I now know why people get addicted to pain killers/ Wisdom teeth advice...

I was taking a mix of vicodin, percocet, and ibuprofen 800 after I had my ACL reconstruction in November. I can definitely see how people can get addicted to them because they make you feel great. It was almost as if I didn't have a care in the world and I was super relaxed. However, I don't think I was ever really addicted because I didn't fiend for them or anything after I ran out.

One thing I can say is that the pain was worse after I got off of them. I think it's because they mess with the natural production of endorphines. As far as withdrawal goes I never got sick or anything, but I do remember being a lot more irritable.

How come so of you are saying Tramadol is so bad for you? I take them for my stomach, and it doesn't really do anything for me. It doesn't make me feel loopy or anything in the least bit. Hell, it hardly helps my stomach pain. I've never done anything else, so I can't compare.

Originally Posted by useref15

How come so of you are saying Tramadol is so bad for you? I take them for my stomach, and it doesn't really do anything for me. It doesn't make me feel loopy or anything in the least bit. Hell, it hardly helps my stomach pain. I've never done anything else, so I can't compare.

Probably differs from person to person. I've heard bad things, but only when abused.

Had my wisdom teeth pulled in October and I understand. The key is to stay ahead of the pain when it comes to your meds. I felt great the first two days after surgery but I got lax with taking the vocodin and tried tylenol instead. The third day I was in so much pain I thought I had dry socket but I didn't. I just underestimated how much of the pain meds were in my system before I stopped taking them

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

RESPECT FINESSE wrote:
How in the hell did this thread start out as a "I now know why people get addicted..." vent and turned into a Pain Pill Appreciation thread
laugh.gif
I don't care for your post...but I did stare at your avy for a good 2 minutes.
Name and source vid...
success_baby-copy.jpg

I DEMAND IT!!!

I'll shoot you info on a PM
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RESPECT FINESSE

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

RESPECT FINESSE wrote:
How in the hell did this thread start out as a "I now know why people get addicted..." vent and turned into a Pain Pill Appreciation thread
laugh.gif
I don't care for your post...but I did stare at your avy for a good 2 minutes.
Name and source vid...
success_baby-copy.jpg

I DEMAND IT!!!
I'll shoot you info on a PM
roll.gif

eek.gif
nerd.gif
 me too please 
eek.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Damn I was hoping I could use bud as an alternative since I don't really like pills when the time comes.
just get edibles bro. if you have access to weed you can make firecrackers in like 20min. 
they'll be better for pain too because it's more of a body high than smoking, you won't feel a damn thing

I now understand too, and this is coming from someone who doesn't have addictive personality.

I actually needed Percocet last night pretty wild pain.....(I called DR office today, will see how weekend goes and call first thing on Monday)

Started with 1 5mg..........I def needed more and 2nd dose hit the spot. Best sleep I had in a long *** time.

Today had it again when I went to the kitchen to eat, with my legs obviously hanging from my kitchen chairs for a while then my way back upstairs it threw my leg into chaos. Popped another Perc pain subside an had an awesome afternoon nap.

I def see how people like it now, but I'm taking this because I NEED, I have high pain tolerance and never like to take pain killers. Hopefully I don't need anymore today and the rest of weekend before I call back Monday.

/end

I didnt take any of the vikes given to me after my wisdom teeth extraction. Ended up using them recreationally a month later 
laugh.gif

for a minute I was taking sleeping pills everyday for 3 months straight, I don't even want to imagine being addicted to stronger stuff

Yea so I just got 2 of my wisdoms pulled out yesterday and my socket is still bleeding slightly...is this normal?

I also now understand why people get addicted to pain killers.  I was given some percocet and I've already taken 3.  I can already identify why people would want to keep taking these things.  My reality feels like a jelly donut being washed over by waves of warmness.  It's a very clean type of
pimp.gif
but there is where the trouble is....it will lull you into thinking that it's okay to keep taking these things.

I sympathize with those who had to deal with this kind of addiction.
Jelly donuts :smokin. That opiate high is nice if you control it. Was on it for my gout for 2 yrs straight. Arizona is med friendly with percs. Here in CA they don't give u **** but norco which does nada.
Haven't popped a pain killer in 5 months. No more constipation :lol:

for a minute I was taking sleeping pills everyday for 3 months straight, I don't even want to imagine being addicted to stronger stuff
I've been prescribed sleeping pills since I was 18 and I'm 21 now 
laugh.gif

I'm prescribed 3 sleeping pills per day (2 tabs of Zopiclone 7,5mg and 30mg of Mirtazapine) but I don't really notice any adverse effects.

I can take them pretty liberally unlike my opiate painkillers. I literally have to take my painkillers at the exact same time every day. Withdrawal kicks in within 20-30 minutes if I haven't taken them by my usual time. It's a sudden feeling of hot sweats/cold chills and electric shocks in my arms and head. Pretty terrible.

With the sleeping pills I can take them whenever I want, even skip a day.

Getting my wisdom teeth removed was my first percocet experience too OP. Sitting in bed watching a movie + a couple perc 30's was
nthat.gif

No idea how I'm not a full blown dope fiend because I have an extremely addictive personality.

Doctors are reckless when it comes to prescribing opiates.

Having a tonsillectomy in 2 weeks. Lowkey ashamed that I'm hoping the doc gives me some good drugs :pimp:

Remember that Vicodin had me walking on the moon when I got my wisdom teeth removed :lol:

Back
Top Bottom