If 'Ye Was To Die Tonight, Where Would You Rank Him?

Ye has put out great music but realistically he's not top 20. Anything after that is debatable.

Originally Posted by mace40

So now we're doing this rating %$+! based off of artists' hypothetical deaths?

This ranking rampage has been out of hand for awhile now, but this is just stupid.

roll.gif

Dude shouldn't be high on any list. He's a sub-par rapper that makes exceptional beats.
As far as artists goes, if people really know their music, he shouldn't be sniffing top anything. I don't see how he can be mentioned with people likePrince, John Lennon, Hendrix, Marley, etc.
And as far as rappers goes I don't feel like that needs to be explained.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

I've never liked anybody's music and approach more. So, #1...

(This is not his rank in the "Greatest Rapper" discussion. But as a person making music, he's #1)

Yep, Kanye is a musical genius. #1 without a doubt and I think anybody who doesn't agree is a god damn fool

Originally Posted by mossman75

A person like him with one good album(college dropout) Semi weak(Late Registration) & two wack(Graduation & 808s & Heartbreak) shouldn't be ranked in the top 50
There it is.................

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by M16

323rd
Let me guess Vinnie Paz is number 1 right......
indifferent.gif

Not even close.
Nah man it's Gucci Mane for you, right?
alien.gif

Kanye is easily top 5 in terms of what he has brought to hip-hop...

- one of the first rappers after the late 90's to successfully rap about something other than drugs/money/girls
- better MUSICIAN than any rapper that's ever lived... dude has an incredible knowledge of sampling, harmonies, etc...
- IMO his worst album is Graduation but that's debatable... however there's no denying you were hooked on College Dropout and a multitude of tracksafter that, including Love Lockdown and Heartless (two of the most radical songs we've heard since when?)

Look past the character flaws... he is possibly the best single producer ever, AND a decent rapper? Winner.

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Re: If 'Ye Was To Die Tonight, Where Would You Rank Him?
Don't even say that.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Old Ye top 10
New Ye top 50
indifferent.gif

"New" Kanye being?

Graduation & 808s is new 'Ye. The 'Old Ye might be before he got on, the 'Ye that was dope on I'm Good/Freshmen Adjustmentmixtapes
How can you whimsically say that?

Mace is right this ranking shh is not just overrated it needs to be obsolete

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by M16

323rd
Let me guess Vinnie Paz is number 1 right......
indifferent.gif

Not even close.
Nah man it's Gucci Mane for you, right?
alien.gif

- one of the first rappers after the late 90's to successfully rap about something other than drugs/money/girls
- better MUSICIAN than any rapper that's ever lived... dude has an incredible knowledge of sampling, harmonies, etc...
- IMO his worst album is Graduation but that's debatable... however there's no denying you were hooked on College Dropout and a multitude of tracks after that, including Love Lockdown and Heartless (two of the most radical songs we've heard since when?)

Look past the character flaws... he is possibly the best single producer ever, AND a decent rapper? Winner.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mossman75

A person like him with one good album(college dropout) Semi weak(Late Registration) & two wack(Graduation & 808s & Heartbreak) shouldn't be ranked in the top 50

Rapping? Top 50.

Production wise? Top 10.

Overall artist in hip hip? Top 5 DOA.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

#1 rap artist to debut after the year 2000 imo
That's like being the tallest ******.................................. Who cares?

80's,90's to now each era was totally different. For the now Kanye is #1. Hate it or love it that emo rap has changed the rap game & the artist init.

Originally Posted by sonunox34

- IMO his worst album is Graduation but that's debatable... however there's no denying you were hooked on College Dropout and a multitude of tracks after that, including Love Lockdown and Heartless (two of the most radical songs we've heard since when?)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom