I USED to SPEND $10,000 on Shoes, Now I travel the world INSTEAD

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Jubril, bro.. I'll be in Paris for this Rick Ross show on March 31st if you down to meet up.. Also doing Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna, Prague for 2 weeks in April.
There's has never been a truer, I don't see how dudes pick canvas, pleather, marked up materials over experiences. I just figure, they don't know, someone needs to get the message out to them.

Dumbest post in a while you ever thought its because we like these things why do you post on nt instead of reddit or a travel forum.You and op arent saying nothing particularly new .

JuBril,

If I want to go to Thailand within the next 4 months, where should I start? Looking for AirFare, Hotels, etc. How can I make this adventure as cheap as possible? "Please respond"

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

traveling is fun 
but i still like sneakers 
Says the MAN who still needs a ride
laugh.gif

Op thats really dope. thanks for sharing.

Traveling is fun, dont do it as much as i should...definitely wanna do it overseas more...you ever get worried about some of the situations you get in to and areas?

I traveled to Italy once and the homie (he's a Nter, cant shout you out all the time dom) kept callin me scary...had fun but was always feelin out of my element and cautious about things instead of living it up. did you ever feel like that in a foreign country?

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Jubril, bro.. I'll be in Paris for this Rick Ross show on March 31st if you down to meet up.. Also doing Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna, Prague for 2 weeks in April.
There's has never been a truer, I don't see how dudes pick canvas, pleather, marked up materials over experiences. I just figure, they don't know, someone needs to get the message out to them.

Dumbest post in a while you ever thought its because we like these things why do you post on nt instead of reddit or a travel forum.You and op arent saying nothing particularly new .
How is his post dumb? I mean, more power to you if you're willing to spend $180+ a pop... but you're going to look back and wonder how come u didn't save or spend your money on more resourceful things.  Are shoes going to get u more women? No.  Are they going to bring invaluable memories? No.  What experiences can u gain from buying mass amount of sneakers? Nothing.  Can u invest in them? Yeah, u won't gain a lot if u resell, even then it's not worth all the time/energy.  You're just fattening someone else's pockets, someone who could give two $+!!$ about you.  Especially on NT, u see people with "fresh gear" fronting like they're loaded, it's not gonna get u more women... u will probably generate some attention from the same sex checking out your shoes, tho
roll.gif
.  If u're 21, still collecting and have never traveled outside of North America, I feel *$@$!# sorry for your life.

laugh.gif
 You serious? This is NT general, wise guy. Although, OP's post clearly looks more like an Ad ploy, the message in the video is legit. 

I type this having a 100 some odd kicks in storage right now in the U.S., It's all about prioritize tho, I put traveling at the top of mine a long time ago, obviously this being a sneaker community I can see how kicks/fashion are at the top of a lot of peoples list. My main focus is the enlightenment of my brothers. There's a world to see out there.

laugh.gif
 You serious? This is NT general, wise guy. Although, OP's post clearly looks more like an Ad ploy, the message in the video is legit. 

I type this having a 100 some odd kicks in storage right now in the U.S., It's all about prioritize tho, I put traveling at the top of mine a long time ago, obviously this being a sneaker community I can see how kicks/fashion are at the top of a lot of peoples list. My main focus is the enlightenment of my brothers. There's a world to see out there.

People like what they like i can understand traveling .Also I don't see how your enlightening us your in nt gd every and anything gets discussed we know there is a world out there .Your post is condescending.What are you telling me new that you can travel if you save money that's old news son.Unless you are telling me how to travel best destinations at specific price points you aren't enlightening me at all.

laugh.gif

People like what they like i can understand traveling .Also I don't see how your enlightening us your in nt gd every and anything gets discussed we know there is a world out there .Your post is condescending.What are you telling me new that you can travel if you save money that's old news son.Unless you are telling me how to travel best destinations at specific price points you aren't enlightening me at all.
damn this guy is full of hate 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by socluis90

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
dude mad because the closest he probably traveled to is his local city's downtown... with a full closet & collection of Jordans that outmatches a woman's collection of heels/stilettos.  irony is that u have people on here talking about being alpha....

props, respect

traveling outside the us is a wonderful thing. it just makes you feel alive outside the daily lemming routines we live

at the end of the day material things dont mean #*%%, memories are taken to the grave

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by socluis90

laugh.gif
dude mad because the closest he probably traveled to is his local city's downtown... with a full closet & collection of Jordans that outmatches a woman's collection of heels/stilettos.  irony is that u have people on here talking about being alpha....

I'm actually completely different from what you just said ,I sure don't have a closet full of jays,and the furthest I've traveled is Canada so yeah what's your point

laugh.gif

you need to get laid
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

laugh.gif

you need to get laid
tired.gif

You spend more time on here than I do though.

laugh.gif

People like what they like i can understand traveling and what not but they way you worded was condescending
So much hate, he edited his original post.
laugh.gif

Yes, people like what they like of course. With the hoarding of kicks or anything else for the matter, there is a void being filled. I know so many people with sneaker collections out the butt, but they still think I'm rich because I travel. I always get the "Man, I wish I could travel, but it's too expensive, you must be rich!" I look down, and they have one spacejams, concords, sb's what have you. Little do they know, the $160+ they peeled for them is half of a RT flight to multiple islands in the Caribbean.
I said enlightenment for my brothers, but I'll kick knowledge to anyone. Dudes out here getting shot, standing in lines for 4 days for some Concords. MJ smiling right to the bank, Lebron, Phil Knight, Kobe all them cats laughing.. But, I'll leave my personal views about kicks, the evils of mass consumerism in American society aside. It goes hand in hand tho.

I feel for anyone that put material things before experiences. As a black American male, that wore payless shoes until I was 14, begged my moms for $150 one xmas to get some aj XIVs out of eastbay, I was humbled by my own past. 

I believe other the the typical shh, birth, marriage, etc.. the greatest experiences in life come from, immersing ones self in different cultures, languages, stepping outside of your comfort zone, and not putting your self in a box. Would Langston Hughes have been as great of a poet if he only chilled on the stoop in Harlem? Would Malcom X have been as enlightened, if he never stepped foot in Mecca?

I know traveling ain't for everyone, a lot of people have no desire or even an innate fear of the unknown. Travel smart, travel conscious. 

Thorrocks- where do you want to go? Where have you been? I know plenty of sites, cheap accommodations, what kind of experience are you looking for? Any certain ethnicity of women tickle your fancy? You like urban backdrops, jungles, Sahara, Taj Mahal, beaches, Machu Picchu, Italian cuisine? Just let me know kid.

When I do get back to the states, I'll be looking for funding for my non profit, college/highschool tours, and hopefully a book. Along with a traveling/consulting agency and all that other jazz.

Good post. You truly got a bang for your buck in Southeast Asia. Looks nice out there. You may have out this on my radar

I don't think there is a void being filled by buying shoes some of us Just genuinely like sneakers its not us making up for shortcomings or anything.Id travel to Holland,Brazil,Tokyo,Egypt,Thailand etc.I don't plan on living in America for ever .Dont really care for %+#%$! abroad I'd travel mostly for learning and picking up stuff .Dont care for most fancy cuisine or foreign food Except the occasional Japanese snack I grab.I just want to travel the world and train grappling and cop kicks at this point.

I kind of dont understand why some of you come on a shoe forum and bash someone for liking shoes
Even if this is general, its still general of a shoe forum

*shrugs*

I don't think there is a void being filled by buying shoes some of us Just genuinely like sneakers its not us making up for shortcomings or anything.Id travel to Holland,Brazil,Tokyo,Egypt,Thailand etc.I don't plan on living in America for ever .Dont really care for %+#%$! abroad I'd travel mostly for learning and picking up stuff .Dont care for most fancy cuisine or foreign food Except the occasional Japanese snack I grab.I just want to travel the world and train grappling and cop kicks at this point.

What's holding you back kids, girlfriend, money, pets? If you have no obligations at home, what's stopping you from going where you always wanted to go? You can catch a cheap flight out of MIA to Rio/Sao Paulo for the low. Fly into London or Paris and take a train to Holland/Netherlands for cheap, stay in hostels meet other travelers, or if you don't like the idea of shared bathrooms and bunkbeds you can go the cheap route for a hotel or cop a 3-5 star joint discounted at Jetsetter.com/priceline.com. From there, Air Egypt has a lot of cheap flights from all around Europe. Cheap as in $300 RT from Madrid, Barcelona, London. 
Thailand, Southeast Asia etc.. is another beast, your plane ticket WILL be the most expensive purchase during the trip, unless you just like expensive things, there's plenty of that out there for you. Flights can be had for cheap if you're a student or a teacher, if you have credit cards, transfer your points into airline miles instead of cash. Sites like Kayak.com, studentuniverse.com, statravel.com, easyjet, ryanair.. taca airlines, avianca airlines fly from MIA to a lot of South American locals and central Am.

I

@LifeisMoreThan Yes I write things of as business expensive since I work while I travel. I run small online marketing company, I run advertising campaigns for different businesses.

@DCAllAmerican I would use expedia etc, to find best rates normally its cheapest to book on monday-thurday. Either way in advance or last minute. I am not sure of your age but hostels & guest houses are really cheap. Me I am not budget traveler, so I am not best to ask. I do southeast asia in general is great place for budget. I know people who do whole month on like $800 for food, accomdations,and getting around town and stuff. You don't need to spend a lot money to have good time. I would google budget travel thailand. If you questions about things to do I can tell you that. Whats different about different areas etc.

@jthagreat your welcome, Nah I been traveling now over 2 years straight not much phases me. Italy tho I heard that place can be quite racist most racist place in all of western europe. Only things I ever inquire about is like if I am going make to trip to like russia and high rate of race crimes, I will ask what procedure is so I am safe. Last thing I wanna do is go out night alone and got bunch of neo nazis coming at my head cuz I am taking all the women. Overall man I never really had problem anywhere, as long you repsectful and have open should be fine. Yes Sometimes %%$ does happen cuz people racist and not used black people but I feel like I am ambassdor for black people when they are not familar. I just wish we had more people going. People really do think like all black people are like on tv, cuz that's only examples they have.

Apologize in advance for missed words, grammar etc I just type as fast I can so hit everyone back. I didnt expect such a big response.

@Chicagos Finest 23   Yea man Amen to that.    

@bauercans  lol  yea tim is the homie...,   

I see some repeated questions and stuff, I answered them on previous pages why I am not replying to some.  

Props for being a self aware brother and consciously attempting to broaden your horizon, while sharing the experience.

I subscribed to you page.

Traveling is something that I have a passion for but I have been letting other things get in the way.

This was a much needed post.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom