I have More Respect For Shane Battier Than Anyone Else In The League ...

he was talking about how hes gonna start jacking more and more now becaus ethey dont have yao ... hopefully they knock the lakers out of the playoffs withoutyao and tmac

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

he was talking about how hes gonna start jacking more and more now becaus ethey dont have yao ... hopefully they knock the lakers out of the playoffs without yao and tmac
lets be honest, Phil is not going to let Battier continue to look like a superstar. he might have been caught off guard today, but we all know hewill have a gameplan for next time.

the Rockets will probably lose the next one by 30.

pimp.gif

I would love to have Battier as a part of my team. I always had respect for him. Dude's an elite defender who doesn't flop or use dirty tactics (as faras I've seen).

I wish he was still a Grizzlie. Would've much rathered traded Pau for Rudy than Battier for Rudy. You can replace Pau, but you just can't replace a guylike Battier.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Definitely have a lot of respect for him. Kobe is a ++!%%$% for even talking %+@* to him. I understand talking smack to Artest, but he needs to have more respect for Battier.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

lets be honest, Phil is not going to let Battier continue to look like a superstar. he might have been caught off guard today, but we all know he will have a gameplan for next time.

lol ... caught off guard huh ... how is phil going to change the fact that kobe only defends when he feels like it and shane gives kobe fits on the floor?

lets be honest, Phil is not going to let Battier continue to look like a superstar. he might have been caught off guard today, but we all know he will have a gameplan for next time.

lol ... caught off guard huh ... how is phil going to change the fact that kobe only defends when he feels like it and shane gives kobe fits on the floor?
how is Shane Battier giving Kobe fits? Kobe has been knocking in jumpers over Battier like he isn't even there.

Kobe is shooting 46% for the series, which is exactly what he shot in the regular season. so Battier's packet of notes or w/e on how to defend Kobeisn't working, because he's just as effective as normally is. Kobe is winning that matchup (except for today, of course).

the reason why the Rockets have been having success is not because of the Battier-Kobe matchup, but because the Lakers role players cannot knock down shots,and the Lakers do not play great team defense.

the guy obviously has skills and talent, that's why he was drafted in the lottery,

but plays with an effort as if he was undrafted.

how is Shane Battier giving Kobe fits? Kobe has been knocking in jumpers over Battier like he isn't even there.

Kobe is shooting 46% for the series, which is exactly what he shot in the regular season. so Battier's packet of notes or w/e on how to defend Kobe isn't working, because he's just as effective as normally is. Kobe is winning that matchup (except for today, of course).

the reason why the Rockets have been having success is not because of the Battier-Kobe matchup, but because the Lakers role players cannot knock down shots, and the Lakers do not play great team defense.
LOL classic example of someone not knowing what they are talking about ... kobe has been scoring yeah you got that, but its not because he istaking shane with ease ... its because hes jacking up shots at a crazy rate ... the only game he didnt score (tonight) he wasnt jacking like he had to in theprevious games against houston to overcompensate for getting shut down ... also, shane isnt letting him get to the rim so he cant pad his stats with freethrows ... hes taken the same amount of shots in 4 games against the rockets as he did in 5 games against the jazz ...

let me preface this by saying i HATE duke ... i HATE every player duke has produced ... hell i even HATED shane battier, until now ...

but damn is dude a solid nba player ... let me find another player who will guard kobe willingly and take everything in stride like he does ... knock down the tre ball as consistently as he does and understand the game the way he does ... i just watched an interview with him and he straight up toldit like it is ...

pimp.gif
I was just thinking that earlier while I was watching the game

Back
Top Bottom