If they were still alive....?

Originally Posted by 2o6

maaan i saw 2pac perform his newest song last weekend

laugh.gif
but MJ no doubt

Originally Posted by KicksforKicks

To the people questioning the Beatles popularity, here is something to think about. In this past decade (2000-2010), the Beatles were the number 2 selling artist behind Em. They outsold MJ, Bob Marley, 2pac, Elvis, Biggie, Jay-z, Nas, Outcast, Mariah Carey, Lil Wayne, Nelly, 50 Cent, Nysnc and any other artist you can think of, and they haven't made a single song in over 40+ years.
Beatles have what I call purchasing fans. The people gotr hooked long before music was being slutted out the way it is today. Other more recently deceased actrs have a higher pecentage of flocking fans though. these younger, moreconcert bound fans flock to events to be a part of thre moment. Ain't no 60 year olds finna pack the Garden man. That %%## is real big dead family
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

To the people questioning the Beatles popularity, here is something to think about. In this past decade (2000-2010), the Beatles were the number 2 selling artist behind Em. They outsold MJ, Bob Marley, 2pac, Elvis, Biggie, Jay-z, Nas, Outcast, Mariah Carey, Lil Wayne, Nelly, 50 Cent, Nysnc and any other artist you can think of, and they haven't made a single song in over 40+ years.
Beatles have what I call purchasing fans. The people gotr hooked long before music was being slutted out the way it is today. Other more recently deceased actrs have a higher pecentage of flocking fans though. these younger, moreconcert bound fans flock to events to be a part of thre moment. Ain't no 60 year olds finna pack the Garden man. That %%## is real big dead family
grin.gif

You really have no idea what you're talking about. You're embarrassing yourself at this point.

Originally Posted by babyface34

Not to discount the impact of the Beatles, but No. Michael Jackson. Tickets to this man's shows at the O2 in London sold out within an hour. People of all age groups & races from all over the globe were buying those tickets. LAST YEAR! Festival seating at football stadiums, men/women/boys/girls crying hysterically & fainting, city blocks shut down for hotel security.....all from 1 man.

ya acting like The Beatles cant do that.

I know plenty of young people that are into The Beatles.

and The Beatles would of sold out O2 in less than 10 minutes.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Not to discount the impact of the Beatles, but No. Michael Jackson. Tickets to this man's shows at the O2 in London sold out within an hour. People of all age groups & races from all over the globe were buying those tickets. LAST YEAR! Festival seating at football stadiums, men/women/boys/girls crying hysterically & fainting, city blocks shut down for hotel security.....all from 1 man.

Mind you, Michael was still breathing when said shows sold out, basically in the Beatles backyard. We all know of plenty of people that are into Michael Jackson. The Beatles probably would sell out the O2 in 10 minutes, because they're supposed to. Why do you think when people describe celebrity mob scenes these days, they liken it to the Beatles or Elvis? Because nothing compared to the mass hysteria a Michael Jackson appearance generated. The Beatles were obviously HUGE, to say the least, and they have my respect, but I think MJ's impact was felt in places in this world that other artists could only dream of reaching.

Why do you think when people describe celebrity mob scenes these days,they liken it to the Beatles or Elvis? Because nothing compared to themass hysteria a Michael Jackson appearance generated.

What? 
roll.gif

Mind you, Michael was still breathing when said shows sold out, basically in the Beatles backyard. We all know of plenty of people that are into Michael Jackson. The Beatles probably would sell out the O2 in 10 minutes, because they're supposed to. Why do you think when people describe celebrity mob scenes these days, they liken it to the Beatles or Elvis? Because nothing compared to the mass hysteria a Michael Jackson appearance generated. The Beatles were obviously HUGE, to say the least, and they have my respect, but I think MJ's impact was felt in places in this world that other artists could only dream of reaching.
So you're going to dismiss their draw because you think they're expected to?

Beautiful argument.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

So you're going to dismiss their draw because you think they're expected to?

Beautiful argument.
Who is arguing? "The Beatles - Live in London". Ok.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

grin.gif

You really have no idea what you're talking about. You're embarrassing yourself at this point.
You really dont.....The dead still sell out places every time they tour sold out the forum something like three nights in a row.. So a dead artist with fans of that age would definetly be going...

by dead i ment grateful dead

Michael Jackson has sold the most records while being alive. The Beatles would come in 2nd. Elvis 3rd. Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix were "underappreciated" while they were alive. By this, I mean, they sold more records AFTER their death, than when they were alive. MJ is the most "modern" artist on this list, and has the biggest following (record sales speak for themselves) The Beatles were the most influential/controversial. Elvis "created" Rock n Roll. Bob Marley has the biggest reach (worldwide), Hendrix was the single best guitar player ever. You never know, you can only guess, cuz it'll never happen

It has to be The Beatles. They have a larger age range of fans than MJ does, and the impact they had on music during their time was larger than Jackson's, IMO. The magnitude of Lennon's assassination (which was much more shocking and unexpected than Jackson's death) alone is enough for people to want to go to a concert where he would be alive.

You think people of the older generation wouldn't go to a Beatles concert now? My parents would attend that in a heartbeat, and they're pushing 60.

Back
Top Bottom