I rock wit Troy Ave, but he kinda got killed by this Vice article

So he hated and got hated on?

Sounds about right for this generation. Not that it's wrong or right, but going after today's elite is a recipe for disaster. Not saying his diss of Kendrick was the beginning of his end, but it sure didn't help him either.

Dude made himself the bully and I guess people weren't buying it. You can throw chubby kids off stage all day, but it's not gonna earn you any stripes. What has dude done for the image he wants people to buy into? Even if prior rap "criminals" were more hyperbole than fact, regarding their reputations, people believed or wanted to believe them.

I believe shuck n jiving little Bobby Schmurda is harder than Troy Ave. And he made his **** look menacing without trying too hard.

So he hated and got hated on?

Sounds about right for this generation. Not that it's wrong or right, but going after today's elite is a recipe for disaster. Not saying his diss of Kendrick was the beginning of his end, but it sure didn't help him either.

Dude made himself the bully and I guess people weren't buying it. You can throw chubby kids off stage all day, but it's not gonna earn you any stripes. What has dude done for the image he wants people to buy into? Even if prior rap "criminals" were more hyperbole than fact, regarding their reputations, people believed or wanted to believe them.

I believe shuck n jiving little Bobby Schmurda is harder than Troy Ave. And he made his **** look menacing without trying too hard.

Dude compared people hating on him to slavery, but started out calling one of the best dudes in the game a "weirdo" rapper. :lol: certified clown all the way through.

That Pitchfork article is the absolute, 100% truth.
Troy Ave has always felt forced, plastic and inorganic to me.

Last edited:
HipHopDX ‏@HipHopDX
#DXSoundOff: Are you 1 of the 30 owners of Troy Ave's physical album? If so, hit us up! We want to talk to you!
I remember watching a video of his in the 9th grade, thinking he was trash. Nothing's really changed. Dude just brags on tracks, and the broke OG's out here co-sign his regressive garbage by saying that "he's getting money". 

Dude's a placeholder for Shmurda's degenerative music within Black Culture. 

The p4k article (like every other Troy Ave article) is written with too much bias. These "weirdo" writers clearly have an agenda and apparently only listen to a specific type of hip-hop.  

The constant comparisons to Joey Bad***** made zero sense.  A rapper whose idol was 50 cent and represents a time period of the Rocafella/g-unit/dipset era vs. a rapper who copies music from a generation where he never lived in.  The article was one big reach.

People don't know if they want to argue about the money Troy Ave made, the sales, his personality or any other topic they can think of to make themselves feel important and further isolate themselves in a genre of internet rap. 

bottomline is Troy's personality and music isn't made for the predominantly soft drug induced internet rap fans (that happen to be the majority of fans now)

Last edited:
He's a poor mans 50 Cent, plain and simple.  There's a number of rappers in this generation that you can tell where influenced by 50. Ferg and Schoolboy Q are two that come to mind.  Yet those guys have their own unique sound and presence.   Troy hasn't really found his own sound yet and hasn't been able to distance himself from the comparisons.  This is coming from someone who listens to him too. 

And I have no problem with his arrogance, he just doesn't do a good enough job of backing it up.  So a lot of the hate is his own doing. 

I'm his defense tho I respect his grind. Just don't like him or his music much. Its not too late for son tho he aint really on yet so he can change his image and music can always get better.

I heard it's only a certain percentage of his final sales.

But if this is true, NY took 10 steps backwards with this.
How so?

laugh.gif

You can't be a fusion of 2-3 different rappers and not even do a good job of it. Guerilla Black did a very good Biggie impression for a bit. Game and even Soulja Boy have done a good job of soul reaving. Troy Ave is the Austin Rivers of rap. A pre-accessoried create a player.

8k is still a gigantic flop :rofl:

No1s makin jokes anymore cuz dude already isnt relevant

Last edited:
The only feeling he restored is the embarrassment of NYC hip hop

Last hot NYC project was prodigy **** a year ago

8k is still a gigantic flop
roll.gif

so is 20k when your Dom Kennedy but I digress

Troy is sadly the most relevant hated rapper lol, I'm not even a big fan of his music.  i'm just tired of the hypocrisy of all the new internet music fans

8k is still a gigantic flop :rofl:

Troy is sadly the most relevant hated rapper lol, I'm not even a big fan of his music.  i'm just tired of the hypocrisy of all the new internet music fans

dom kennedy isnt relevant either almost nobody knows this dude outside of cali

8k is still a gigantic flop
roll.gif

dom kennedy isnt relevant either almost nobody knows this dude outside of cali
How old are you and what do you listen to besides Travis Scott and Kanye?

Dom is listened to heavily everywhere amongst the college crowd, he just didn't promo and come through like the fan favorite Yellow Album

I don't know what the official numbers are but I do know this album is actually independent. I hear that word thrown around all the time but its usually all BS. You can go to any store right now and Troy Ave CD won't be there because it is truly independent.

Back
Top Bottom