Ice Cube To Start 3 on 3 Basketball League

this was definitely more entertaining than I thought and it's mostly because the games they showed were close and they just breezed through some highlights of the one that was seemingly a blowout

I might check it out now once it comes to LA

was on fs1 last night......

Yep.

I didn't enjoy the presentation honestly. The camera work was questionable.

Since they have a tv deal it may last 2 or 3 seasons I guess. They have to get bigger name stars who can still go. Iverson and the rest have got high mileage on them.

The obvious players who would pull major interest likely would never consider: Kobe, Shaq, Jordan.

It's like the XFL of basketball for old guys.

dont know why they aint making a stop in Atlanta....:smh:

just imagine all the celebs that would show up.

Gucci, 2 Chainz, TI, and any actor filming in Atlanta.

Surprised at how intense they were. Those dudes were really competitive and getting after it. Very nice to see. But then again why would the vets pass up a chance to show the world they still have game.

I was there on Sunday, I enjoyed myself. Honestly I wasn't sure how it would translate on tv.

They were competitive and all the games were good outside of the Iverson one.

It was actually terrible. He looks like he hasn't played basketball since the last time he was in the league. He literally played 2 minutes. He missed a bunch of layups and had zero cordination on everything he did. Anyone expecting to see anything that resembles a basketball player ... not even Iverson, is going to be disappointed.

I was embarrassed for him. No joke. I was courtside, sitting next to Iversons mom and whole family.

They had to edit that game otherwise people will not show up for any other games.

Other than that, it was cool.

The player to fan interaction was great and the environment is more chill than a NBA game.

View media item 2477336
View media item 2477338
View media item 2477324
View media item 2477334
View media item 2477327
View media item 2477328
View media item 2477329
View media item 2477332

Last edited:
The games with Rashard Lewis and Deshawn Stevenson were :smokin :smokin the one with Stephen Jackson was cool as well.

Also, hearing Moochie Norris, Cuttino Mobley, and Mike James' names was :wow: :lol:

Bro!! I saw you!!
I was telling my wife "see the guy with the purple Williams jersey? He's wearing the guys jersey that's playing"
That's dope
I thought it was cool that you picked that jersey
Very nice bro

Yea man huge Jwill fan.

Took me 19yrs to finally get a picture with him and around 7yrs to get the Hyperflights signed.

Outside of whenever I end up having kids, prob the greatest moment of my life lol

After watching last night, The Big 3 is legit. I was worried about how it would turn out, but i really enjoyed watching. Definetly will be watching future games. I can only hope next year that they can recruit bigger names. Wouldn't mind seeing the Boston trio of Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. 

Yeah
It was definitely well put together
And it'll be better for sure if they can get slightly better names

Yeah
It was definitely well put together
And it'll be better for sure if they can get slightly better names

Getting better names is only part of the problem. They still need to have some talent too.

Iverson is clearly a shell of what he was. And that normally would be okay...except he's choosing to put himself out there.

How much are these guys getting paid anyway?

Cuttino and maggette was cooking fools last night.

Cuttino looking 50 with so much game.

I turned that game with Reggie Evans and mccants...game got so ugly and slow and just turned into a slug fest.

I get the 3 on 3 aspect, but that will be it's downfall. These dudes are older and got tired quick. And when they did, they was chucking and missing 10 shots a row and ****. They may need to do a 5 on 5 team.

I get the 3 on 3 aspect, but that will be it's downfall. These dudes are older and got tired quick. And when they did, they was chucking and missing 10 shots a row and ****. They may need to do a 5 on 5 team.

Full court??? Hell nah. Guarantee you mad turnovers and only like 2 people getting across the half court line.

Back
Top Bottom