I never knew that......

I had a friend of mine who just got back from there and said the same thing. He was told, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but boys are (that may be in the past tense now) more valued in Chinese society and that a family will stop having children once they have a boy. Sons carry on the ancestral line and are to provide for their parents when they get older. Now, with the advancement of modern technology in medicine couples are able to determine the sexes of babies and ensure they are male or some speculate abort if it is a female. Thus the reason why they have a shortage of women.

Also...you can't mention Caprices without mentioning Tum Tum.
From what I've read you're right. The one child rule came back to them in the butt. This mainly affects the poorer men and families in China. A lot Chinese families have aborted female fetuses and keep trying until they get a boy. Now the Chinese women can be very selective and hold out for a man with money and a better life than them.

Also, those links posted are interesting too. Looks like the Chinese men with some money or a job go to Africa and marry African women, leaving the African men out. And I think some African countries have Chinese currency, not really sure tho

A caprice was the top trim level on an impala until it became it's own separate offering. How's that wrong or ignorant as you put it?

because the label “poor mans” comes from how that particular culture views it, not how it was initially offered by the manufacturer.

the car culture, more specifically the MUSCLE car culture doesnt look at a Caprice (or Impala) as what you get when you cant afford X.

people who try and make this distinction with Caprices and Impalas dont know **** about Caprices and Impalas

because the label “poor mans” comes from how that particular culture views it, not how it was initially offered by the manufacturer.

the car culture, more specifically the MUSCLE car culture doesnt look at a Caprice (or Impala) as what you get when you cant afford X.

people who try and make this distinction with Caprices and Impalas dont know **** about Caprices and Impalas
Now that was ignorant. It was about the price of the car not about how a culture looks at it. I was born wearing a bow tie and know quite a bit about both models. You made it about something totally different than the cost of a vehicle.

Now that was ignorant. It was about the price of the car not about how a culture looks at it. I was born wearing a bow tie and know quite a bit about both models. You made it about something totally different than the cost of a vehicle.

you right
you right
you right

That u mobbing that 94 prece with the ss badge.. sit yo *** down

you’re reference is 1992-1996 of Caprices and Impalas when they existed 30 years before that

no one in muscle car culture is judging Caprice owners calling them “poor mans” . thats that tuner dweeb talk.

you two obviously dont know what the **** you’re talking about

Back
Top Bottom