I may be an alcoholic

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

Anton:

The only negative thing that I can think of was a break-up.

Persia:

I am on it. Thanks.

-Boredom: Find a hobby or something to keep you busy of fill whatever void is in your life. Gym, pick up an instrument etc
-Depression: Seek professional help...don't be proud or ashamed.
-Easier said that done, but drink less, pace yourself...or try to wean yourself off it again. You can still have fun drinking moderately without getting hammered and susceptible to making bad decisions.

The first 2 are probably my best advice/

I've been going through the same thing. I quit drinking at the beginning of last semester and kept it that way until last month.

Lost a good girl to it.
smh.gif

My advice: Avoid situations which you know will involve alcohol. I would always tell myself that I wouldn't drink when going to a party, and then that promise turned into not going over board, and the next thing I know I'd have other girls kissing on me and I'd be smashing without rubbers.

I've slowed down a lot, though. I guess seeing how alcohol changed me made me realize that I don't have to get wasted every time I drink.

I've been going through the same thing. I quit drinking at the beginning of last semester and kept it that way until last month.

Lost a good girl to it.
smh.gif

My advice: Avoid situations which you know will involve alcohol. I would always tell myself that I wouldn't drink when going to a party, and then that promise turned into not going over board, and the next thing I know I'd have other girls kissing on me and I'd be smashing without rubbers.

I've slowed down a lot, though. I guess seeing how alcohol changed me made me realize that I don't have to get wasted every time I drink.

Dude your not an alcoholic. Read up on an alcoholic, I think you're more in a stage of getting drunk so you can do reckless things that you would not normally do. If anything you should be more aware of your limits and try not to exceed them. This is coming from a recent graduate who drank daily and partied 5 days out of the week for 3+ years, at one point i considered myself a possible alcoholic but realized I was only enjoying my college experience. Since Ive graduated I'm lucky to have a drink once a week let alone even feel like drinking. If you do indeed feel your situation needs help then go to AA and seek help. Dont ask NT about this issue because this could be more serious then how to pick up a girl at a club or how to get an Asian girl, or relationship advice. Seek professional help or ask your friends how they feel about your behavior.

Dude your not an alcoholic. Read up on an alcoholic, I think you're more in a stage of getting drunk so you can do reckless things that you would not normally do. If anything you should be more aware of your limits and try not to exceed them. This is coming from a recent graduate who drank daily and partied 5 days out of the week for 3+ years, at one point i considered myself a possible alcoholic but realized I was only enjoying my college experience. Since Ive graduated I'm lucky to have a drink once a week let alone even feel like drinking. If you do indeed feel your situation needs help then go to AA and seek help. Dont ask NT about this issue because this could be more serious then how to pick up a girl at a club or how to get an Asian girl, or relationship advice. Seek professional help or ask your friends how they feel about your behavior.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

i came here to say the same thing. youre not even close to alcoholism. ive had friends that have had it really bad (still do). they drink throughout the day, drink as soon as they wake up in the morning, drank liquor through a waterbottle during classes. drinking alone. drink just so they wont have to be sober, not even to feel a buzz. those are the symptoms of alcoholism. not taking a shot too much and boning some chick raw. alcoholism is much, much worse than that. once you have tremors because its been 12 hours since your last drink, then go get professional help.

i came here to say the same thing. youre not even close to alcoholism. ive had friends that have had it really bad (still do). they drink throughout the day, drink as soon as they wake up in the morning, drank liquor through a waterbottle during classes. drinking alone. drink just so they wont have to be sober, not even to feel a buzz. those are the symptoms of alcoholism. not taking a shot too much and boning some chick raw. alcoholism is much, much worse than that. once you have tremors because its been 12 hours since your last drink, then go get professional help.

that's what I am sayin'

You ain't no damn alcoholic. You said you stopped drinking for 6 months, which means u can control your alcohol.. which means you're not an alcoholic. Just put down the drinks and light up some trees if you're that worried bro

that's what I am sayin'

You ain't no damn alcoholic. You said you stopped drinking for 6 months, which means u can control your alcohol.. which means you're not an alcoholic. Just put down the drinks and light up some trees if you're that worried bro

Don't get burnt man. Worst thing would be to wake up with some +%@@ you can't get rid of, especially from some sex you don't remember. (prolly w some nasty !$# +*%) 

Don't get burnt man. Worst thing would be to wake up with some +%@@ you can't get rid of, especially from some sex you don't remember. (prolly w some nasty !$# +*%) 

Originally Posted by Theta

^ this 
It sounds like OP just needs to tone it down on party nights? Maybe try to keep track of your drinks better. Mark on your hand, collect bottle caps in your pocket, etc

^ this 
It sounds like OP just needs to tone it down on party nights? Maybe try to keep track of your drinks better. Mark on your hand, collect bottle caps in your pocket, etc

Doesn't sound like alcoholism to me.

Are you drinking every day? Does it feel like you can't make it through a day without a drink?

If you just drink once or twice a week, and those two times you do drink you drink heavily, then it's not alcoholism. It's drinking.

Are you drinking every day? Does it feel like you can't make it through a day without a drink?

If you just drink once or twice a week, and those two times you do drink you drink heavily, then it's not alcoholism. It's drinking.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

return of BSB 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

return of BSB 
eek.gif

I couldn't disagree more.  There's no one defining point where one is/isn't an alcoholic. 

OP if you think you drink too much, yet you can't control yourself - that's alcoholism.  Go get some real help.

I couldn't disagree more.  There's no one defining point where one is/isn't an alcoholic. 

OP if you think you drink too much, yet you can't control yourself - that's alcoholism.  Go get some real help.

go to church and pray. do it everyday. and dont pray for your problems such as your alcoholism but pray and be thankful that you are able to go to church and pray.
then pray for your family and for yourself. then pray for others. be thankful for everything.
pray on how you are thankful that you can make it to church everyday to pray.
pray.pray.pray
helped my brother out. idk give it a try.

go to church and pray. do it everyday. and dont pray for your problems such as your alcoholism but pray and be thankful that you are able to go to church and pray.
then pray for your family and for yourself. then pray for others. be thankful for everything.
pray on how you are thankful that you can make it to church everyday to pray.
pray.pray.pray
helped my brother out. idk give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom