I Hate My Job

I hate my job!

I am an elementary school teacher and i hate this job..

I need to get out of the classroom its been 9 years..

i took a 1 year sabbatical with pay from feb '21- jan '22

ive been back for almost a month and I hate this stuff

the only reason im not quitting is because we are getting contract negotiated retro checks for about $18k in May... I dont want to leave that money on the table

and i dont have a job lined up... but... I cant do this no more man

Ayo I'm lookin' for a job, ain't nobody hiring
Then I ask the boss, "when y'all doin' firing?"
You know I'm admiring nice job, family man
Car and looking as walk in a tiring
Shoulda been a fireman, learn to do wiring
Then get retirement, I blame my environment (its my hood)
I went in for an interview, for delivery (for delivery)
"Locked up, felonies?" now the dude's quizzing me
You working on my future, why you need to know my history
All he did was Google me, no big mystery

2wurrf.png

I hate my job!

the only reason im not quitting is because we are getting contract negotiated retro checks for about $18k in May... I dont want to leave that money on the table

Ups is hiring

How were you able to take a paid hiatus from work?

Get what you can out of it but obviously have a back up for when you leave.

We’re you at least looking for a new job during that 1-year off?
just hang in there till that 18k drops in your bank account and look elsewhere for employment right now.

I would just wait until you get the money then start applying to jobs... Not a good idea to quit right now imo

I agree with not quitting... I want the $18k check... Im just tired of the teaching thing... too nurturing for a man to do... and I work in the trenches... kids arent that bad.. just needy.. .i work with 8-9 year olds

I agree with not quitting... I want the $18k check... Im just tired of the teaching thing... too nurturing for a man to do... and I work in the trenches... kids arent that bad.. just needy.. .i work with 8-9 year olds
yeah i would secure another job too first

just don’t snap

There's nothing wrong with a man being nurturing, but if you don't like it than you don't like it.

I’m in the same boat homie…but I can’t make any moves right now. Too many people rely on my income…wife, 2 kids, wife’s parents…

yeah i would secure another job too first

just don’t snap

literally had a situation at the school where a teacher put hands on a kid last week and completely lost his cool.... i dont want that to be me... i know it wont.. but i gotta protect my mental... i cant keep spending my time in this school

I hate my job!

start looking for a new job. Line it up so you got a new job lined up right after you get that May payment and bounce. Go somewhere you're happier

Not sure what the next move is but teaching is a great skill especially in tech sales and solution engineering. Not a bad option to look at.

Good luck on the hunt. Update that linkedin or get on if your arent already

Back
Top Bottom