I might be out of health insurance for a year...smh

In order to keep insurance through my mom I need to have 12 units and right now I only have 10. Anyone ever forge a class schedule in order to maintain healthinsurance?

I'm in that same situation, I'm only taking 11 hrs right now. My job offers pretty good health insurance so I'll either get that or wait until nextsemester to get back on my dad's.

I haven't done this but if that situation came up I sure as hell would. If you don't, just get your sleep, drink your OJ and make sure to wrapit...you'll be alright.

i've never had health insurance
frown.gif

moms said something about open enrollment she said its only once a year so I may have to wait til next fall to get in again...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by duckdafraft

In order to keep insurance through my mom I need to have 12 units and right now I only have 10. Anyone ever forge a class schedule in order to maintain health insurance?
Yeah, I was in the same situation as you. I had to postpone my wisdoom teeth procedure because of this.

Luckily I got my own coverage through work now but its 80% (I had 100% coverage through my parents when I was a full-time student).

The thing is, I dont know that "forging" your schedule would work. They called me and sent me a letter saying they wanted a signed letter from theregistrars office saying that I was a fulltime student. Maybe you could go to a student counsellor and ask them to forge it for you.

I'm in the same situation. So scared that getting hurt is right around the corner.

Ive been without insurance for a whole year cuz I took a year off from school.
frown.gif
Just recently got insurance again
smile.gif

i cant remember the last time i took out an insurance card or gone to a DR........

im good.

i got benefits too

I wouldn't go falsifying insurance papers. If they find out, and they have people hired specifically to find cracks in insurance claims, they will not onlycut you off, but you other family members as well. Why not just take the extra 2 hrs you need to fulfill the requirement? Take something like Basketball,Volleyball or another elective. I can't imagine 10 hrs is too difficult of a load for you to carry or anything.

Take it from someone who knows, you need to keep that insurance as long as possible.

I was out of insurance for years when I graduated college. You'll be all right, you're now part of a group of millions uninsured and under-insuredamericans. Welcome!
laugh.gif
smh.gif

my work insurance won't kick in till december...not having that dental cleaning every 6 months FTL

#1 every company wants an original letter, including a combination of original singatures and seals/imprints from the educational institution. #2 do anythingwithin your legal limits to get insurance, im 22 and i was diagnosed with a serious disease without even having a history of it in my family. thank god ihavehealth insurance or else my & my family would be bankrupt right now. if u have a little extra money it wouldnt hurt to open up a life insurance policyfor urself. at our age its super cheap and its not until u think u might die that u actually think its a good idea, i.e. too late & they wont take u.

Don't try and cheat the system dude, getting charged with fraud would probably do you more damage than not having health insurance.

Either pick up another class or get on the schools health plan.

& if u do decide to cheat the system & they suspect u, first thing insurance companies do is google you. guess whats gonna come up. This thread righthere about u asking how/if u should commit insurance fraud.

Back
Top Bottom