I guess its true that you learn something new everyday...VOL-birth of a new meme

I went to my buddy's shop to get an oil change, he introduced me to the guy that works next to him. Dude and i started to talk..next thing i know hes dropping all of this science facts which mind blew my mind.

Talkin bout "Rub your hands, see that heat isn't from friction, its actually from molecules bursting energy from one hand to another"(Not sure if i phrased him correctly lol) Then dude asked me, "Where does sunlight come from?" With so much swag i went ahead and said, "the sun, son" He looked at me dead in the eyes and said, "Nope!" I told dude to stop playing, he then asks me, "When the space shuttle goes up into space, how come the sun isn't lighting up space? Why is it always dark?" From there,my face was
eek.gif
I forgot the answer to the sun question but damn....im not sure what to believe now.

90374be9_mind_blown.gif

Originally Posted by 23kidd

I went to my buddy's shop to get an oil change, he introduced me to the guy that works next to him. Dude and i started to talk..next thing i know hes dropping all of this science facts which mind blew my mind.

Talkin bout "Rub your hands, see that heat isn't from friction, its actually from molecules bursting energy from one hand to another"(Not sure if i phrased him correctly lol) Then dude asked me, "Where does sunlight come from?" With so much swag i went ahead and said, "the sun, son" He looked at me dead in the eyes and said, "Nope!" I told dude to stop playing, he then asks me, "When the space shuttle goes up into space, how come the sun isn't lighting up space? Why is it always dark?" From there,my face was
eek.gif
I forgot the answer to the sun question but damn....im not sure what to believe now.

90374be9_mind_blown.gif

Skip to 1:30 for talk about the sun. Let me know if your friends co-worker sounded like this guy on the left. He's definitely on that
pimp.gif

Im gonna try to take a pic of him next time i go up there...."mechanic meme" idea is def worthy 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
"Lemme learn ya something, youngblood"...that type is ALWAYS interesting. I used to debate, now I just sit back and listen...it's like a parody of an educational program, "Schoolhouse Wrong" or some !%*+...

Doesn't seem like you learned anything today because you can't recall whatever it is he told you.
Just saying.

Originally Posted by Barry Zero

Doesn't seem like you learned anything today because you can't recall whatever it is he told you.
Just saying.
I'm saying though, I was waiting for some answers in his post. But never got any 
laugh.gif

The light you see from the sun comes to you reflected off the ground, grass etc. similarly, the sky looks light because the sunlight is reflected off particles of dust (or water droplets - for clouds) in the air.

The air runs out when you reach space and thus this reflected light disappears and the sunlight passes you by without being reflected. Thus without air space is black.

When comets appear and grow a tail, this tail is made of thin air and dust and it reflects sunlight. Space in the region of the comet ceases to be dark!

eek.gif

90374be9_mind_blown.gif

shocked_fans_omg.gif

Talkin bout "Rub your hands, see that heat isn't from friction, its actually from molecules bursting energy from one hand to another"(Not sure if i phrased him correctly lol)
what is this i don't even

Back
Top Bottom