I Hate My Job

I got out of teaching. I use to be an independent studies teacher/coach at an At Risk Charter school.
All the staff acted like it was High School for them. Plus COVID changed everything to be honest.
They would let the kids run the school. That **** aint cool man. Im glad I got out at the right time.

the only thing i like is my schedule and days off... other than that... i dislike everything
I mean what specifically is causing you issues at work that you feel cannot be fixed? You have to be sure whatever you get into next you won't have the same experience because a lot of other jobs out there are going to have the same or similar issues.
There are tons of people that would love the summer off, benefits and a week here and there throughout the winter like you guys get even if it means just clocking in and out and doing the bare minimum.
At least you're not a CO.

This notion that you should know exactly what you're going to do for the rest of your life at the ages 18-25 is nuts.

And who said that?

I think my question is reasonable about what he was expecting .

Especially literally growing up in that environment.

And who said that?

I think my question is reasonable about what he was expecting .

Especially literally growing up in that environment.
Not saying you did. One can only assume something is what you want to do, and that you can bear it from the outside looking in. People quit those types of social roles all the time even if that's what their heart and mind was set on. Even better he's realizing he's not suited for it anymore and might hurt people if he stays longer. Some cops could learn from that and move on.

Not saying you did. One can only assume something is what you want to do, and that you can bear it from the outside looking in. People quit those types of social roles all the time even if that's what their heart and mind was set on. Even better he's realizing he's not suited for it anymore and might hurt people if he stays longer. Some cops could learn from that and move on.

I don’t know why you feel the need to explain the explained.

I honestly just want to know what was it about teaching that made him want to take that trip and how he found out it wasn’t what he wanted.

I’m just genuinely curious about the situation .

Some people people become cops for a check.

Some because they are adrenaline junkies.

Some simply because they want to kill people of color.

Some because they want to make a real difference but the system just won’t allow it.

Not saying he did anything for any of these reasons.

I thought it was pretty obvious it was a general comment, a thought inspired by posts but not directed at anyone, but I keep underestimating the propensity of folks on the internet to turn anything into an argument.

OP quit. There’s so much money out there doing much much easier work. Teaching is not worth it. I taught and I loved it initially but it’s definitely more natural for women to be that nurturing with that age kids. I left so drained everyday and felt terrible that I would never financially have the means to support myself properly let alone a family. I’ll go back someday when I’m much older when I can do it not for money and for older kids that want actual financial literacy and guidance (that I didn’t get growing up). Teaching is the most important profession and sadly the most underrated, under appreciated, and underpaid one out there.

You can make 5x what you make now with a small amount of effort. And I say that because if you got a bachelor + masters + taught for 9 years you’re organized, good at learning, and understand how to linearly progress through requirements.

My recommendation if you are interested in the go to market side of companies is to get into Sales Operations / Deal Desk / Commercial Operations. It's a growing field and as more companies move to the cloud the need is not going anywhere. Im no genius, work remote, and make 200k+. Took only a few years (far less than 9) to ramp up into this career path and salary range and it’s primarily because of my soft skills (communicating) and organized approach. If you want any more details or suggestions let me know.

Common sentiment - would it surprise you that private school teachers generally make 20-30% less than public school teachers to do the same job?
They are teaching at the wrong schools. There is money to be made in affluent areas with less headache.

I hope the lesson plans are still good and the kids still get the education they need.

I also hope the kids in the classroom aren't suffering because you hate your job

fluid hips fluid hips

No, he is saying in general public school teachers make more than private. Them being in affluent areas isn't changing that much.

Public Schools = Public Funding

Private schools have to get there money from wherever.

This is what I want to know as well.

This is one of those careers you pursue it doesn’t just happen.

What were you hoping vs reality?

I have 2 degrees in education... i didnt hate it at first

AND i wanted a career out of college... I was watching people graduate from school and move back in wit their parents and work regular jobs like target and best buy until they found a career..

i was determined to not move back in with my parents... by any means necessary

I moved out at 18 and im 32 and have never moved back in... alot of people cant say that

I hope the lesson plans are still good and the kids still get the education they need.

I also hope the kids in the classroom aren't suffering because you hate your job
Probably the least helpful post in this thread.

One of the reasons people in education hate their jobs is that everyone has this idea that they owe it to the kids to simply roll up their sleeves and get it done when we as a society have equipped them with few resources, a lack of support, and poor pay.

It’s crazy the comments people will make when you do something as simple as take a day off - “but what about the children?”

One of the reasons people in education hate their jobs is that everyone has this idea that they owe it to the kids to simply roll up their sleeves and get it done when we as a society have equipped them with few resources, a lack of support, and poor pay.

It’s crazy the comments people will make when you do something as simple as take a day off - “but what about the children?”
Aren't you a teacher with a Taycan? Do you teach public or private

Aren't you a teacher with a Taycan? Do you teach public or private

Yes. I teach public. My kids attend private. My wife and I have several businesses/investments that we do very well from. I make about 60k teaching after more than a decade and have a masters degree. Use it to max out retirement and donate the rest. Kind of a unique/weird position to be in, but I am a glutton for punishment and it allows me to teach and coach without a lot of the stress felt by my peers - still a ton of stress though. My heart breaks for the educators that are struggling.

Mans wants you to have more responsibilities than their actual PARENTS…. He’s out of his mind. “Kids suffering” :lol: :lol: :lol: what about these incompetent parents who create the suffering:lol:

They’re are tons of terrible adults out here, who pass those same terrible traits to their kids. It’s not the teachers fault

Yes. I teach public. My kids attend private. My wife and I have several businesses/investments that we do very well from. I make about 60k teaching after more than a decade and have a masters degree. Use it to max out retirement and donate the rest. Kind of a unique/weird position to be in, but I am a glutton for punishment and it allows me to teach and coach without a lot of the stress felt by my peers - still a ton of stress though. My heart breaks for the educators that are struggling.

$60k teaching 10 years with a masters degree is disrespectful

I make 60k, this is my 5th year with only a bachelors. But that's because I took an extra class.

Teaching at all levels is an extremely stressful job. This will probably be my last FULL year. My county is paying for me to get my AWS Certified Solutions Architect cert. Little do they know imma get it and jet :lol:. It makes a lot of people break you have a million things to deal with at once, constant pressure, lack of funding and resources, the list goes on and on.

If they gave me an extra 30k a year I would never leave, it doesn't get to me much at all. I'm good at compartmentalizing and honestly I don't do more than what I'm paid for.

Back
Top Bottom