I rock wit Troy Ave, but he kinda got killed by this Vice article

Troy hypes himself up too much. Not that great but is good for what he is. Which is a NY only rapper. Which means thats where he is only going to pop.

I like some of Troy Ave's music, the New York City mixtape specifically.  I don't understand why people get so hung up on those savior claims

or why they care about what crown any artist chooses to bestow upon themselves as if it really matters.  Do you like the music or not?

This article and the writer seems to be coming from a place of scorn instead of an actual dislike of the material

I enjoy Troy's music but he's definitely not bringing anything new to the table. Just has that late 90s, early 2000s sound and that's why people enjoy it.

yep. And he carrys himself like he's on Bad Boy in 96 which is funny/entertaining as hell.

Article was unnecessary, but I'm not surprised hipsters/internet dudes don't like him. He's not eccentric like most popular rappers in the past few years and he doesn't really use beats outside of a certain sound.

If he was smart, he'd link up with Harry Fraud and get on those futuristic Dipset style beats French used to get on. That would convert a lot of people who think his sound is dated.

I wanna see him sign to MMG so Diddy can complete the Puff Daddy revival and just start talking mad **** again.​

You have to know who's writing the articles

DrewMillard.jpg

People writing opinion articles for clicks
mean.gif

So much is wrong with this article. Troy is irrelevant but you write an article about him? Why not write about J Live or Meyhem's project?

Praising Chinx and French who have been doing basically the same thing subject wise, but with a southern sound.

If this were the 90's he wouldn't have written this article, because there would be repercussions.....

Opportunistic and out of touch bozo.
mean.gif
Sounds like the wanna be editor/journalist.
EXACTLY Dude is corny FOH!

Should we really start to break down rappers?  If we did we could have a 2000 page article on lame rappers from the south from the last 10 years.

Nothing wrong with reppin at all.  At least he is stayin true to his roots.

Like I said dude is Lame as hell. He on levels with dude that got knocked out in that video buy Truckers in Arizona.

I bet this dumbass thinks about himself in his head in 3rd person POV.

I never understood the whole bringing New York back thing. That Era is GONE that's like trying to bring back the DISCO **** ain't happening. I could see if the evolved their style but these fools just tryna reenact days of the past. Cmon son the hell out ta here with that nonsense.

These fools giving NewYork straight L's

EXACTLY Dude is corny FOH!

Should we really start to break down rappers?  If we did we could have a 2000 page article on lame rappers from the south from the last 10 years.

Nothing wrong with reppin at all.  At least he is stayin true to his roots.

you sound like a lame NYC cat rocking Timbs and And 1 shorts in the summer. What Southern Rapper acts like this clown in interviews?

you sound like a lame NYC cat rocking Timbs and And 1 shorts in the summer. What Southern Rapper acts like this clown in interviews?

Khaled & ross act just like him, hes just not as accomplished so people take it a certain way, but early ross was just like him

Only NY Rappers that came out in the last 10 years that I respect are ASAP Rocky, The Underachievers and Flatbush Zombies...

No Not at all, we're mad because this is suppose to be "Journalism" and instead it sounds like a guy who's mad Troy ave has been calling the brand of rap he likes "weirdo" music so instead of focusing on Troy ave's music he focusing on what Troy ave is trying to represent.

I'm from NYC and i only like a few Troy ave records i'm on the fence about homie, i'm not quite a fan but he's also far from trash. This guy clearly has a vendetta against The kind of music Troy ave makes and his constant criticism of other artist style. This lame called him a bozo (Lord knows this dude would NEVER say that to his face), and seems to have a problem with the idea of a new NYC street rapper striking big mainstream.

The real issue at hand is that this article has all kinds of personal bias and the irony is that this is a website that will push Chief Keef or a young thug & praise them for being "original" & that isn't the case for them either. If this was a personal blog so be it, that's how you feel but you can't write for a "respected" publication and then throw darts from a stray. Not to mention that he also is downplaying all of Troy Ave's grind and hard work to get to a spot as if NYC DJ's and radio is just begging to throw up a new superstar. As if everyone had a roundtable discussion and said we want Troy Ave to be next, when that CLEARLY isn't the case and like his music or not he has grinded for years to reach the minor pedestal he's on.

So in an article some fragile blogger called this man out of his name & demeaned the hard work of him, his management, & all involved in his movement.... so in essence when one of those goons run up and mush him he deserves every piece of it. **** rap, **** the internet, as a man you are held accountable for what comes out of your mouth and he just personally insulted someone because he could hide behind a computer screen.

:rofl: :rofl: This is the same website that praises Webby for acting like he's illiterate during all his interviews & also bumps Gucci Everyday are u ******* kidding me? Why do ya'll have such a animosity towards NYC man... let the hurt go

Khaled & ross act just like him, hes just not as accomplished so people take it a certain way, but early ross was just like him

BS they were both about unity, this fool Troy is About What troy ave can do to make every newyork rapper look like their riding his coat tail to the top.

DJ Kaled said "We the best" not he the best. Show love and respect. Troy don't know what that means. How you gonna call someone weird because he don't look or act like you?

I have to agree with the author, Troy Ave's whole movement feels forced & inorganic. The problem is no one wants the truth coming from that dude. Right message, wrong messanger.

I have to agree with the author, Troy Ave's whole movement feels forced & inorganic. The problem is no one wants the truth coming from that dude. Right message, wrong messanger.
Basically

He not all the way trash though

My fave from him

used to keep this on repeat

Last edited:
Like I said dude is Lame as hell. He on levels with dude that got knocked out in that video buy Truckers in Arizona.

I bet this dumbass thinks about himself in his head in 3rd person POV.

I never understood the whole bringing New York back thing. That Era is GONE that's like trying to bring back the DISCO **** ain't happening. I could see if the evolved their style but these fools just tryna reenact days of the past. Cmon son the hell out ta here with that nonsense.

These fools giving NewYork straight L's
NY AIN'T AN ERA SINCE THEY EVENTED HIP HOP

FALL ALL THE WAY THE **** BACK!!!

Was that a serious question?

:lol:[/quote

A Very serious one.

This dude LobCity gotta be at home watching WildStyle or something with tears rolling down his cheek looking like Bernie Mack in Above the Rim on some "Remember when we was kings mane" steeze

Lobcity , you the one sounding hurt bruh
Not really, My OG post said that if you want to start to really breakdown bars/skill/talent etc.. The south would look BAD.  And that nothing wrong with what Troy is doing. He just reppin NY, I never knew people had a problem with that.

How is it Forced and inorganic.. Troy ave has literally been grinding for atleast 5 years, slowly making connects, doing features, crafting his sound & is just now getting recognized for it. The city as of right now does very little to support it's new artist straight out the gate, so for him to be making it into rotation and to be getting more and more solid features and placements he's worked for it all.

Regardless if i like him or not he does have a solid fan base and he deserves his spot on everything he's gained so far. I don't think anything about him or his music is inorganic as you say he's simply a NYC cat who isn't willing to change his sound to what's hot in order to eat & by doing that he's created a buzz for himself.

Was that a serious question?

laugh.gif
[/quote

A Very serious one.

This dude LobCity gotta be at home watching WildStyle or something with tears rolling down his cheek looking like Bernie Mack in Above the Rim on some "Remember when we was kings mane" steeze
Naw I'm bumpin Dat K-Dot, Dat Slaughterhouse, Dat Soul tape Series, Dat Chiraq to La, Dat Fat Joe Darkside Mixtape Series, Dat First Kane and Abel cd, Dat Dirty Weaponry

dat **** you don't know nothing about.

Ross was already established in the industry and ghost writing for ya favorite rapper...and Khalid? He don't even rap

Back
Top Bottom