I never knew that......

4x3tch08ur531.jpg

I cannot believe 41% of adults thought humans and dinosaurs coexisted. I refuse to believe that.

Jeanette Rankin became the first female member of the U.S. Congress in 1916—four years before women could vote.

Something often forgotten about Prohibition is that the government did not just try to dissuade drinking through fines and imprisonment, but by actually poisoning the industrial alcohol that was legal.

Sure, this stuff was nasty already and not meant for drinking. But when desperate drinkers made a habit of imbibing rubbing alcohol, officials began to “denature” it, adding iodine, chloroform, and even gasoline and kerosene to make it nauseating and even deadly. People still drank it, and an estimated 10,000 people were killed because of it.

https://bestlifeonline.com/crazy-history-facts/

Good ole ´Merica.

In the Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five song, "The Message", they reference a girl who got pushed in front a train:

They pushed that girl in front of the train
Took her to the doctor, sewed her arm on again

That incident actually happened.

On June 7, 1979 when a 17-year old flute player named Renee Katz was pushed onto the E train.

She lost her right hand, but doctors were able to re-attatch it back on her arm.

Unfortunately, she wasn't able to flute again.

Back
Top Bottom