I have More Respect For Shane Battier Than Anyone Else In The League ...

He's 6'8 with long @$@$ arms and quick feet. If he decide to play hard defense he could really bother a lot of superstars. Kobe is no exception

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by Ryda421

d-ride much ?
Why is he d-riding

because he's not talking about Lebron?
d-riding because it took this performance for him to realize that battier is the "real deal" this has been clear since he was drafted bythe grizz. it just seems like d-riding because he stated he disliked him because he was/is from DUKE. therefore being ignorant JUST because of a person'sbackground/where he came from. ehh

-smile

Dude works hard. He's a great defender and does whatever it takes to win. He understands what he has to do as a role player and he does it. Definitelyappreciated. I hate Duke BTW

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Battier makes Kobe takes jumper all day. There's a reason why Kobe is not getting to the free-throw line when he plays against the Rockets.
actually it's the double and triple teams that force kobe to shoot jumpers. are you saying kobe can't get by Shane if they playone-on-one??
there are no shooters on the lakers who you can't afford to leave. Kobe has no room to operate because teams sag off of ariza, sasha, odom, fisher,walton, brown, farmar.........

that being said, I still appreciate Shane and his work ethic

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Battier makes Kobe takes jumper all day. There's a reason why Kobe is not getting to the free-throw line when he plays against the Rockets.
actually it's the double and triple teams that force kobe to shoot jumpers. are you saying kobe can't get by Shane if they play one-on-one??
there are no shooters on the lakers who you can't afford to leave. Kobe has no room to operate because teams sag off of ariza, sasha, odom, fisher, walton, brown, farmar.........

Correct, but I also think Kobe settles too much on the jumpers.

Battier is a true professional.. classy.. worked on becoming a GREAT defender.. All respect..

Kobe settles for jumpers because dude has played in a gazillion games already.. tons of mileage from someone who started so young.. plus all of those playoffgames too.. it all adds up.. Kobe can take it to the rim every now and then but it can no longer be his bread and butter..

actually it's the double and triple teams that force kobe to shoot jumpers. are you saying kobe can't get by Shane if they play one-on-one??
there are no shooters on the lakers who you can't afford to leave. Kobe has no room to operate because teams sag off of ariza, sasha, odom, fisher, walton, brown, farmar.........

you kobe fans are quick to jump to the "no one can hold kobe 1 on 1".... you and the rest of the team forgets that it's a team game

Originally Posted by Ryda421

d-riding because it took this performance for him to realize that battier is the "real deal" this has been clear since he was drafted by the grizz. it just seems like d-riding because he stated he disliked him because he was/is from DUKE. therefore being ignorant JUST because of a person's background/where he came from. ehh

-smile

one of the worst explanation to an already erroneous comment i have ever seen ... GO ON WITH THE CHLOROPHYLL!

Correct, but I also think Kobe settles too much on the jumpers.

the way they collapse on dude what else is he supposed to do

Boozer and Battier are my favorite Dook players
pimp.gif

Impossible to not respect that guy and the way he handles himself on and off the court.

Would take him on my team anyday.

Like OP, I hate Duke.

But you can't help but root for Battier.

Definitely the type of player I'd want on my team. No question.

He's doing as much as humanly possible to defend (as much as you can defend) KB...KB is hitting ridiculous shots with a hand in his grill more often thannot. If KBis going to beat you with a hand in his face and you in front of him at all times, well that's just a testament to KB's ability, period. Irespect Shane for going at him every time especially after KB has hit a few of those well defended shots.

His pack of information how to guard KB just breaks off the court in segments to see where you'd have a slight statistical edge over him..ie - places heisn't as comfortable shooting, etc. It's not like reading that he'll all of a sudden stop KB, just gotta make him earn his buckets the hard way.

For the most part I refuse to pull for anyone who went to Puke, but if he helps eliminate the Lakers, he is all good in my book.

I have a lot of respect for his perserverence and effort. If it was any other player in the NBA, they would've given up on Kobe a long time ago. Dudesticks to his plan every game and does his thing.

Any team in the NBA would love to have him.

Back
Top Bottom