I think i just got jacked on ebay

He has a completed auction for a pair of CDP XI/XII at $475. This doesn't guarantee anything but it looks like a legit transaction in the past. My guessis, he used stolen pictures and the auction didn't quite reach what he expected. Instead of selling you the shoes, he's offering a refund. Just ahunch.

I agree with Architect. The auction was probably for cheaper than he wanted so he'll re-list them in a month or two. Maybe a day or two haha.

Next time give sellers more time. Dude might have kids and a family. Maybe he didn't have the time to check his emails over the weekend and Sunday night isthe only time he could reply to you. I'm guessing we'll see these re-listed.

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

I agree with Architect. The auction was probably for cheaper than he wanted so he'll re-list them in a month or two. Maybe a day or two haha.

Next time give sellers more time. Dude might have kids and a family. Maybe he didn't have the time to check his emails over the weekend and Sunday night is the only time he could reply to you. I'm guessing we'll see these re-listed.
yeah, sounds like the seller wants to get more for them.....

ull get ur money back u paid with paypal.hes stupid cause he only accepts paypal if hes trying to jack u.

One thing u have to do is calm down. I doubt he scammed you. Its only sunday man lmao, the post office opens back up tomorrow. if i were the seller id senbdyou your money back for flippin out for no reason....jk

always give someone the benefit of the doubt. whenever i win something on ebay, i ask for an invoice of my purchase to be sent to me before i pay. unless theseller specifies in the description about contacting them or paying them right away, just wait until the invoice is recieved. but yeah, the seller probablydidn't get what they wanted for the shoes, thus the refund. sometimes it helps if you ask questions to the seller about the shoes. if they don't getback to you to answer the questions, i usually stay away. don't want too much of a hassle just for a pair of shoes.

I got my refund about 30 minutes ago, i posted about it up there. The guy didnt make any sense when he finally sent me a message. It took paypal to getinvolved for him to wake up.

whatever, i got my money back, and im leaving the punk negative feedback.

better safe then sorry imo, i know if i saw the 2nd auction with the same pics i would really think something shadys going on though.

imo though when it comes to selling and buying shoes online, its a hassle on both sides mainly because theres so many lame clowns with unrealstic expectationsand no people skills on both the selling and buying side of things.

its a joke when you go on ebay and see resellers and alot of shoe sellers in general trying to sell shoes for rip off prices and have something in theirauction like this, "PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OR AUCTIONS END, IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED ITEM WILL BE RELISTED AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL BELEFT" thats a joke to me because in ebays rules you have 7 days to pay.

also you have the sellers who get mad when they don't get what they want for their stuff and either A cancel the auction or B refund payment or give somedumb excuse as to why they can't sell the stuff.

on the buying side of things you got so many buyers with unrealstic expectations, people who want to get something for nothing, people who take forever to pay,then expect you to drop everything you do just to ship to them, the paypal claim trigger happy people, people who win an auction then ask questions and try tonegotiate prices after winning the auction.

ive sold and bought other items on ebay before but it seems like i always have the worst expierences when it comes to selling shoes, i don't know if itsthe maturity factor, where it seems to be alot of teenagers and immature people in general who sell and buy shoes online tend to have whiny attitudes and asense of entitlement.

Hey some legit sellers never reply, just ship. So if your lucky you'll get some legits.

why will u buy a 200$+ jordan on ebay without making sure they are tagged and real...
u needa rethink how u buy ur kicks bro.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

better safe then sorry imo, i know if i saw the 2nd auction with the same pics i would really think something shadys going on though.

imo though when it comes to selling and buying shoes online, its a hassle on both sides mainly because theres so many lame clowns with unrealstic expectations and no people skills on both the selling and buying side of things.

its a joke when you go on ebay and see resellers and alot of shoe sellers in general trying to sell shoes for rip off prices and have something in their auction like this, "PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OR AUCTIONS END, IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED ITEM WILL BE RELISTED AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL BE LEFT" thats a joke to me because in ebays rules you have 7 days to pay.

also you have the sellers who get mad when they don't get what they want for their stuff and either A cancel the auction or B refund payment or give some dumb excuse as to why they can't sell the stuff.

on the buying side of things you got so many buyers with unrealstic expectations, people who want to get something for nothing, people who take forever to pay, then expect you to drop everything you do just to ship to them, the paypal claim trigger happy people, people who win an auction then ask questions and try to negotiate prices after winning the auction.

ive sold and bought other items on ebay before but it seems like i always have the worst expierences when it comes to selling shoes, i don't know if its the maturity factor, where it seems to be alot of teenagers and immature people in general who sell and buy shoes online tend to have whiny attitudes and a sense of entitlement.
I agree 100%. I dont fit into that category whatsoever though. I dont sell, i buy. And i dont haggle. You can ask any of the 30+ people i'vedealt with here on NT. You have an asking price, if its what i want to pay, i buy.

I do however expect them to be shipped promptly though. doesnt need to be next day, but dont take a week to do it. You gave you the money, now give me mystuff. I dont expect people to stop there life so they can deal with me, i only expect to be acknowledged.

As far as this went, i wasnt too mad about getting a reply to my message, i figured its the weekend. But thank the lord i saw that completed auction.

That stuff isnt cool with me. Its very shady.

Like i said, i got too comfortable with ebay. I got some nice deals on there recently, and thought this would be the same.

This is a first and last mistake.

you can't expect him to send shoes so fast.. and you should not have opened up a paypal/ebay dispute. Because if he is legit, and say needs money, youcould cause a freeze on his account. Maybe he didn't have a camera, and just copy and saved someone else's pics. I hope you get them, but you have togo about it a different way. The time to ask questions is before you bid.... he did have 100% with 53 transactions... so good luck

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

imo though when it comes to selling and buying shoes online, its a hassle on both sides mainly because theres so many lame clowns with unrealstic expectations and no people skills on both the selling and buying side of things.

its a joke when you go on ebay and see resellers and alot of shoe sellers in general trying to sell shoes for rip off prices and have something in their auction like this, "PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OR AUCTIONS END, IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED ITEM WILL BE RELISTED AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL BE LEFT" thats a joke to me because in ebays rules you have 7 days to pay.

also you have the sellers who get mad when they don't get what they want for their stuff and either A cancel the auction or B refund payment or give some dumb excuse as to why they can't sell the stuff.

on the buying side of things you got so many buyers with unrealstic expectations, people who want to get something for nothing, people who take forever to pay, then expect you to drop everything you do just to ship to them, the paypal claim trigger happy people, people who win an auction then ask questions and try to negotiate prices after winning the auction.

ive sold and bought other items on ebay before but it seems like i always have the worst expierences when it comes to selling shoes, i don't know if its the maturity factor, where it seems to be alot of teenagers and immature people in general who sell and buy shoes online tend to have whiny attitudes and a sense of entitlement.
I agree 100%. I dont fit into that category whatsoever though. I dont sell, i buy. And i dont haggle. You can ask any of the 30+ people i've dealt with here on NT. You have an asking price, if its what i want to pay, i buy.

I do however expect them to be shipped promptly though. doesnt need to be next day, but dont take a week to do it. You gave you the money, now give me my stuff. I dont expect people to stop there life so they can deal with me, i only expect to be acknowledged.

As far as this went, i wasnt too mad about getting a reply to my message, i figured its the weekend. But thank the lord i saw that completed auction.

That stuff isnt cool with me. Its very shady.

Like i said, i got too comfortable with ebay. I got some nice deals on there recently, and thought this would be the same.

This is a first and last mistake.

i wasn't referring to you in the bad buyer part, its hit or miss with ebay, theres deals to be had but at the same time theres so many fradulentpicture stealing bastids that make it a hassle.

Here was the red flag:

"ONE ONLY WORN ONE TIME LOOK NEW" Plus with all the other spelling errors you should have known. Plus the pics dude took were different size's.It all adds up to a L.

sometimes you can't go by feedback. I got scammed on ebay with some fake purple pigeon's a few years back. Plus the ending bid is way low for a DS pairof carmines. I also check for tagged pics, this way you know that the kicks are in the sellers possession. But You never know. i would just wait. Make sure ifyou do get them to check them and make sure that they are legit and if they are, good stuff. You got a good deal on them. but the way things look. I think yougot scammed

sometimes you can't go by feedback. I got scammed on ebay with some fake purple pigeon's a few years back. Plus the ending bid is way low for a DS pairof carmines. I also check for tagged pics, this way you know that the kicks are in the sellers possession. But You never know. i would just wait. Make sure ifyou do get them to check them and make sure that they are legit and if they are, good stuff. You got a good deal on them. but the way things look. I think yougot scammed

Back
Top Bottom