I spend a lot of my money on sneakers when I really should.......

I spend a lot of my money on sneakers when I really should be using the money to pay back my student loans, save up for a new car(I drive a humpty), using the money to pay rent, and just saving, in general, for a rainy day. But, I have an easy job that pays well for me to manage my lifestyle.

anyone out there jobless and spending a grip on shoes?

I gave up buying kicks about 2 years ago. I'm going to be finishing up grad school real soon and I'm trying to think ahead.
Don't wanna be caught out of school with no $$ and crazy loans to pay off. So for now, I'm refusing to even look for kicks so I don't get tempted.

smh.gif

I hope you're not serious

Sneakers are mighty lame now days. They are just a bad investment now a days. A year or 2 ago at least your shoe will retain value so its a worth while investment.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
this dude buyin kicks instead of payin off ?

i hope you dont lose your job and dont find yourself in debt....

I slowed down buying kicks.  I feel better knowing I have money in my bank account.

Originally Posted by air max 87

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
this dude buyin kicks instead of payin off ?

i hope you dont lose your job and dont find yourself in debt....

Again, I manage my spending. It's just that I feel as though I spend too much and for me, by saying spending much I mean 200 per month. Everyone has their insight on what is "too much". I slowed down a bit. I used to spend about 300 a month(not on one shoe, of course) last year. Now that I got a raise and becoming older I have gotten wiser. I'm not in debt, so I am good.

I'm a manager at a pool ans fitness club. I'm getting paid 45K/year. Going to go back to school for nursing so I can make more money and paid off the rest of my loans. I only have about 13 grands in loans. I'm 23 BTW, if that matters.

Originally Posted by PassMeTheSoySauce

I spend a lot of my money on sneakers when I really should be using the money to pay back my student loans, save up for a new car(I drive a humpty), using the money to pay rent, and just saving, in general, for a rainy day. But, I have an easy job that pays well for me to manage my lifestyle.

a6115a48beeedaaca12dfe4fd9e8ea4881fa6a8.gif

How are you not in debt but have 13 grand in loans?

And the biggest lesson I've learned about mismanaging money is that an instance--not necessarily emergency--may come up where you may really need that money, be it to take advantage of a great deal (not on shoes) or just advance in life and you totally miss your opportunity because your money is depreciating away in the closet.

Spend wisely.

I used to buy kicks to buy kicks but after I graduated and got responsibilities, that changed. I probably cop kicks once every few months now.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

And the biggest lesson I've learned about mismanaging money is that an instance--not necessarily emergency--may come up where you may really need that money, be it to take advantage of a great deal (not on shoes) or just advance in life and you totally miss your opportunity because your money is depreciating away in the closet.

Spend wisely.
laugh.gif

I thought the same thing.

Learn to save your money. There's nothing wrong buying an occasional sneaker or two, but learn to prioritize.

Rent, saving, repaying loans >>>>> sneakers. 

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Spend wisely.
laugh.gif

I thought the same thing.

Learn to save your money. There's nothing wrong buying an occasional sneaker or two, but learn to prioritize.

Rent, saving, repaying loans >>>>> sneakers. 
^^^^This, i buy occasional but i can't splurge like i used to. There is a point were you have to say no, especially in this economy.

Originally Posted by jretro23

!+!$ student loans get dem kickz

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!. i'm kidding

Thanks for the advices/criticism everyone. I do need to get my act together before I hit 30 and realize I do not have a penny in my savings account.
eyes.gif

8128184_l%20resized.jpg

Yeah thats not a good look at all. That is a sign of "This person cannot have anything because he's not responsible at all". I would like to have my clothes, my kicks and hobbies but first things first all my bills have to be paid then SAVe and then go have fun those are the fundamentals what you are talking about is Ghetto.

13 thousand in debt and spending money on sneakers, yeah that's being irresponsible and also a turn off.

And it doesn't matter how old you are or what job you have, you should want to get out of any kind of debt as quick as you can.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

8128184_l%20resized.jpg
roll.gif

damn i feel u bro..I could be buying shoes but i spend most my money on weed (i pay my bills tho).

is it bad that my house is not 100% payed off and I still buy kicks and clothes????? Using other peoples money is not a bad thing.....just dont get kicked out of your house for not paying bills yet you are buying 40 pairs of space jams...

Back
Top Bottom