"If you didn't vote, then you can't have an opinion"

I don't understand this logic. Just because someone doesn't vote, they're not allowed to speak their mind? Sounds like people are on the "Ivote and you didn't so I can say stuff but you cant" elitist tip. Also, it seems hypocritical because people are all for free speech but now there arequalifiers for it.

Originally Posted by calculator1200

I don't understand this logic. Just because someone doesn't vote, they're not allowed to speak their mind? Sounds like people are on the "I vote and you didn't so I can say stuff but you cant" elitist tip. Also, it seems hypocritical because people are all for free speech but now there are qualifiers for it.

It has nothing to do with free speech.

It's about you not doing a damn thing about the situation you're in. If you can sit there and complain about about something you can do somethingabout but choose to do nothing, then that's your bad.

Person B is owning Person A in a political argument

Person A: Hey, wait are u even voting?
Person B: No, I live in a red state and it doesn't change the fact that I'm owning you in this argument
Person A: Haha no you're not since ur not voting and I am. Your opinion doesn't matter since ur not voting. I win lulz

The thing that gets me is, by this logic, do you have no place to complain if you vote for a guy and he screws up?

then it dont matter then do it?

but lets say you didnt, nobodys saying that you cant voice your opinion but if you have a chance to make your opinion count and you didnt its hard for peopleto want to listen to you.

walk the walk do wat you feel is right then talk the talk dont talk the talk and when it comes time to walk you dont.

thread

I don't get it either especially when you live in a state where your vote has no significance in the outcome. If it was based on popular votes then thisargument would have validity.

I notice a lot of people do that with minors.
"Oh, you're not even old enough to vote yet. You can't possibly understand anything about politics or have political view yaadah yaadah"

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I don't understand this logic. Just because someone doesn't vote, they're not allowed to speak their mind? Sounds like people are on the "I vote and you didn't so I can say stuff but you cant" elitist tip. Also, it seems hypocritical because people are all for free speech but now there are qualifiers for it.

It's about you not doing a damn thing about the situation you're in. If you can sit there and complain about about something you can do something about but choose to do nothing, then that's your bad.
Wait, you actually agree with that way of thinking? There are tons of people who aren't voting that have much more knowledge on the issuesthan the life-long republican racist who's voting for McCain and doesn't know a damn thing besides Obama's a muslim terrorist and is going to makeamerica a communist nation.

There are people who aren't voting that know much more than the black guy who knows nothing about McCain and is voting for Obama because he's abrother.

Just because you're voting, doesn't give you a special privilege to voice your opinion. If you don't plan on voting, but you still know bothcandidates top to bottom, you certainly have a right to engage into a debate about the candidates.

And just because you're voting, it doesn't mean that you actually know the issues or what the hell you're voting for.

It's about you not doing a damn thing about the situation you're in. If you can sit there and complain about about something you can do something about but choose to do nothing, then that's your bad.
That's wrong, you can choose not to vote but fight for a more effective party for communities across the states. There's many politicalactivist who are doing more for rights then people are voting this year i can tell you that much.

What I believe that by not voting I am representing what I think of the candidates and the sham that is the two party system is?

Originally Posted by Isiah Heaven

That's wrong, you can choose not to vote but fight for a more effective party for communities across the states. There's many political activist who are doing more for rights then people are voting this year i can tell you that much.
but can you vote them president? no! you are given two choices and if you don't choose one who you think is gonna better your situation thenyou are doing NOTHING...

Basically, it's because you have an opinion, but you won't voice it, so what point is there to have that opinion. Then when something goes wrong, youcomplain, but you did nothing to help the situation at all.

I like how you said, "if you can.." and "...choose to do nothing"

FYI not everyone can Vote. they can still voice their opinions
(non-us citizens)

people say this because it emphasizes the term a closed mouth doesn't get fed. If you as a person have issues you would like addressed and you dont vote,why would those running for office be concerned with you and your issues? If you have no vote/voice why would those in power be concerned with you and youropinions? Bottom line, if politicians can't get you vote, they more than likely can't get to your issues

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Person B is owning Person A in a political argument

Person A: Hey, wait are u even voting?
Person B: [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No, I live in a red state[/color] and it doesn't change the fact that I'm owning you in this argument
Person A: Haha no you're not since ur not voting and I am. Your opinion doesn't matter since ur not voting. I win lulz
Lulz the only thing on the ballots is presidency
tongue.gif
smh.gif
So, you're just gonna give up on your state? It's peoplelike you whole make some states uncompetitive for their party. Your decision to vote or not vote will affect the upcoming election by trends even if you'reparty doesn't win the state. I live in Texas and I vote every damn time (once
smile.gif
).Can you imagine what Texas votes would look like if more people had your logic?

Ok, I get what you're saying. However, this type of logic ASSUMES that the only way you can better the situation is by voting. I believe inthe democratic process as much as the next guy except there are other ways to better the situation.

I'd say, you are always entitled to your opinion. Its just if you don't vote, you don't have a valid one.

So what happens if a person doesn't see anyone they want to vote for? I guess that lesser of two evils will be the answer.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Isiah Heaven

That's wrong, you can choose not to vote but fight for a more effective party for communities across the states. There's many political activist who are doing more for rights then people are voting this year i can tell you that much.
but can you vote them president? no! you are given two choices and if you don't choose one who you think is gonna better your situation then you are doing NOTHING...
That type of mentally is the same reason marcus gravy, malcolm x, and many other fighters are rolling in their graves. You expect people who wantmore change to sit back and accept something they dont agree on? your being useless to this country if you want to look threw that view. I'm simply statingeveryone wants to talk politics because it's election time but when the dust clears they will be somewear not even caring about social issues or even theirown communtiy for that matter but the many community activist who rather fight for a other party will be doing more then them.

Originally Posted by cesarhpr1986

I like how you said, "if you can.." and "...choose to do nothing"

FYI not everyone can Vote. they can still voice their opinions
(non-us citizens)
Wait.

You can complain all you want. You can blog it. You can write it on your grandma's underwear (the big *** ones) with period blood. You can shout itfrom the mountain tops using a microphone connected to DJ Kool Herc's Herculoids.

But when you step to me all opinionated about issues and say "but yeah, I didn't vote", then what are we really talking about?

Having an opinion is easy. Everyone is entitled to those. But when you're opinionated and constantly complaining but take no action whats so ever?I'm not with that.

There are tons of people who aren't voting that have much more knowledge on the issues than the life-long republican racist who's voting for McCain and doesn't know a damn thing besides Obama's a muslim terrorist and is going to make american communist.

There are people who aren't voting that know much more than the black guy who knows nothing about McCain and is voting for Obama because he's a brother.

The voter turn out in the U.S. last election was 43% (Europe averages in the high 70's!). What are the other 57% of voters in the U.S. doing to help ourcountry? I dont see them working with a more effective party to do anything. Youre telling me the smarter more educated people let Bush reign over us this longbecause they knew better?

There is no excuse not to vote.

Back
Top Bottom