I was in Long Island, New York today....

You went to the boring/dead Tanger Outlet on Long Island.

I work at the one in Deer Park (Security).

It's mad nice, always packed with women on good weather days & nights, and the bar restaurant next to it is always pretty live and the food is bangin. Theres a bunch of kinetic lit overheads (like a club, I don't have a pic, I'll take one tonight), 16 room movie theater with a IMAX, thousands of places to sit, A fountain. I dunno...buncha stuff.

800px-TangerDeerPark.jpg

ip42ms.jpg

1q25aq.jpg

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I couldn't live in the city. I like going out to my driveway and washing my car. Opening up my garage and working my car while listening to music. I like to have friends over on warm days and go out in my backyard and chill. I like to be able to have backyard BBQs. Friends and family can easily find parking when they come over. I love that I can go outside in my boxers and a t to get my paper or my mail and not have to worry about hella people looking at me. I like that my house has plenty of space. I can go outside and play with my dog on the lawn..
From Sac  right?    When I drive there and   stop  by Vacaville,   that is dead

Vacaville? 

I love living in Long Island and i grew up in Jamaica Queens NY till i was 18.

Life is good out here, no worries...no headaches...no drama!!!

If you go to spots like Tanger in Riverhead of coarse it's going to be dead,

anyone that lives out here knows this.

THERE IS Nothing like summers in LONG ISLAND.

You can hit the beach in the morn. BBq in the afternoon and hit NYC or the hamptons @ night.

It's the best of all worlds!!!

As a former resident of LI for 3 years, it's better than VA.

Nassau County is where you'd probably look for on LI.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Son you feel this way about Long Island? Imagine places like NC, SC or down south in general. I was miserable when I went to go visit my boy in NC last summer. I was so happy to get back to NYC
smh.gif
smh.gif

Were just city folk. Any place other than the city sucks. ANY PLACE.
SC I can understand but NC isn't that bad. What part were u in?

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I went to drop my cousins @ tanger outlet.

There's your problem.

indifferent.gif

That right there..nobody tries to chill there.
I live bout 10 mins away from the outlets you went to and the only things worth checkin over there are the Nike outlet, Nathans, or the new movie theater.  I wonder what time of day you were there but you sound lame to judge the whole LI region off of your poor shot selection of places to go while out here.

Edit; i live by the one in deer park that dude posted pictures of, but if you were talking about the one in riverhead ...Smh there is NOTHING out there

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

I couldn't live in the city. I like going out to my driveway and washing my car. Opening up my garage and working my car while listening to music. I like to have friends over on warm days and go out in my backyard and chill. I like to be able to have backyard BBQs. Friends and family can easily find parking when they come over. I love that I can go outside in my boxers and a t to get my paper or my mail and not have to worry about hella people looking at me. I like that my house has plenty of space. I can go outside and play with my dog on the lawn..
HUH. we do that in the city as well. 
Call it brooklyn, queens, bronx
lol @ comparing housing in LI to housing in the city
What are you talking about. property cost more in brooklyn than in LI. you're a dummie. 

That's the point, smart one. NikeTalker23 can enjoy all of these comforts in suburbia in a relatively cost-effective manner. He probably could not afford these same desired comforts in Brooklyn.
Precisely. I can have a better looking house in a better neighborhood and be a 45 minute car ride away from NYC.
staten islan = long island = new jersey
Tigga please, Long Island reigns supreme as far as suburbs go.
And unlike in NY vs. Cali arguments, I have a first hand POV here
I've been to NJ, every suburb in NYC, Westchester, lived in both Queens and Suffolk County.

laugh.gif
you're all very silly if you think ANY property in Brooklyn compares to some of the zip codes in Long Island or even Jersey.  If you mean cost per square foot, then maybe, but how is that a pro-city life argument??

people from the city always talk mad mierda bout LI.......but man suffolk gets it in
pimp.gif
.....your ovbiously bored cause you dont know where to go and you dont know anybody....of course itll be boring lol.

Houses cost more in BK and Queens generally but the taxes are WAY lower.

Houses on LI cost less but taxes are a killer...I pay 12k a year and that's pretty average.

It's a split in my book.

I figured the school experience is paramount in LI. I couldn't believe it when I went there.

The farther you go out on LI the less there is, and you were rather out there. Suffolk is more rural than Nassau. But it doesn't reflect LI as a whole. I rather live in the city though, not that I dont enjoy LI, ideally I rather raise a family out here.

Dudes don't drive 100 mph in Suffolk because Suffolk County Police are likely to sodomize you on the side of the road. You do not want to get stopped by those dudes. You never win.

I've got family out there near the outlets and I spend a weekend there every summer and it's a real nice treat. Just sit out by the pool or on the deck in tranquility while looking out into the woods
smokin.gif

I wouldn't want to live out there right now, though. I'd probably move when I hit that 50 year old mark and my children are all grown up and I'm just chilling on some J.D. Salinger +%%@.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

From Sac  right?    When I drive there and   stop  by Vacaville,   that is dead

Vacaville? 

Farm  town  between  the Bay  and  Sacramento

i got madd peoples out in hempstead long island

i dunno what OP is talking about....

Originally Posted by ashleythetall

yeah went to hofstra. work there now. its pretty much the lamest place in the world. thank god the city is a half hour train ride...but long beach is actually pretty nice with a fun night life and community
Long Beach is dope
pimp.gif

i will fight anybody in here that says LI is better than any borough with the exception of staten.

Back
Top Bottom