If You Are Looking for/Interested In Working With The Federal Government...Come In. Positions Availa

KSAs

As a logistics staff noncommissioned officer for CIF assigned responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating the operation of the Central Issue Facility.  Performs technical supply management work involved in documentary and fiscal control of the requisitioning receipt, storage, issue, inventory, transfer, and turn in of OCIE supplies and equipment.

Responsible for maintaining accountable records for the USAG-Y, Central Issue Facility.  Performs technical work involving assisting the Accountable officer in managing and regulation control over OCIE supplies and equipment; prepares turn-ins/request and other transaction documents for equipment authorization if property and not authorized, incumbent must request and make corrective actions when necessary, maintains transaction registers, supports document files, and conducts posting to property accountable records. Assists in expediting researches in responses to OCIE available assets to meet customers ‘unit requirement.  Prepares requests and submission to Central Warehouse for special requirements, lateral transfers, inventories, and required reports.  Also was placed on orders from June 2016 to Aug 2016 to assist with operation in the CIF warehouse.

As Equipment and Parts Sergeant ensures that inventories and location surveys are performed in accordance with established procedures; instructs warehouse personnel in loading, unloading, segregation, dunnage, palletizing, and selection of stock and storage areas; performs property disposal storage functions; ensures application of special procedures for handling, storing, packing, and shipping, retrograde material: retrieves and analyzes history and activity files pertinent to system rejected documents; recommends additions and deletions to authorized stock list.  

As Equipment and Parts Sergeant while on orders received an Army Achievement Medal for outstanding performance during the Command Maintenance Evaluation inspection.  

Establish and maintain stock records and other documents such as inventory, material control, accounting, and supply reports.  Review and verify quantities received against bills of contracts, purchase requests and shipping documents. Unload, unpack, count, segregate, and palletize, and store incoming supplies and equipment.  Construct bins, shelving, and other storage aids.  Simplify and standardize the collection and use of maintenance data.  Raise the quality and accuracy of performance, cost and parts data through improved maintenance management.

Camp Beauregard is small and the city is small too but it's chill there. I've done a few training and AT there. Congrats not sure if you already live in Louisiana.

Camp Beauregard is small and the city is small too but it's chill there. I've done a few training and AT there. Congrats not sure if you already live in Louisiana.
yea I live in Lafayette, I drill at Camp Beauregard already...... Pineville is pretty chill compared to southeastern louisiana.

what unit you with? I was with the 256th Infantry Brigade/Echo Company 199th out of Jeanerette, LA for about 9 years....

Last edited:
GS too, I see you. There's been a few GS opportunities open up, but once you get passed all the veteran preference it's impossible to get them plus some I am not even eligible to apply for. I'd basically have to be name selected ahead of time by the person who was creating the job before they did it. Few 7s but that's like almost $30k cut, couldn't do that anyways.

pretty much^ what happened with me one of my superiors who I work with put in a word for me....

explain to me these GS classifications....kinda lost

I had to quit my GS job a few weeks ago and picked up a private gig last week. I was an Army intern and the Army was trying to send me to the middle of nowhere in Texas. I'm from Houston, live in DC and not prepared to go back to Texas. My boss was Air Force and she is currently trying to bring me back as an Air Force employee. Crazy thing is that she is from the same area the Army was trying to send me.

Where, Ft Hood (Killeen) or Ft Bliss (El Paso)?

Been traveling the last 3+ months and haven't had my laptop or much cell service besides hotels and such. Heading into OKC today my man. I've only passed through previously, ate at Braums and cruised through Tulsa/Norman.

About to make an evening out of it I think on my way back to DC and then Brooklyn.

ah man living the life^ last time I went to okc was to see kevin hart's stand up..... okc version of the riverwalk is pretty nice...

I have a question... I'm starting this GS-9 position pretty soon does this give me leverage and experience to apply to other federal gigs in the future?

So I just got a call for a interview for a supply tech job in new Orleans..... Situation I never started the other job yet its a temp job should I take the one in new Orleans or camp beaguard? I stay 2 hrs and some change from new Orleans about an hr from pineville

is anyone familiar with GIS? Just began my upper division courses at university. was wondering if there are any government sectors that you guys might know about that hire geographers that specialize in GIS.

I know there are positions, just asking if you know anyone personally.

is anyone familiar with GIS? Just began my upper division courses at university. was wondering if there are any government sectors that you guys might know about that hire geographers that specialize in GIS.

I know there are positions, just asking if you know anyone personally.

@ElderWatsonDiggs would know .

Anybody work with HBSS updates/IAVAs? Had some former coworkers, dude didn't even have I.T experience but got on our contract and we made him the AV guy, suddenly got an 11 working on this different Government network they put the training on called the Dren, just specifically pushing HBSS updates. Then after doing that for less than a month, dude gets a TS requiring higher level (GS13 i think) job in Florida and another coworker of mine takes his spot. I mean I deal with it latently as it's part of our help desk duties, remediating IAVAs, pushing updates and packages through SCCM and ePo, but I was shocked **** is so lucrative

I'm leaning towards that but I keep thinking its a temp job for a year why pass up a permanent position even if it is gs-6 spot

Because the salary from a 6 to 9 is a decent amount of money. Also why would you want a lower gs job. You want to go up not down in gs grades. After you work the 9 for a year you could possibly be eligible for an 11 position, or they could bring you on full time as a 9. You have to think long term not short when it comes to your career.

Last edited:
Yea take tha 9 bruh. Even if it's only temporary, getting in there even in just 6 months you can easily make some contacts, opportunities open up and someone wants to bring you into their permanent 9 or 11, plus there's jobs you can only apply to if you're already a GS so unless you suck (and even then really), I don't think you'll have any trouble staying at least at that same 9 level and permanent at least if not getting into an 11.

Back
Top Bottom