if Nas has a damn Ego this rap world would look VASTLY different then it does now...

Originally Posted by handullz

so you sayin if he was a bit more aggressive...

went a lil more mainstream he would get the recognition he deserve?

basically....son be wild humble to me, and its like i always gotta defend his work when in a perfect world da work

should sell itself, but realistically he just be like "here i did this....." and moves on, i thought da N album was probably

one of da dopest albums of da last couple of years but because he isn't aggressive at saying "yo my isssh in that top shelf"

his accomplishments get overlooked...i guess fabolous said it best in a recent interview when he was like "i wish ya could see

da Nas i grew up with...i wish Nas would just come out here and show dudes why he's considered one of da top to ever do it"

like i wish Nas had that bravado, that fiery passion for his work like Kanye West does, cuz Mr. West walks around with a chip

on his shoulder from all da years of people doubting his talents, so da minute he finally put his foot in da door he kicked da joint down!

...steve stoute already i guessed confirmed what i already knew...son just content on laying low,

which in my opinion almost makes him teeter on irrelevancy, not cuz he's wack, but because he just don't run that race..and in

my opinion for me its a waste of talent.....

like duke is a high powered Ferrari, and all he does is pick up da groceries, and he sees all these ricer honda civics racing around

claiming they fast, yet instead of revin' da engines and showing da power of his lyricial acumen, duke just quietly rolls by and keeps

it moving....its frustrating to me as a fan...and i know i aint da only one...this is why Illmatic, it was written is alot of people's favorite

Nas albums...thats when duke didn't might being a superstar, and instead of shying away from da limelight, he embraced it, while also

having that flawless Nas delivery.

i feel like da fans want him to "win" more then he does.....

i understand why most of y'all have a problem with nas being this way, but i personally don't mind it. I would rather have an artist who cares more about putting out a quality product than the fame that comes with being a raper. Most of the time if a raper has a huge ego when they start to put out garbage they still think its great work ex. jay-z imo.

I was having a conversation about this with my brother the other day but we were talking about mos def instead. he always comes correct but it takes so long for his albums to drop. I just appreciate the fact he still puts out good music for his true fans. I see jay electronica falling into this same category too.

^that..... the reason Nas was turning down opportunities to jump on Jay's tracks & pullin all that ho $*$+ back in the day had to do with his own ego.

He just a different N'. Pretty much agree with what dude said. You wouldn't get the same Nas musically if his character was built a different way...

Irv pretty much summed it up w/ what happened with his brief Murda Inc situation....

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhYqKlvJ434xC8rnQShttp://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhYqKlvJ434xC8rnQS

UNDISPUTED is for boxing, not music.

I doubt there will ever be an undisputed anything.

Music is way to subjective.

walks around with a chip on his shoulder from all da years of people doubting his talents
Thats part of it, son aint really have that chip. He was being called one of if not the greatest before Illmatic dropped and when it finally did, it lived up to the hype. After that all he had to prove was that he could sell units and he did that with IWW.

I'm glad Nas is the way he is. It gives him the ability and freedom to do what he wants and not what he feels he needs to do.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Nas a Virgo.

He don't care about the extra s_. Just wants to get his art out and chill.

We don't care about jumping in front of the camera, long as the work gets done.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Nas a Virgo.

He don't care about the extra s_. Just wants to get his art out and chill.

We don't care about jumping in front of the camera, long as the work gets done.
pimp.gif
people actually believe in this *!%!%*##?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that just made my day, nt always cracks me up
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

I'm a fan of Nas but let's not act like ya boy is underground out of some kind of righteousness. You don't make songs with Diddy  J. Lo and Will I AM because you're trying to preserve your art. Not for lack of effort or desire, son just doesn't have the ability to be a Jay Z or Snoop. He's humble because he's defeated and he's wise because he stays to his lane. Even when he does do his mainstream thing, he usually brings a message (If I Ruled the World, Hip Hop Is Dead, Hero) and the top ten crowd and really tryna hear that. When he goes full brain-dead/club music, son just sounds off (oochie wally yall know my style). Nas aint Jay because he doesn't have the skill set and vice versa. 

happy.gif

how u say nas sucks at being commerical when "if all ruled da world" and phone tap STILL gets play on hot 97?

son doesn't like da limelight.....hate me now was da zenith to that type of escobar bravado that i wished he did more of...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

how u say nas sucks at being commerical when "if all ruled da world" and phone tap STILL gets play on hot 97?

son doesn't like da limelight.....hate me now was da zenith to that type of escobar bravado that i wished he did more of...
those arent commercial songs genius... u just be sayin %+$* for the sake of saying it...

basically....son be wild humble to me, and its like i always gotta defend his work when in a perfect world da work

should sell itself, but realistically he just be like "here i did this....." and moves on, i thought da N album was probably

one of da dopest albums of da last couple of years but because he isn't aggressive at saying "yo my isssh in that top shelf"

his accomplishments get overlooked...i guess fabolous said it best in a recent interview when he was like "i wish ya could see

da Nas i grew up with...i wish Nas would just come out here and show dudes why he's considered one of da top to ever do it"

like i wish Nas had that bravado, that fiery passion for his work like Kanye West does, cuz Mr. West walks around with a chip

on his shoulder from all da years of people doubting his talents, so da minute he finally put his foot in da door he kicked da joint down!

...steve stoute already i guessed confirmed what i already knew...son just content on laying low,

which in my opinion almost makes him teeter on irrelevancy, not cuz he's wack, but because he just don't run that race..and in

like duke is a high powered Ferrari, and all he does is pick up da groceries, and he sees all these ricer honda civics racing around

claiming they fast, yet instead of revin' da engines and showing da power of his lyricial acumen, duke just quietly rolls by and keeps

it moving....its frustrating to me as a fan...and i know i aint da only one...this is why Illmatic, it was written is alot of people's favorite

Nas albums...thats when duke didn't might being a superstar, and instead of shying away from da limelight, he embraced it, while also

On-Point...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

those arent commercial songs genius... u just be sayin %+$* for the sake of saying it...

at that time, those songs definitely were considered mainstream. Hip-hop has gone so left since, that they almost seem like underground records now.

No need to be repetitive. My only gripe is his beat selection.

he could've easily made jigga another Ja rule da way Roc was feelin that backlash..

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dapper D

On-Point...

This excatly how I feel, It pains me from time to time when alot people go on never knowing the Nas I know..but ehhh at the end of the day I guess Nas is content with his current position 
I WOULD KILL FOR A NAS x AZ album that right there would be EPIC would it not 

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

at that time, those songs definitely were considered mainstream.
The songs were a commercial success indeed but I doubt Nas recorded them for commercial purposes. The intent of them wasn't to be commercial. Its kinda like Meth All I Need I... I doubt he thought that track would ever win him a Grammy and be such a commercial success... it was probably just suppose to be a hood ballad.

at that time, those songs definitely were considered mainstream. Hip-hop has gone so left since, that they almost seem like underground records now.

exactly...time showing is not knowing hiphop $%* as usual
grin.gif
laugh.gif

hate me now DEBUTED on MTV's TRL with Caron Daily introducing it, with da whole time square packed and da whole 9....

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

The songs were a commercial success indeed but I doubt Nas recorded them for commercial purposes. The intent of them wasn't to be commercial. Its kinda like Meth All I Need I... I doubt he thought that track would ever win him a Grammy and be such a commercial success... it was probably just suppose to be a hood ballad.

i don't believe that when both videos were directed by hype "my videos is a million dollars" williams

looks like ya forget what hate me now looks like...hello duke had WHITE bengal tigers in da damn club..with pyro techs, and puff spitting da gold bubbliy in da camera..

yeah that joint was taylor made for da HEAVY production music videos of da 1990's...

AHHHH.....youtube has it in HD...check da fly %%$* my man Esco was on in da 90's....i MISS THAT.....i want that charismatic Nas...that dude was da man...not this

Nas...da one that practices isolation, son reminds me of a depressed superman in da fortress of solitude..

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

That's what u had to love about the 90's.
Dudes made music, to make music, and made
a single outta the track they felt appealed more
to the masses, instead of makin a track just for
commercial success.

aight then... i dig what you sayin..

i thought that what you was gettin at, but wasnt sure...

maybe his stee-lo just didnt call for him to defend and have that ego...

i mean... i know cats who are amazing at certain stuff, and aint trippin on being known for it cuz

1. they dont like the shine

2. they dont wanna ruffle any feathers...

not sayin that's Nas, but maybe he enjoyed bein lowkey like he was...

listening to his music, it wouldnt surprise me if he had the thought of "i know i'm better than this person, and this person knows i'm better than him. his fans dont know, but i see the insecurity in his eyes when they see me, or hear me..."

maybe that's enough for him... i think he's that psychologically advanced...

i might be reachin though... lol..

Back
Top Bottom