't feel weird about it.  I'd actually ask her to teach me
laugh.gif

You should know how to drive because it's a valuable skill.

Not because you feel it would make you less of a man to not know how.

It's almost like saying someone's less of a man for not having a degree.

They're useful and you should have one but not because you're embarrassed to not have one.

different strokes for different folks. We all go through different stages of life at different paces. Why think of someone as being "less than" because they haven't done something in their life that YOU set a standard for? I figured someone like you would understand this concept.

not really sure what that means...

I wouldn't feel weird about it.  I'd actually ask her to teach me :lol:
You should know how to drive because it's a valuable skill.
Not because you feel it would make you less of a man to not know how.
It's almost like saying someone's less of a man for not having a degree.
They're useful and you should have one but not because you're embarrassed to not have one.

ha!...you get it

its a valuable life skill to know so, to write it off as something not needed because of where you live comes off as a bit dependent.

having a degree is not something you can compare to having a liscence...imo.

There are some adults who (due to certain medical conditions) will never be able to drive, for their own safety and for the safety of others.

I was speaking specifically and respectfully about your conception situation. We are around the same age, and like you a lot of my friends have children. There are some that ask you and say, "why don't you have children by now?" Everyone has their reasons and there are those that think something is wrong with you because you don't have kids by your early 30's. To bring it back to my original point is, people experience different things in life at different times. So what that YOU think HE should be doing X at this point. Knowing how to drive a car doesn't equal manhood. How fair is it to judge someone's life by a standard YOU set for his life? That's what I meant by that statement. 

Last edited:

I was speaking specifically and respectfully about your conception situation. We are around the same age, and like you a lot of my friends have children. There are some that ask you and say, "why don't you have children by now?" Everyone has their reasons and there are those that think something is wrong with you because you don't have kids by your early 30's. To bring it back to my original point is, people experience different things in life at different times. So what that YOU think HE should be doing X at this point. Knowing how to drive a car doesn't equal manhood. How fair is it to judge someone's life by a standard YOU set for his life? That's what I meant by that statement. 
Wouldn't that fall under medical condition excuse?

bro, i dont have kids because of a medical condition, not by choice which is what im referring to in this thread when im speaking on grown men who CHOSE not to ever learn to operate a car....

if i was in here speaking on behalf of a blind man not driving, then id understand why youd bring up my issue with having kids at my age....lol

Situation isn't really comparable imo

OP isnt talking about medical issues hindering someone from driving. He's not roasting someone who is trying to get their drivers license and cant pass the test. He's saying, as an able-bodied man, what excuse do you have to not at least obtain a license? I tend to agree. Kind of. Why WOULDNT you want to have your license.... Just in case?

I originally said NY dudes are the exception becAuse of OD insurance costs, parking spots, and the amazing transport system. Thats applies to any major metropolitan city though i suppose.

bro, i dont have kids because of a medical condition, not by choice which is what im referring to in this thread when im speaking on grown men who CHOSE not to ever learn to operate a car....

if i was in here speaking on behalf of a blind man not driving, then id understand why youd bring up my issue with having kids at my age....lol
So that precludes you from not looking at it from the other perspective? Having a foster child and adoption are also options. I don't recall the original post to be conditional.

one of my homies got in a crazy car accident, wrapped his back around a tree, hates to be in cars let alone drive one. But thats an extreme case i agree, a man should be able to know how to operate and do quick/ small/ minor maintenance on a vehicle.

Im not that great at driving. Im left handed so everything about driving feels so unatural to me.

Back
Top Bottom