"sit yo a.. and enjoy like everybody else"
getsmiley.php
getsmiley.php

oh my God im dying!!!!!!!
roll.gif
x 1,000,000

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

If you that girl's man, do you stand up for your woman since she's being disrespected, or do you take the L like her and get a drink on the house?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i felt that from da heart
pimp.gif

sometimes i'll throw a lil get together and i'll have a set of straight mid-90's rap - dipset and da skeezaz start moaning & grogging about "omg throw some daddy yankee"

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
these scrotas in the heights aint trying to have it! its either some bachata, merengue, or playero so they can get down the whole night....skanks

thats happen to me a few times, i bet that wasnt the first time girl approached him,
one time i was djing mostly 90s hiphop, n this girl ame up to me and asked me to play baby bash (this was in san antonio)
 n i told her , ill see if i can play it, the song after same hoodrat came up n asked me to play it,
 i told her hold on, and she was liek "ahhh this dj sucks playign some wack %#% %!@!"
i cut the music n was like , excuse me if you dont like the music you can get the %+#* outta here,
the owner laughed at it, but ppl dont understand that djs gotta do their job,
sometimes its not the venue for it, or the time, or it just doesnt go,

Mangudai954wrote:
I hate when djs keep changing songs yoube in your zone then he switches into some totally different$%+@.

its called NY style, or scratch and drop, done alot by  mixshow djs,
where they hype the crowd n do those kinda mixes,
Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
He spazzed because he been spinning the same songs for 10 years and dont kno how to switch it up. I hate when DJs be in their own zone like dude you suppose to move the crowd. You can play with yaself at home. F outta here.
Very true...He has a easy job in that he plays the same song lineup wherever he plays...I bet if you ask him to play some Lil Wayne or Kanye you would get the same reaction he gave to that woman requesting reggae

lmao i seen capri spin, pre serato, and dude killed it, having records stacked on the turntables,n went off,
and hes playing to the venue,
at the same time its kid capri, ppl go see him dj for his name,
when you have established yourself as a dj of that level, your a show dj, you do your set in a diff city or w/e every night, your not playing to the same ppl,
if hes at a residency, hes prob flippinf stuff here and there....
he can cut up lil wayne and kanye, lol but look at where hes at, hes not djing at a NT summit,
its a NY spot, prob mostly ppl in their late 20s-early30s, u think those ppl wanna hear lil wayne giggling on every song ?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I hate when djs keep changing songs you be in your zone then he switches into some totally different $%+@.
word.  30-45 second song snippets... wack

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I hate when djs keep changing songs you be in your zone then he switches into some totally different $%+@.

it's a freaking pandemic with djs doing this now. and all of them act like they originated it. i was at a club in OH where the dj came on the mike and TOLD people to stop complaining about him playing snippets. he said it "was his style". 
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Ol girl was wrong. She should know the venue. Capri is a hip hop dj playing in what seems to be a Hip hop venue. If wanted dutty wine she should wiggle herself out the place. That place didn't even seem to be in party atmosphere, more like a mix show.

And Casper is right, Capri is well known for mixing which is what he was doing. Until ol girl stopped and asked for Shabba Ranks.

It's aight tho, most here don't even know who Capri is.

Always hated that #!$*.

That's why I like playing for older crowds, because they'll listen to anything as long as it sounds good and you can keep the same groove going.

laugh.gif
@ dude in the background yellin' "We need more people"

Kid Capri aka Josh Boone gettin tough
laugh.gif

Anybody that has a problem with his has never DJ'd in their lives. Most annoying thing in the world is when some stupid club kid comes up to you and thinks he or she knows more about what should be played than you do.
mad.gif
This is a public service announcement - NEVER REQUEST A SONG FOR A DJ TO PLAY!!!!! The only way this is ever acceptable is if it is some wack dude that's just pressing play on his computer all night. If he or she is a real DJ - whether mixing on CDs or vinyl - they know what they are doing and let them do their thing.

nah man. Capri OD'ed on ol' girl. all he had to do was say no to the chick and kept his set moving. 
it doesnt matter about him being a legend or anything, or respect, or anything. she made a request. a simple no and a head mush would have sufficed. 

And they have the nerve to call that mixing too. I hate those type of djs.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

nah man. Capri OD'ed on ol' girl. all he had to do was say no to the chick and kept his set moving. 
it doesnt matter about him being a legend or anything, or respect, or anything. she made a request. a simple no and a head mush would have sufficed. 

It's easy for you to say that as a patron.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

Back
Top Bottom