I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Because you're being a cheerleader in this thread. Let me ask you, out of all the trolling that occurs on NT, why single me out? Yeah, I was firing shots, but he's a grown man. He can defend himself.
laugh.gif

No need to be Captain Save A Willy
Cuz I actually like this thread and you're littering it with posts of "yall remember the last thread Rilla made when he got roasted? Remember that lame race thread he made? Leave NT nobody likes you, your posts are horrible, I respect other NTers and think they have something relevant to say but not you." Yeah he got roasted, yeah it was funny AND? It's like you just found out Rilla's back on a new SN and got so hype that you couldn't help yourself from baiting him in to some flame war to make yourself feel better cuz you don't like someone on the internet.

That's lame and annoying. Yes, even for other members reading the thread. But hey, maybe I should've just reported you
laugh.gif

I don't recall Haze being a cheerleader or captain and frankly I'm not either. Rilla shouldn't have to defend himself in a 11 page thread about tipping. That's so off topic. This thread isn't gonna turn in to another roast thread cuz you want it to.
Wow, verbose much? I was just trying to have some fun, not cause you to go into cardiogenic shock. That's it, I promise. Serious business, internet is. Just because I tell people to stop posting doesn't make them a damsel in distress. I attacked, he made a weak comeback, and so on.
For real? This is pathetic.

Because you're being a cheerleader in this thread. Let me ask you, out of all the trolling that occurs on NT, why single me out? Yeah, I was firing shots, but he's a grown man. He can defend himself.
laugh.gif

No need to be Captain Save A Willy
Cuz I actually like this thread and you're littering it with posts of "yall remember the last thread Rilla made when he got roasted? Remember that lame race thread he made? Leave NT nobody likes you, your posts are horrible, I respect other NTers and think they have something relevant to say but not you." Yeah he got roasted, yeah it was funny AND? It's like you just found out Rilla's back on a new SN and got so hype that you couldn't help yourself from baiting him in to some flame war to make yourself feel better cuz you don't like someone on the internet.

That's lame and annoying. Yes, even for other members reading the thread. But hey, maybe I should've just reported you
laugh.gif

I don't recall Haze being a cheerleader or captain and frankly I'm not either. Rilla shouldn't have to defend himself in a 11 page thread about tipping. That's so off topic. This thread isn't gonna turn in to another roast thread cuz you want it to.
Wow, verbose much? I was just trying to have some fun, not cause you to go into cardiogenic shock. That's it, I promise. Serious business, internet is. Just because I tell people to stop posting doesn't make them a damsel in distress. I attacked, he made a weak comeback, and so on.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

so servers get tips but mcdonalds workers dont?

servers get tips and teachers don't?

servers get tips and firemen who save lives dont?

servers get tips and doctors dont?

servers get tips and grocery baggers dont?

oh, because they agreed to labor for 3 dollars an hour, which is illegal?

oh.

oh, its understood that this 10 dollar plate thats listed in your menu for 10 dollars is really 11.50 with that good 15 percent on it?

oh, so i should just look at prices in a resturaunt as 15 percent cheaper than they really are, huh?

oh, and i give 15 percent off top. thats the contract i sign. if the @*#@* brings my food out cold 30 mins late, i have to give her 15 percent or im cheap, huh?

how about this, you not worry about what the next man is giving the girl who walks his plates out to his table

cause i dont really care if you give 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 nor 30 percent

it seems like dudes are just really proud of the percent they tip people and are also the only ones concerned, besides the waiters, of course, with what the next man is or isnt tipping

why yall so geeked to say the percentage you tip?

to show you 'got it"?

you "not cheap"?

FOH

OH YOU WORKED A 4 HOUR SHIFT AND MADE 100 DOLLARS IN CASH AND YOU HAD TO GIVE 20 TO THE BUSBOYS WHO ACTUALLY DO WORK AND THE HOST WHO GIVES YOU CUSTOMERS?

OH, THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL, TO MAKE 20 DOLLARS AN HOUR IN CASH

OH NO

HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE BE EXPECTED TO SURVIVE?!?!?!?

like ironman said, mcdonalds workers prolly make half of what the average server makes, and works twice as long...
Real talk..

real talk? more like idiot talk.. because grocery baggers do get tips.. and you actually think that in 4 hours you can make a $100.00?? please.. it shows you have no common sense or know anything about making money... probably a rich kid.. thinking he's so much better than everyone else.. just dont be surprised if your serves spitts in your food, cause you are a douche.. cause you probably deserve it

I find it funny that some people think they're highly cultured because they travel the world (and I agree)

but won't question tipping in the States, they won't take 2 seconds to even give it some thought.

there's just a "because" no one wants to entertain.
people are legitimately upset, asking for these threads to be locked because it provokes thought 
laugh.gif

they're hoping someone recognizes you and spits in your food, I guess that's more socially acceptable? 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

so servers get tips but mcdonalds workers dont?

servers get tips and teachers don't?

servers get tips and firemen who save lives dont?

servers get tips and doctors dont?

servers get tips and grocery baggers dont?

oh, because they agreed to labor for 3 dollars an hour, which is illegal?

oh.

oh, its understood that this 10 dollar plate thats listed in your menu for 10 dollars is really 11.50 with that good 15 percent on it?

oh, so i should just look at prices in a resturaunt as 15 percent cheaper than they really are, huh?

oh, and i give 15 percent off top. thats the contract i sign. if the @*#@* brings my food out cold 30 mins late, i have to give her 15 percent or im cheap, huh?

how about this, you not worry about what the next man is giving the girl who walks his plates out to his table

cause i dont really care if you give 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 nor 30 percent

it seems like dudes are just really proud of the percent they tip people and are also the only ones concerned, besides the waiters, of course, with what the next man is or isnt tipping

why yall so geeked to say the percentage you tip?

to show you 'got it"?

you "not cheap"?

FOH

OH YOU WORKED A 4 HOUR SHIFT AND MADE 100 DOLLARS IN CASH AND YOU HAD TO GIVE 20 TO THE BUSBOYS WHO ACTUALLY DO WORK AND THE HOST WHO GIVES YOU CUSTOMERS?

OH, THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL, TO MAKE 20 DOLLARS AN HOUR IN CASH

OH NO

HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE BE EXPECTED TO SURVIVE?!?!?!?

like ironman said, mcdonalds workers prolly make half of what the average server makes, and works twice as long...
Real talk..

real talk? more like idiot talk.. because grocery baggers do get tips.. and you actually think that in 4 hours you can make a $100.00?? please.. it shows you have no common sense or know anything about making money... probably a rich kid.. thinking he's so much better than everyone else.. just dont be surprised if your serves spitts in your food, cause you are a douche.. cause you probably deserve it

I find it funny that some people think they're highly cultured because they travel the world (and I agree)

but won't question tipping in the States, they won't take 2 seconds to even give it some thought.

there's just a "because" no one wants to entertain.
people are legitimately upset, asking for these threads to be locked because it provokes thought 
laugh.gif

they're hoping someone recognizes you and spits in your food, I guess that's more socially acceptable? 
ohwell.gif

OP is obviously ignorant to eating out.
Most places, which would include BW3, place automatic gratuity on ANY check when they have a special deal like 50c. wings on Tuesday. 

Hell, I know every persons name at the BW3 that I go to. Guess what? They still put auto grat on my check. 

You mad for no reason. Go heat up some fish sticks, brah.

OP is obviously ignorant to eating out.
Most places, which would include BW3, place automatic gratuity on ANY check when they have a special deal like 50c. wings on Tuesday. 

Hell, I know every persons name at the BW3 that I go to. Guess what? They still put auto grat on my check. 

You mad for no reason. Go heat up some fish sticks, brah.

laugh.gif

Welcome to the internet. Have you been here before? Save your crocodile tears
laugh.gif
The reason I flamed is because this is OP's millionth horrible thread.

What's pathetic to me is trying to justify not tipping. "I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again" is pathetic to me. Crying racism because of the AUTOMATICALLY ADDED gratuity is pathetic to me. That's real life. This is internet. Get it?

laugh.gif

Welcome to the internet. Have you been here before? Save your crocodile tears
laugh.gif
The reason I flamed is because this is OP's millionth horrible thread.

What's pathetic to me is trying to justify not tipping. "I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again" is pathetic to me. Crying racism because of the AUTOMATICALLY ADDED gratuity is pathetic to me. That's real life. This is internet. Get it?

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

Originally Posted by khadafi252

You should tip regardless. If you experience bad service, then bring the tip down to 10%.
Umm... no..

What?

How does that even.. huh?

30t6p3b.gif
much less than that is fine, but I agree.
You were served, you should pay for that service. But that doesn't mean you can't leave $.02 as a tip and call it fair
pimp.gif
(only for very rude servers though)

If they weren't rude and you got your food you should pay 12-15%
What so hard to understanfd about this:

"If you want me to pay something, list the price. IF it's not a stated price, I think it's wrong to EXPECT me to add it to my tab"

I ordered the food, not Felicia, or whichever waitress they sent. I didn't say "Let me get 12 wings and a side order of manners from Felicia". They didn't list the price as "12 wings + Felcia = $x.xx + tips". The service is on them. That's what they provide. Why should I comp them for edging out their competitors. That's what they're supposed to do! 

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

Originally Posted by khadafi252

You should tip regardless. If you experience bad service, then bring the tip down to 10%.
Umm... no..

What?

How does that even.. huh?

30t6p3b.gif
much less than that is fine, but I agree.
You were served, you should pay for that service. But that doesn't mean you can't leave $.02 as a tip and call it fair
pimp.gif
(only for very rude servers though)

If they weren't rude and you got your food you should pay 12-15%
What so hard to understanfd about this:

"If you want me to pay something, list the price. IF it's not a stated price, I think it's wrong to EXPECT me to add it to my tab"

I ordered the food, not Felicia, or whichever waitress they sent. I didn't say "Let me get 12 wings and a side order of manners from Felicia". They didn't list the price as "12 wings + Felcia = $x.xx + tips". The service is on them. That's what they provide. Why should I comp them for edging out their competitors. That's what they're supposed to do! 

I'm by no means a big tipper, but I always tip something depending on the level service, and for bad service they get nada.

But, whenever they automatically put the tip on there, that's all that they're getting.

You wanna add $1.47 to my bill?? Cool, you just saved me a few extra bucks.

I'm by no means a big tipper, but I always tip something depending on the level service, and for bad service they get nada.

But, whenever they automatically put the tip on there, that's all that they're getting.

You wanna add $1.47 to my bill?? Cool, you just saved me a few extra bucks.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Larrydavidswag

All of what you said is cool and all. But do you legit go out of your way to not tip? Or you tip if you have good service.

And i understand that people have different ideals on tipping. But coming from a college grad who now has a good job (financial analyst for nasa) who understands what it means to be dependent on tips to keep living...i wish you "non-tippers based on strictly principle" would just stay home and and cook your own dinner.

stay home stay home stay home

this is america

you not finna tell me to stay home if i dont like it

cause its not up to me

i can LEGALLY not tip a broad and leave the spot, scot free....

im not breaking any laws

just your feelings....

WHY SHOULD I STAY IN THE HOUSE IF I AGREE TO PAY 7 DOLLARS FOR A 7 DOLLAR SANDWHICH?

roll.gif

"how dare you exchange the listed price of our goods and services then just leave without breaking us off"

roll.gif

who EVER said  "I GO OUT OF MY WAY, legit,  TO NOT TIP"?

WHO SAID THAT?

RILLA AINT EVEN SAY THAT

you work for nasa but can't absorb and understand plain english? i mean, i like to think imma decent writer...and that nasa employs geniuses...but, uh

nowhere did i say "i go out of my way to not tip people"

honestly, i throw them a couple bucks and whatever change makes it an even "bill", even tho i use a card...

so if its like 16.35, i tip 3.65 to make it 20....and that's only if the service was decent. do i give a ++@# that its not the 20 percent yall so proudly want everyone to know? absolutely not.

when the service is good, my server is charming, my time enjoyable, or im just feeling generous, i'll give someone a 20 straight up....but thats very very very rare...that my service is actually ENJOYABLE...as in, that particular server made my visit EXCEPTIONALLY ENJOYABLE beyond my normal level of enjoyment in said establishment....i.e. mindy's service actually made my trip MORE enjoyable than if it had been sandy....

i dont have a problem with actually tipping, its the whole "YOU HAVE TO TIP BECAUSE..." i have a problem with...i dont HAVE to tip +$%$, actually, i can write in ZERO on the "TIP AMOUNT" line and walk out, LEGALLY

ive tipped tattoo artists, drink runners, people at sonic, shoe store dudes, music store dudes, corner store cats, hat store chicks, mechanics, etc. and not just in money

but see, i dont go around beating my chest about how much or how often i tip because i dont feel like it makes me a better person, able to point my finger at other dudes and yell "CHEAP" or "POOR"

right?

right.

at the same time, if you ask "is everything okay?" and i say "can i get a napkin, some more soda and some honey mustard" and i see you again without at least one of those three things, more than 2 minutes later

you're not getting tipped and im not gonna feel bad about it at all. in fact, ill announce it, if it helps these upset parties of people feel less upset somehow...

oh, you remember me for not giving you a tip? oh, you gonna give me %#*@*! service or mess with my food? somehow that's going to get you a good tip this time? oh.

eyes.gif

THEY chose to rock with a part time job that pays 3.25 base.

i made 2.15 base at sears, did you see me crying to people about not getting tips? did you see me crying about how the commission was less than 1%? how i sold 22k my first two weeks on the job and got like 400 dollars commission?

nah, you didnt

what you did see was me getting a better job, tho

you dont like that you get paid 99 percent in tips?

you dont like that the actual tip is completely and totally voulentary, and up to the customer?

oh, maybe you shouldn't be working in that industry, home skillet....

maybe if enough of you were ACTUALLY struggling and making such a joke of a salary, you'd do something to change it, right?

BUT IN REALITY

yall make 30-50 dollars an hour IN CASH

so yall aint finna get no tears from me for bad tippers.....

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Larrydavidswag

All of what you said is cool and all. But do you legit go out of your way to not tip? Or you tip if you have good service.

And i understand that people have different ideals on tipping. But coming from a college grad who now has a good job (financial analyst for nasa) who understands what it means to be dependent on tips to keep living...i wish you "non-tippers based on strictly principle" would just stay home and and cook your own dinner.

stay home stay home stay home

this is america

you not finna tell me to stay home if i dont like it

cause its not up to me

i can LEGALLY not tip a broad and leave the spot, scot free....

im not breaking any laws

just your feelings....

WHY SHOULD I STAY IN THE HOUSE IF I AGREE TO PAY 7 DOLLARS FOR A 7 DOLLAR SANDWHICH?

roll.gif

"how dare you exchange the listed price of our goods and services then just leave without breaking us off"

roll.gif

who EVER said  "I GO OUT OF MY WAY, legit,  TO NOT TIP"?

WHO SAID THAT?

RILLA AINT EVEN SAY THAT

you work for nasa but can't absorb and understand plain english? i mean, i like to think imma decent writer...and that nasa employs geniuses...but, uh

nowhere did i say "i go out of my way to not tip people"

honestly, i throw them a couple bucks and whatever change makes it an even "bill", even tho i use a card...

so if its like 16.35, i tip 3.65 to make it 20....and that's only if the service was decent. do i give a ++@# that its not the 20 percent yall so proudly want everyone to know? absolutely not.

when the service is good, my server is charming, my time enjoyable, or im just feeling generous, i'll give someone a 20 straight up....but thats very very very rare...that my service is actually ENJOYABLE...as in, that particular server made my visit EXCEPTIONALLY ENJOYABLE beyond my normal level of enjoyment in said establishment....i.e. mindy's service actually made my trip MORE enjoyable than if it had been sandy....

i dont have a problem with actually tipping, its the whole "YOU HAVE TO TIP BECAUSE..." i have a problem with...i dont HAVE to tip +$%$, actually, i can write in ZERO on the "TIP AMOUNT" line and walk out, LEGALLY

ive tipped tattoo artists, drink runners, people at sonic, shoe store dudes, music store dudes, corner store cats, hat store chicks, mechanics, etc. and not just in money

but see, i dont go around beating my chest about how much or how often i tip because i dont feel like it makes me a better person, able to point my finger at other dudes and yell "CHEAP" or "POOR"

right?

right.

at the same time, if you ask "is everything okay?" and i say "can i get a napkin, some more soda and some honey mustard" and i see you again without at least one of those three things, more than 2 minutes later

you're not getting tipped and im not gonna feel bad about it at all. in fact, ill announce it, if it helps these upset parties of people feel less upset somehow...

oh, you remember me for not giving you a tip? oh, you gonna give me %#*@*! service or mess with my food? somehow that's going to get you a good tip this time? oh.

eyes.gif

THEY chose to rock with a part time job that pays 3.25 base.

i made 2.15 base at sears, did you see me crying to people about not getting tips? did you see me crying about how the commission was less than 1%? how i sold 22k my first two weeks on the job and got like 400 dollars commission?

nah, you didnt

what you did see was me getting a better job, tho

you dont like that you get paid 99 percent in tips?

you dont like that the actual tip is completely and totally voulentary, and up to the customer?

oh, maybe you shouldn't be working in that industry, home skillet....

maybe if enough of you were ACTUALLY struggling and making such a joke of a salary, you'd do something to change it, right?

BUT IN REALITY

yall make 30-50 dollars an hour IN CASH

so yall aint finna get no tears from me for bad tippers.....

When ever me and my boys go to a restaurant we leave a tip, we write on the receipt "stay in school".

Wait, you don't feel the least bit lame that I shrugged my shoulders and dismissed you, leading you to go ahead and made me your topic of the day? I mean, I'm just sitting here reading you discuss me in 3rd person and put me on a pedestal (albeit a negative one, but still). You don't feel just a little corny that dude exposed the FACT that you came in this thread because of who started it and not why they started it? I guess man..
laugh.gif
..  let my nuts go.

Wait, you don't feel the least bit lame that I shrugged my shoulders and dismissed you, leading you to go ahead and made me your topic of the day? I mean, I'm just sitting here reading you discuss me in 3rd person and put me on a pedestal (albeit a negative one, but still). You don't feel just a little corny that dude exposed the FACT that you came in this thread because of who started it and not why they started it? I guess man..
laugh.gif
..  let my nuts go.

When ever me and my boys go to a restaurant we leave a tip, we write on the receipt "stay in school".

Back
Top Bottom