I was in Long Island, New York today....

Originally Posted by WALTER MERCADO

Double post

This is how I feel about YUKU:

14ceget.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but foreal yuku is 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I couldn't live in the city. I like going out to my driveway and washing my car. Opening up my garage and working my car while listening to music. I like to have friends over on warm days and go out in my backyard and chill. I like to be able to have backyard BBQs. Friends and family can easily find parking when they come over. I love that I can go outside in my boxers and a t to get my paper or my mail and not have to worry about hella people looking at me. I like that my house has plenty of space. I can go outside and play with my dog on the lawn..
HUH. we do that in the city as well. 
Call it brooklyn, queens, bronx

I couldn't live in the city. I like going out to my driveway and washing my car. Opening up my garage and working my car while listening to music. I like to have friends over on warm days and go out in my backyard and chill. I like to be able to have backyard BBQs. Friends and family can easily find parking when they come over. I love that I can go outside in my boxers and a t to get my paper or my mail and not have to worry about hella people looking at me. I like that my house has plenty of space. I can go outside and play with my dog on the lawn..
From Sac  right?    When I drive there and   stop  by Vacaville,   that is dead

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

It's the suburbs though, obviously its gonna be more quiet and uneventful. Alot of people work in the city yet live in the suburbs so they can have houses with backyards and a quiet, peaceful environment to raise a family.

I'm from San Jose CA, which is basically a huge suburb of San Francisco, and I'm definitely a city guy so I know what you're talking about. there's not a whole lot to do here unless you're rich or into hockey. But it's a tradeoff because my parents get to live in a nice house that would be impossible to get in a crowded city like SF.

i definitely see where you're coming from. I've been in the burbs. I know it's a great place to raise kids(i enjoy seeing my cousins grow up in the burbs because they play so much sports, and have madd friends over), w/ great community of sports and other kids.
BUT that being said. 18-30 year olds, do not deserve to be in burbs, nuff said.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

lol @ comparing housing in LI to housing in the city

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

It's the suburbs though, obviously its gonna be more quiet and uneventful. Alot of people work in the city yet live in the suburbs so they can have houses with backyards and a quiet, peaceful environment to raise a family.

I'm from San Jose CA, which is basically a huge suburb of San Francisco, and I'm definitely a city guy so I know what you're talking about. there's not a whole lot to do here unless you're rich or into hockey. But it's a tradeoff because my parents get to live in a nice house that would be impossible to get in a crowded city like SF.

i definitely see where you're coming from. I've been in the burbs. I know it's a great place to raise kids(i enjoy seeing my cousins grow up in the burbs because they play so much sports, and have madd friends over), w/ great community of sports and other kids.
BUT that being said. 18-30 year olds, do not deserve to be in burbs, nuff said.
co sign. im definitely gonna live in SF or another big city while i'm young and until I have kids.

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

What are you talking about. property cost more in brooklyn than in LI. you're a dummie. 

What are you talking about. property cost more in brooklyn than in LI. you're a dummie. 

That's the point, smart one. NikeTalker23 can enjoy all of these comforts in suburbia in a relatively cost-effective manner. He probably could not afford these same desired comforts in Brooklyn.

ive seen a NYC transplant first hand fail at suburban life. The fault doesn't lie in where he's at, but the personality and mindset of that individual.

Some people need to realize they are the problem, not a quiet neighborhood. Maybe if you did something for yourself and lived with that self reliance, instead of enjoying the "city vibe", they would be better.

how can a city define who you are precisely.. I define who I am no matter where I am.

I just get heated when these big city people claim how boring my area is. Maybe you are the boring one.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

That's the point, smart one. NikeTalker23 can enjoy all of these comforts in suburbia in a relatively cost-effective manner. He probably could not afford these same desired comforts in Brooklyn.
Precisely. I can have a better looking house in a better neighborhood and be a 45 minute car ride away from NYC.
staten islan = long island = new jersey
Tigga please, Long Island reigns supreme as far as suburbs go.
And unlike in NY vs. Cali arguments, I have a first hand POV here
I've been to NJ, every suburb in NYC, Westchester, lived in both Queens and Suffolk County.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

staten islan = long island = new jersey

I've lived in New Jersey and Long Island , they don't feel the same at all . Stores and some Clubs can be a good distances from each other, but Jersey has things going on all the time. 

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

I went to drop my cousins @ tanger outlet.

There's your problem.

indifferent.gif
Damn I got a stoneface from Dunkaroos?
frown.gif

Dude never stoneface people, I must have struck a cord w/ his suburban youth.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Son you feel this way about Long Island? Imagine places like NC, SC or down south in general. I was miserable when I went to go visit my boy in NC last summer. I was so happy to get back to NYC
smh.gif
smh.gif

Were just city folk. Any place other than the city sucks. ANY PLACE.

Yes sir,

I lived in a small town outside of Charleston, SC called Summerville.  That place is so desolate.  They still showcase the confederate flag throughout town, the clothing is overpriced and outdated, and the women there are whack.  I wasted no town fleeing back to my home here in Harlem.

I JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE IN LONG ISLAND AFTER LIVING IN THE CITY ALL MY LIFE...BUT HEY I GOT A POOL AND WILL BBQ THIS WEEKEND! SOMETHING I COULDNT DO IN FLUSHING OR WILLIAMSBURG!

BUT NYC>>>THE REST OF THE WORLD!

That's because you were in suffolk county, fool.  That place is rural compared to other parts of long island.  City people always talk bad about LI.  You guys always hate on us.

LI is what it is, a suburb.

It ain't trying to be NYC or any other city.

Lots of people that live out there work in the city and want to escape it to raise a family
in a house with a yard, driveway, good schools, low crime...the whole American dream thing.

Btw, Tanger out in Suffolk is hardly a reflection of LI as a whole. I couldn't wait to leave that place the one and
only time I went.

I've lived on LI for about a year now, took some adjustment and it ain't perfect but it sure as hell beats living
in a Co-Op in Queens as far as quality of life goes.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I used to go to Rockville Centre...I've never seen a bigger collection of boring douches in my life.
yo you completely captured that visual for me
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom