I got a question for you bros Vol. Manhood + Drivers Liscence

Why would your views be any different for women ?

i guess is a bit sexist on my part...i cant excuse that.

it just doesnt look right to me personally for a man to depend on a woman to drive him everywhere BY CHOICE.

please lets not get our jimmies rustled NT.

Eh like posted before if you're in a big city it's excusable. Real issue is not knowing how to drive stick if you do know how to drive. That ish is inexcusable as a man

Don't cloud the argument by throwing the easy comparison argument. The overall theme I see is not seeing it from the other person's POV. So what an able bodied man doesn't want to have his license? Who are we to say he's wrong?

So that precludes you from not looking at it from the other perspective? Having a foster child and adoption are also options. I don't recall the original post to be conditional.

im currently going through IVF, im not sure how this is even comparable tho....two completely different situations.....

Eh like posted before if you're in a big city it's excusable. Real issue is not knowing how to drive stick if you do know how to drive. That ish is inexcusable as a man

:rofl: y'all are funny. y'all connect all these dumb ***, none substantial things to manhood.

taking care of your family. nah.

being honest and having integrity. nope.

standing your ground and determining the path of your life. nuh uh.

driving a car with manual transmission. now THAT'S a sign of being a man.

So that precludes you from not looking at it from the other perspective? Having a foster child and adoption are also options. I don't recall the original post to be conditional.
im currently going through IVF, im not sure how this is even comparable tho....two completely different situations.....
You're still missing the point, but it's whatever man.

laugh.gif

Only place in the US that has worse drivers than NYC is PG County.
I second this 
roll.gif

Don't cloud the argument by throwing the easy comparison argument. The overall theme I see is not seeing it from the other person's POV. So what an able bodied man doesn't want to have his license? Who are we to say he's wrong?

im not clouding anything tho, you brought up my medical condition of not being able to procreate naturally in order to give me perspective on the process of acquiring a drivers liscence for a man who CHOOSES not to....just doesnt compare...

roll.gif
y'all are funny. y'all connect all these dumb ***, none substantial things to manhood.

taking care of your family. nah.

being honest and having integrity. nope.

standing your ground and determining the path of your life. nuh uh.

driving a car with manual transmission. now THAT'S a sign of being a man.
repp'd

If you live in a big city like NYC, I can sorta get why you wouldn't need a license. Doesn't make you any less of a man
laugh.gif

*How about this...what are things that society designates as "manly," that you don't know how to do?

1. Drive a stick shift

2. Change a tire

*shrugs*
I dont know how to drive stick and I want to learn badly. Need to find a hoopty that I can do it with so I dont burn out the clutch on someones valuable car.

My dad wouldnt let me drive without knowing how to change a tire, and I've had to do it several times. Its something EVERYONE who drives should know, man or woman.

I don't need a license in NYC, therefore I don't have one. I don't like driving anyway. The burden of being responsible for everyone else is too much for me.

im not clouding anything tho, you brought up my medical condition of not being able to procreate naturally in order to give me perspective on the process of acquiring a drivers liscence for a man who CHOOSES not to....just doesnt compare...
I used you as an example. If it was a little personal, I'm sorry. BUT, my overall point was who are you to judge someone else's life by YOUR standard. Let him live up to his own standard in life. If he doesn't want to have a license until he's 60, so be it. Who are you to view him as less of a man because that's what he decided to do with his life?

Agreed about knowing how to do your own ****.
With driving, A lot of cats got fines and **** though. I had fines in 3 states and just barely got my L's at 32. Riding dirty unfortunately was a norm.

The thing is though, driving a car is easy . Driving a stick is easy. You can learn how to drive and pass a road test in a couple of days. Who doesnt want to take a few days to learn something new and make themselves a more well rounded person?

Pros to knowing how to drive:

Able to travel long distances on your own schedule.

Freedom to go wherever, whenever.

Medical emergency.

Yambs.

Countless other things

Cons to knowing how to drive:

????

I used you as an example. If it was a little personal, I'm sorry. BUT, my overall point was who are you to judge someone else's life by YOUR standard. Let him live up to his own standard in life. If he doesn't want to have a license until he's 60, so be it. Who are you to view him as less of a man because that's what he decided to do with his life?

not personal at all, im not offended by you bringing that up, just feel you misused me as an example in this situation.

we judge others characters based on their actions, i dont think ive ever met someone who has never passed judgemet on someone else, why is it that people always revert back to this in order to void a discussion??...are you free of EVER in your life passing judgement on someone else?...EVER?

Last edited:

not personal at all, im not offended by you bringing that up, just feel you misused me as an example in this situation.

we judge others characters based on their actions, i dont think ive ever met someone who has never passed judgemet on someone else, why is it that people always revert back to this in order to void a discussion??...are you free of EVER in your life passing judgement on someone else?...EVER?
We're judged all the time in life, doesn't make it right to do. I can't make it simpler than I already have. Again, you're focusing on the example as opposed to my overall message.

You NY dudes are a different story though.

Ain't no body different man

****** in NY are the best drivers when it comes to taking over the road. If I'm out of town and on the highway, a ***** sees my license plates and gets out the way cus he know it's about to get real. ****** out of town show NY drivers respect because we are the only region that can come go to another city and take over the streets, and drivers will just let us rock. And on top of that NY got the best cars on the streets
Nah b no one moving to the right lane when they see ur plate

I'm an extremist but you think knowing how to operate a car some how measures a man?

Ok fam.

I shouldn't even have responded once I saw who started the thread that was my mistake you fellas carry on

If someone told me he could not operate a vehicle, no matter what age, I would not automatically think he was less of a man.

We're judged all the time in life, doesn't make it right to do. I can't make it simpler than I already have. Again, you're focusing on the example as opposed to my overall message.

so you are judging me, because im judging, see the irony?...

yes bros imo i pass judgement on a man 30+ years of age who cant drive by choice, im a really a villain to do so?...no passing judgement is not the end of the world, we do so everyday, how are you guys any different than me?

is something you either agree with or dont, im just stating my POV

DONT JUDGE ME! :frown:

I see Jimmies getting rustled, which is not what i was looking for....lets lock this thread up NT

i forget on NT everyone has to have a uniformed opinion or else :rolleyes

yes bros imo i pass judgement on a man 30+ years of age who cant drive by choice, im a really a villain to do so?...no passing judgement is not the end of the world, we do so everyday, how are you guys any different than me?

DONT JUDGE ME! :frown:

If I judge someone it's based on their values and morals. Not whether they can drive. That's how I'm different.

DONT JUDGE ME!
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom