If the money was right, could you work for a BLATANTLY racist person?

Working for them would be directly supporting them, which would be directly supporting their views and cause, which is genocide, which means helping them ultimately get rid of you (given you're of the race they're racist against).

You're a stupid *** that knows nothing about anything if you're down with this for a few dollars.

I'm pretty sure Sterling never popped off something crazy to CP he needs the players, he probably just kept that **** on the executive level.

Speaking on Sterling specifically, it irritates me that he even owns a team in the NBA. He's had a history of racism.

info on don sterling? :nerd:

In November 2005, ESPN reported that Donald Sterling agreed to pay a fine of $2.73 million to settle claims brought by the Justice Department and Davin Day of Newport Beach. that he engaged in disciminatory rental practices against Hispanics, blacks, and families with children. [4]. In addition, Sterling was also ordered to pay attorneys' fees and costs in that action of $4,923,554.75. [Order Granting Motion for Prevailing Party's Attorneys' Fees and Costs, dated November 2, 2005, C.D. Cal. Case No. 2:03-cv-00859-DSF-E Dkt No. 454]. In granting the attorney's fees and costs Judge Dale S. Fischer noted "Sterling's' scorched earth' litigation tactics, some of which are described by the Plaintiffs' counsel and some of which were observed by the Court. The Court has no difficulty accepting Plaintiffs' counsel's representations that the time required to be spent on this case was increased by defendant's counsel's often unacceptable, and sometimes outrageous conduct." [Id. at p. 5]
In February 2009, Sterling was sued by former longtime Clippers executive Elgin Baylor for employment discrimination on the basis of age and race.[5] The lawsuit alleges Sterling told Baylor that he wanted to fill his team with "poor black boys from the South and a white head coach".[6] The suit alleges that during negotiations for Danny Manning, Sterling said "I'm offering a lot of money for a poor black kid."[6][7] The suit noted those comments while alleging "the Caucasian head coach was given a four-year, $22-million contract", but Baylor's salary had "been frozen at a comparatively paltry $350,000 since 2003".[5]
On August 8, 2009, the U.S. Department of Justice sued Sterling for housing discrimination in using race as a factor in filling some of his apartment buildings. The government's ongoing case alleges Sterling refused to rent to non-Koreans in the Koreatown neighborhood and to African Americans in Beverly Hills.[6] The suit alleges Sterling once said he did not like to rent to Hispanics because they "smoke, drink and just hang around the building," and that "Black tenants smell and attract vermin."[6]

Phipps, half asleep, sat up on his bed and asked what went wrong. “Here’s this guy,” Massimino said, “and he has this blonde bimbo with him, they have a bottle of champagne, they’re tanked. And Don looks at me and he says, ‘I wanna know why you think you can coach these n******.’”

Massimino told Phipps he began screaming at Sterling and swore he’d rather die than become coach of the Clippers. “That,” said Phipps, “was life with Donald Sterling.”

After interviewing another potential coach:

“And when he finished, Donald said something that was very shocking to me. He said, ‘Personally, I would like to have a white Southern coach coaching poor black players. And I was shocked. And he looked at me and said, ‘Do you think that’s a racist statement?’ I said, ‘Absolutely. That’s plantation mentality.”

"While ignoring my suggestions and isolating me from decisions customarily reserved for general managers, the Clippers attempted to place the blame for the team's failures on me," Baylor said in the declaration. "During this same period, players Sam Cassell(notes), Elton Brand(notes) and Corey Maggette(notes) complained to me that DONALD STERLING would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, 'Look at those beautiful black bodies.' I brought this to Sterling's attention, but he continued to bring women into the locker room."

But he did hold a "Black History Month" game.

In March.

interesting. thanks for info.

I'm pretty sure Sterling never popped off something crazy to CP he needs the players, he probably just kept that **** on the executive level.
walking into the locker room like Calvin Candie from Django admiring "beautiful black bodies" is probably something to raise an eyebrow at.

Last edited:
1. I wouldnt want to help somone like Sterling earn a dollar at all
2. i have the family i grew up with and a family of my own, and Latrell Sprewell said it best/worst?? I gotta feed my family.

If i could get enough money to take care of my family and live comforatbly elsewhere then no way am i working for some for someone like that
So in chris paul's case i wouldve never went to LA.

Morals over dollars

Last edited:
Believing everyone is racist is just as naive as thinking no one is. And if you knew me like some NTers do you'll know that I've been around the globe enough times to see the world clearer than most
laugh.gif

Now I'll give you most people are prejudice in someway or form at some point in their life, but full on Racist? Naw I've seen too many good people in this world do too many wonderful things for their fellow man.
exactly and its ppl ignorance or lack of knowing what a racist is, is the issue. far to often ppl lump racism/prejudice/bigotry into some universal term. one thing is certain most if not all ppl are prejudice in some facet. be it because of race, looks, sexuality, social or economical class, nationality etc... but to say everyone at some point has practice, acted in ill will to mistreat/misuse demonize a person based on race superiority is false.

First off not all races or ppl have the power or the position to mistreat/misuse or practice discrimination. Like in this example sterling is in a position to be racist to his players...because one he is in a position of power, well atleast from a employer and economical standpoint to impose his allege disdain on hatred for blacks. Chris Paul, however cannot be racist towards Sterling, he isn't in a position to practice his dislike or hatred for whites (if he had it) he doesn't have the power to act on, or impose his feelings (if he had them against whites) on Sterling.

He could be prejudice, meaning he could have a preconceived notion, or stereotype him based on his perception of whites, and based on that view or interact with him in a different manner. He could be a bigot and believe because of his race, he is superior and feel he is better then him. But what he cant do is be racist because he isn't in a position to impose, deny, restrain, or hold back Sterling in anyway...because of his personal (again this is if he hated whites) beliefs.

Not seeing it and assuming is one thing...flat out hearing it is another. We're talking about the latter and there IS a difference between an assumption and a fact.
Reading comprehension is very low around here.

And:
This is new age NT... you already know most people here value money over dignity
If someone like Chris Paul used his star power to speak out against Sterling's antics, the NBA would definitely have to step in, but until then Sterling just sees Paul's silence as the house negro doing his job.

Miss me with your generalizations

The answer is HELL NO. Money isn't everything yall think that **** will solve all your problems. To me it be a ole fake *** freedom fighter get on some "we shall overcome" **** by dealing with it everyday.

My Mother was racially discriminated by her boss for years, she fought sued her employer, got the bastard demoted out the office, a nice settlement and worked there for another 8 years. Ain't got take **** from no one
your mother wasn't makin 100 million.  guarantee no lawsuit woulda been filed if they threw that cheddar her way 
laugh.gif

Would this person be calling me racial slurs and screaming on me like a drill sergeant? Would this person be like "Hey (racial slur) where's those TPS reports?"

I'd still work there, because you'd have a lawsuit on your hands / major HR issue. I'd document and out the blatantly racist co-worker / manager and maybe get a settlement and not have to work again :tongue:

What was your racist moment?

Lmao, these guys cant be serious. Just cuz yall were/are racist doesnt mean everyone else is.

:wow: at that paula dean vid. That black dude should be ashamed of himself. She said this is bamma is as dark as a black board. Lol what?

your mother wasn't makin 100 million.  guarantee no lawsuit woulda been filed if they threw that cheddar her way 
laugh.gif

You don't know **** about my mother or what the **** she went through sweet heart to make such a claim.

And yes that rustled my jimmies. The audacity of some of you :lol:

Lmao, these guys cant be serious. Just cuz yall were/are racist doesnt mean everyone else is.

:wow: at that paula dean vid. That black dude should be ashamed of himself. She said this is bamma is as dark as a black board. Lol what?

**** is crazy. Before I knew the backstory of everything Paula Deen said, I thought maaaaaaybe, it was just a slip of the tongue or something along those lines. However, after reading about the wedding reception she wanted to throw back in 2007, or whenever it was, my opinion completely changed. That woman is a flat out bigot.

^ i think it was a terrible attempt at humor, which should be reported.

Racist or not the only color that matters at the end of the day is green. Sterling might be racist but look at the NBA as a whole. Majority of players are African Americans, majority of owners and GM's are Caucasian. The courts are just high profile plantations. One rich dudes money vs. another's but but but....we live in America. The power of the dollar trumphs all. Get that 107 million CP, you earned it

90% of us maybe more are working for racist anyway... 107 mill hell yeah

no

but if someone hired you, how racist are they?

like seriously, Paula Deen used the N word but hired black people, so how racist is she?
not racist? or are there different degrees?

Back
Top Bottom