If the money was right, could you work for a BLATANTLY racist person?

no

but if someone hired you, how racist are they?

like seriously, Paula Deen used the N word but hired black people, so how racist is she?
not racist? or are there different degrees?

Maybe not neo nazi extreme but she certainly is a bigot. Did you watch that vid?

Gimme 50 million or Imma quit... lol

But nah if you give me 500K+ a year, call me names, make jokes, talk about my ancestors, i don't care, just make sure you don't have hot daughter of age. Imma smang that out and laugh as I collect my pay checks that I've been stashing away for when you find out. Black D*** all in ya spouse again!

Last edited:
Not seeing it and assuming is one thing...flat out hearing it is another. We're talking about the latter and there IS a difference between an assumption and a fact.
Reading comprehension is very low around here.

And:
This is new age NT... you already know most people here value money over dignity

If someone like Chris Paul used his star power to speak out against Sterling's antics, the NBA would definitely have to step in, but until then Sterling just sees Paul's silence as the house negro doing his job.

my boy said the same thing about david stern over the NBA in general. said dude was essentially ol' masa

Last edited:
Oh, come on! You people worked for free for centuries, now you won't take the money?
laugh.gif
Silly *******
mean.gif
indifferent.gif

ur gassing sterlings racism in the first place.  hes an NBA owner for crying out loud stop trying to make him seem like a kkk leader.

exactly and its ppl ignorance or lack of knowing what a racist is, is the issue. far to often ppl lump racism/prejudice/bigotry into some universal term. one thing is certain most if not all ppl are prejudice in some facet. be it because of race, looks, sexuality, social or economical class, nationality etc... but to say everyone at some point has practice, acted in ill will to mistreat/misuse demonize a person based on race superiority is false.

First off not all races or ppl have the power or the position to mistreat/misuse or practice discrimination. Like in this example sterling is in a position to be racist to his players...because one he is in a position of power, well atleast from a employer and economical standpoint to impose his allege disdain on hatred for blacks. Chris Paul, however cannot be racist towards Sterling, he isn't in a position to practice his dislike or hatred for whites (if he had it) he doesn't have the power to act on, or impose his feelings (if he had them against whites) on Sterling.

He could be prejudice, meaning he could have a preconceived notion, or stereotype him based on his perception of whites, and based on that view or interact with him in a different manner. He could be a bigot and believe because of his race, he is superior and feel he is better then him. But what he cant do is be racist because he isn't in a position to impose, deny, restrain, or hold back Sterling in anyway...because of his personal (again this is if he hated whites) beliefs.
:wow: PREACH they don't hear you famb

no

like seriously, Paula Deen used the N word but hired black people, so how racist is she?

but her and her brother berated them with slurs, made them use a separate bathroom, couldn't use the front entrance, etc.
so pretty darn racist

ur gassing sterlings racism in the first place.  hes an NBA owner for crying out loud stop trying to make him seem like a kkk leader.

wat

Last edited:
no

but her and her brother berated them with slurs, made them use a separate bathroom, couldn't use the front entrance, etc.
so pretty darn racist

damn, didn't know.

that is messed up.

no, not if i have to deal with them on the daily

and call it what you want but i already assume most white guys in a position of power are more than likely prejudiced if not out right racist anyway so if it's the CEO of the company and i never even see dude i could careless unless he was actively trying to screw me over or something

and hell no if I'm Chris Paul dude can get paid anywhere

Racist or not the only color that matters at the end of the day is green. Sterling might be racist but look at the NBA as a whole. Majority of players are African Americans, majority of owners and GM's are Caucasian. The courts are just high profile plantations. One rich dudes money vs. another's but but but....we live in America. The power of the dollar trumphs all. Get that 107 million CP, you earned it

Repped.

no

so pretty darn racist

damn, didn't know.

that is messed up.

:wow: yo neither did i! so she hired people under a jim crow contract? :smh: i think this chris paul example because obsolete. would you work under blatantly racist conditions for paula deen?

my dignity and self respect wouldn't really allow me to accept any type of money for continuous dehumanization.

HELL NO.

The hell do I look like allowing some ******* to disrespect me and take it because "the money was right".

Ain't a damn thing "right" about that... PERIOD.

:lol: Now I need to read through this thread and see who would actually take that ****.

exactly and its ppl ignorance or lack of knowing what a racist is, is the issue. far to often ppl lump racism/prejudice/bigotry into some universal term. one thing is certain most if not all ppl are prejudice in some facet. be it because of race, looks, sexuality, social or economical class, nationality etc... but to say everyone at some point has practice, acted in ill will to mistreat/misuse demonize a person based on race superiority is false.

First off not all races or ppl have the power or the position to mistreat/misuse or practice discrimination. Like in this example sterling is in a position to be racist to his players...because one he is in a position of power, well atleast from a employer and economical standpoint to impose his allege disdain on hatred for blacks. Chris Paul, however cannot be racist towards Sterling, he isn't in a position to practice his dislike or hatred for whites (if he had it) he doesn't have the power to act on, or impose his feelings (if he had them against whites) on Sterling.

He could be prejudice, meaning he could have a preconceived notion, or stereotype him based on his perception of whites, and based on that view or interact with him in a different manner. He could be a bigot and believe because of his race, he is superior and feel he is better then him. But what he cant do is be racist because he isn't in a position to impose, deny, restrain, or hold back Sterling in anyway...because of his personal (again this is if he hated whites) beliefs.

This isn't the first time I've seen this line of thinking on NT but I'm honestly curious where it comes from

Being in a position of power or a position to impose one's will is NOT a prerequisite for racism.

dog i wouldnt care how racist a dude is, for a 107 mill he can call me ****** & **** all damn day if he want to

107 millions is so much money.

Talking about stability for generations to come.

I'd do a lot for that much mulah.

Back
Top Bottom