If you could redo college, what would you major in?

To all the Nters that finished college who are living the good life, stable life or even hating their situation right now. Would you tell your college self to switch majors? Why? Honestly I just want opinions on what to major in.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I would have double majored in Business and some language. Engineering really wasn't for me.

Is there a benefit to majoring in a language as compared to just taking courses in college and mastering it that way? Like does having a major in Spanish have a major difference compared to just taking a lot of Spanish classes in college?

Biochemisty
Mechanical Engineering
Statistics/ Math

Science is where it's at now.

Science girls 
pimp.gif

graphic design...instead of marketing...marketing you can read about in a few books and have it covered...then you just need some real life experience. With design I'd be able to use all the computer programs I can't right now as good as I'd like so instead I'm stuck doing tutorials.

Advice if you are thinking about business degrees.... learn something technical/computer based. Basic concepts like marketing/management/accounting(to an extent)etc will generally be the same but you need to have skills to create given the tools we have.

I don't know. I was kinda interested in Mathematics, but I'm not sure if I'm cut out for that life.

Majored in Finance, by the way.
ohwell.gif

Transferring to Queens College in the fall so I have a new slate to start on, but I wish from the jump I would've majored in International Studies or something of that nature. Money made me major in Finance, but I should've been going after power. 
laugh.gif
 .. You live and you learn. 
happy.gif

i didnt graduated yet, but only have 18 units left to take. If i could redo college, ill go with Accounting//Business.

I'm 30 and will be finishing my nursing degree in May of this year. I've changed my major six times since I got out of high school, so to answer your question, I would have went into nursing right away.
The hours are amazing and you make really good money. There is a ton of stress and you're probably overworked 90% of the time, but its worth it.

1) Film Production w/minor in a science
2) Mechanical Engineering w/minor in film
3) Physics w/minor in film

Would've chose them in that order.

mrkittles20 wrote:
I'm 30 and will be finishing my nursing degree in May of this year. I've changed my major six times since I got out of high school, so to answer your question, I would have went into nursing right away.
The hours are amazing and you make really good money. There is a ton of stress and you're probably overworked 90% of the time, but its worth it.

eek.gif
wordd
did you not know what you wanted to be when you were 18 too?
laugh.gif

nursing doesnt sound half bad either
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by mrkittles20

I'm considering going back to school for this as well. Did you attend a Junior College, Trade school or university? How difficult are the courses
and the program acceptance? Sorry just curious
grin.gif

I'd probably still do journalism. Now that I've been out of college almost six years, it still amazes me many people are so bad at spelling, grammar, etc. I've always been good with that stuff, but actually pursuing a major where spelling mistakes meant an automatic F on an assignment will change some habits quickly. I don't know, I've just been able to apply a lot of what I learned, even if I'm not actually working full time for a publication (I write on the side).

Originally Posted by WaitWut

mrkittles20 wrote:

eek.gif
wordd
did you not know what you wanted to be when you were 18 too?
laugh.gif

nursing doesnt sound half bad either
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
I'm 23 and sort of like you.  Bio -> Econ -> Business -> Business Econ (sorta) -> Architecture -> International Studies.  If I could, I would go straight for architecture.  I had to go with IS because my stepdad made me since architecture takes so long (parents pay for education, and I definitely cannot afford to pay myself through a UC).

Back
Top Bottom