i had one of the best burger and fries the other day.

what's the consensus on 5 guys vs. shake shack? heading out to NY from cali in 3 weeks
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by quiksilver199

I KNEW it was going to be a Five Guys burger whenever I opened this thread. Definitely the best burger I've ever had and the fries are awesome too. Five Guys FTW

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

what's the consensus on 5 guys vs. shake shack? heading out to NY from cali in 3 weeks
nerd.gif
I'd say Five Guys. I've had both only one time but I prefer the burger from Five Guys.

The Little Hamburger (what I ordered) at FGs is the size equivalent to that of the SS burger (I got the Shackburger). Five Guys also have bigger burgers, whichI didn't get.

Price wise, I paid under 10 bucks for the Little Hamburger, Cajun Fries (I recommend these), and a regular drink at Five Guys. I ate there so I got to refillmy drink plenty of times and got my money's worth, I suppose. You also get to put tons of additional things onto your burger for free (onions, pickles,mushrooms, etc)

At Shake Shack, I got a ShackBurger and Cheese Fries for a little under 9 bucks. It was a good burger, a little on the small side, but definitely not worth thelong wait on line. Also, the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park is outdoor seating, so enjoy eating in the cold if you decide to stay there and there'sanother one in the Upper West Side with indoor seating I believe. (I also hear the shakes are good but I personally wouldn't pay $5 for a small cup)

Originally Posted by sosly

Are there any in California? I'm tired of In N Out.

I know for a fact there's one in Carson and one in Cerritos. Thats just SoCal, tho, i wouldn't know about other parts of Cali

smashburger.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Burgers and Malt Shakes are sooooo On Point.. I had dudes and chics leaving with a burger in the system and a burger to go.. But, honestly the burgeris much better if you eat inside.

Five Guys Burgers
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Too bad I can't eat the fries since I am allergic to peanuts.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by LORENander

Are there any in California? I'm tired of In N Out.
there are actually (in socal though). one is in carson and the other in cerritos. i tried it in carson and i thought it was pretty good. pricier than in n out but you can put a lot more toppings on your burger. massive portions of fries, but they were a little too salty. hard for me to say which is better, but five guys is worth a try.
Next to Cerritos Center [mall] or something right? I think I've drove passed it before.
Across the Cerritos Mall, near the Game Stop and Panda Express.

Five Guys is amazing stuff.

Don't sleep on Fuddruckers, though. When you put the jalapeno nacho cheese on the burger it's like
eek.gif

dsc06692.jpg

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

wow, 5 guys is outta control. and yes. ive had in & out before. ive even had one next day mailed to me from some fam out in compton
laugh.gif

and the fries, dont wanna get started on those. i ordered a reg size and you can feed 2-3 ppl off it. they gave me my fries i ordered and then after she put everything in the bag, she dumped another order straight in the bag. idk if this is normal or if she just did it just because.

if you haven't had 5 guys, i highly recommend it. a lil on the pricey side tho. but well worth it!

now i gotta get to texas and try wataburger.

eek.gif
Burger is serious business

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Don't sleep on Fuddruckers, though. When you put the jalapeno nacho cheese on the burger it's like
eek.gif

dsc06692.jpg

five guys makes a pretty good burger. my buddy that went to NY came back hypin up Shake Shack, he really liked it.

but don't sleep on Fuddruckers, now that's a fine burger
smokin.gif

Five Guys is real good, and I always get the cajun fries instead of the normal ones. I've only had in n out once and it was like 7 years ago but I rememberit being mad good too.
Has anyone tried Fatburger? They opened one up kinda close to me but I wanted to know if it was worth a visit.

Fatburger sucks. At least the one I went to did, which was located in Buena Park, right by the Attic.

Originally Posted by jbone427

eek.gif

dsc06692.jpg

five guys makes a pretty good burger. my buddy that went to NY came back hypin up Shake Shack, he really liked it.

but don't sleep on Fuddruckers, now that's a fine burger
smokin.gif
i keep on forgetting about fuddruckers. ive been to red robin multiple times tho. red robin gives you bottomless fries as well.

speaking of jalapeno cheese sauce. TACO BELL has a jalapeno cheese sauce and its CRACK on the nachos. not too many ppl know about this.

Originally Posted by quiksilver199

I KNEW it was going to be a Five Guys burger whenever I opened this thread.

me toooooooo!!!

some of the best burgers have been at bars!

We actually got one of these here, it was tasty. There is a smashburger too but I haven't been yet.

eek.gif

dsc06692.jpg
My favorite burger place ever!!!! The two that were in my town closed down.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

Elevation Burger > 5 Guys > *

Now I definitely know how good 5 Guys is being from DC/MD..and this was honestly the best burger I've ever had (including fries)...until Elevation came around to the National Harbor.

Their elevation burger above and beyond &#($* on any other burger.

I will admit that the fries are way too salty though (always get un-salted).. 5 Guys fries are superior.

Elevation+Burger+2.JPG

picture-10.png

dsc_8659_550.jpg

'ol elevation sauce had me cheesing like the 'Good Burger' 'secret' sauce knowing damn well its just Ketchup and Mayo
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
No lie, I went there last night just because of your post. It was really good, but I can't dare put it over 5 Guys. Will definitely be goingback though. My burger did not look that good though.
laugh.gif

^I wasn't jumping out of my seat either the first time I ate there..but man..a few trips to that place, the burgers are amazing
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom