I think the FedEx man jacked one of my X-mas gifts *UPDATE p.2*

My mom ordered me a pair of the AJ XXIII Chicago CW off of Flight Club as a gift for x-mas. She called me today and said, "We might have a problem withyour shoes." She went on to tell me the following:

This morning (Thursday), she tracked the package using the FedEx code that she received in a prior e-mail and that she had been using to track the shipment.The status said it was delivered at 9:10 p.m. Wednesday and left on the front porch. She jumped up and went to get it because it was raining outside. No box onthe porch. She had gone to bed the night previous pretty early, but my step-dad was awake at 9:10 and there was no knock on the door. He is an infantry soldierand gun owner who is VERY aware of his surroundings at all times (and is always armed and ready to protect his home and loved ones) and would have noticed adelivery truck pull up in front of his house and certainly would have seen the guy walking up to the door.

My mom is an internet shopping junkie and orders stuff from QVC, NFL shop, all the big shoe stores (FNL, FL, FA, etc...), and countless other sites on aregular basis. As such, the FedEx guy makes deliveries all the time to her place. EVERY TIME, her Rottweiler and hound dog go CRAZY when the delivery truckpulls up outside. Last night, nothing.

She called both Nike and FedEx today to report the issue. Nike is looking into things from their end and FedEx said they will begin by contacting the driver toverify the delivery took place at the right address and then move forward with their investigation into the problem. I think the delivery guy snagged them. Mymom's living room windows face the street and her dogs go crazy when people walk down the street, let alone coming up the driveway and up onto the porch.They are inside dogs and can see right out the double window into the street, driveway, and yard. There is no way that guy left them on the porch without thedogs or my step-dad hearing or seeing a delivery truck pull up to the curb and a guy walk up to the house.

My wife had a similar incident when the Colts won the Super Bowl. She ordered a bunch of stuff from the NFL store and it ended up never getting to our housefrom the delivery company. I have a feeling this situation is going to end the way hers did: Money refunded, but the now-sold-out items unable to be provided.I better not see a pair of size 12s come up on eBay from her town or one near it...

Originally Posted by therenegade23

That sucks. It could be him, or he left it at the front and someone took it.

That can't be, because his dad is like a watch dog, didyou not read?

That sux. They stole my Cuz's phone he had ordered from att.com about a month or two ago. He called and they sent another one but it had to be signed atthe door.

I heard from some people that robbers are following the delivery trucks and wait after the delivery man leaves the boxes in the front are and go and take them.

Originally Posted by knightngale

I heard from some people that robbers are following the delivery trucks and wait after the delivery man leaves the boxes in the front are and go and take them.
yea this happens around my area alot

i had this exact problem earlier today. we were driving down the road when a white c-rv whipped U and followed us at a distance and started slowing don atevery house i left a package at. we just took off and finished off that street at the end of the day. BTW i work for ups, and this was in one of the nicest,richest neighborhoods in Long Beach Ca. it can happen anywhere

Wait, why would you contact Nike if they were purchased from Flight Club?
nerd.gif

fedex dude is wearing some xx3's right now or trying to sell them. a former coworker of mine works for ups and dude stays selling ps3's, xbox 360'siphones, wii's etc. how he hasnt gotten caught beats me. too bad for him, hes a simp and spends all his side money at strip clubs buying them !*+%# lunchand paying for their time.

Maybe he handed it over to the postman. Happens here a lot, and if there is tracking is says delivered, but doesn't arrive until the next day. The lazy $+%just drops off his packages at the post office and the mailman delivers them the next day.

Originally Posted by i love nikes

That sucks. It could be him, or he left it at the front and someone took it.

That can't be, because his dad is like a watch dog, did you not read?

Yeah, step-dad and the guard dogs would have heard and seen the delivery guy coming.

Originally Posted by Ortega03

Insurance?
Nike doesn't even offer that. Plus he got refunded.

She hasn't been refunded, I'm just afraid that is what is going to happen because there are no size 12s left on Flight Club (Jordan site, notwww.vintagekicks.com).

Like I said the the original post and above, step-dad and the guard dogs would have seen and heard the delivery guy coming. I don't think he ever put themon the porch.

Originally Posted by alljayevryjay

Wait, why would you contact Nike if they were purchased from Flight Club?
nerd.gif

She ordered from the Jordan Flight Club website (Nike owned), not www.vintagekicks.com

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Maybe he handed it over to the postman. Happens here a lot, and if there is tracking is says delivered, but doesn't arrive until the next day. The lazy $+% just drops off his packages at the post office and the mailman delivers them the next day.

Maybe I'll get lucky and that is the case. I sure hope so.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Thank goodness most of the stuff I order requires signature.

Rest assured we will be using that option from now on. I did not look for that option when they were ordered, but there is probably a box to check somewhere onthe order page. I will be looking for it on all future orders.

Wish me luck! However, I have a feeling there will be no Chi XXIII under the tree for me.
ohwell.gif

Good luck with this and hope you get your shoes or money back at least. I always wonder whenever I see the Fed-Ex dude that delivers @ my job has brand newsneakers every week or so.. I know they have to come up on stuff.

However, I have a feeling there will be no Chi XXIII under the tree for me.
I mean yeah this kinda sucks, but as long as your mom gets the money back, is it really that serious? For one I'm sure you've got plentyof white/black/red shoes in your closet, that you could wear instead of these. Plus this is figuring to be a really bad christmas season for a lot ofamericans, I'd just be thankful that you're getting anything. If this is the biggest issue going on in your life right now, you've got a prettyamazing life.

Back
Top Bottom