If You Ever Said The Spurs Were Boring To Watch Kill Yourself

[h1]NBA Playoffs: Thunder/Spurs Game 1 Third-Highest Rated Conference Final Opener Since ’02[/h1]

Highest Rated Game 1s of the NBA Conference Finals
Past decade
* Does not include Monday’s Celtics/Heat Game 1

http://www.sportsmediawat...e-final-opener-since-02/

f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

As always, downtown San Antonio will be swarmed by cholos and cholas with ugly tattoos giving each other high fives IF they win the championship..... I sure do miss living in Chicago in the 90s
tired.gif

Originally Posted by NY Mavurs

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

I'd say the most boring Spurs teams was when Richard Jefferson was on the roster. I follow every team in the NBA and the Spurs have been the most exciting to watch for me because all they do is simply execute most of the time and Tim Duncan is my favorite player. That 7 game series with Detroit was very exciting IMO because of the defensive juggernauts they had on each team. I don't understand how people say they were boring when all this time Tim Duncan was using just about every post move you can think of and ways Ginobili and Parker would just attack the rim with grace and finish. Call them boring all you want and keep saying how they never made back to back finals, because at the end of the day my favorite player will have 5 rings by the end of this year while your favorite player today has.......
laugh.gif

Hi.

Spoiler [+]
url

Congratulations buddy! Your favorite player, who is entertaining, has one more ring than the boring Spurs which means you made my point even more
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And at the end of next month could have the same amount!

Huh? I don't get it. What the hell are you laughing so hard at?

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

I sure do miss living in Chicago in the 90s
tired.gif
tired.gif
Feel you breh

I moved out to CA in 2000. The Bay is plagued by fair-weather fans

Hi.

Spoiler [+]
url

Congratulations buddy! Your favorite player, who is entertaining, has one more ring than the boring Spurs which means you made my point even more
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

At the end of the day who cares if your entertaining if you are still winning.....I know it's hard for you to get a joke after what Kobe went through the past 2 years

Originally Posted by Big J 33

If you said that for this season, then you're wrong.

Some of the Spurs teams the past few years have been boring, though.
Pretty much. Everyone that really enjoys basketball has been enjoying the Spurs play.

You see Twitter Tuesday night? @$*# was bonkers.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

At the end of the day who cares if your entertaining if you are still winning.....I know it's hard for you to get a joke after what Kobe went through the past 2 years

But you made no points... what points did you make? I bolded your statement about how Duncan will have 5 rings while your favorite player has....
laugh.gif

My player also has 5 rings, so what point did you make? Did I say he was entertaining? Did I say he was boring? Did I say he has no rings?

So again... what point did you make? EXPLAIN IT TO ME GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Um they were.

Just not anymore. They have a faster offense, but part of it is also the "their legs should be snapping in half but they're not" factor.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

memphisboi55 wrote:

Ghenges wrote:

[h3] If You Ever Said The Spurs Were Boring To Watch Kill Yourself [/h3]

They we're, though... since we are talking past tense.

*Funny how this dude makes the thread after they drop 120.

That's how sports forums work. Whenever a player/team has a great/horrible game, someone makes a thread to exploit the status quo and strike while the iron is hot based on whether he likes/hates that player/team.

Still nowhere near as bad here as it is on Insidehoops where moderators don't pay any attention whatsoever to trolling and flame wars.
sick.gif

Am I the only one that doesn't find ANY type of basketball boring?

Bill Simmons always preaches NEVER to watch the 2005 NBA Finals between the Pistons/Spurs. He says those game tapes should be burned. Hell, I would love to see those again. Sheed still at the peak of his game almost, Rip in his prime, Pistons going for a repeat, Bruce Bowen's defense, series went 7 games.... there's stuff to love in every series.

Maybe it's just because no brand of basketball outside of the WNBA gets annoying to me.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Bill Simmons always preaches NEVER to watch the 2005 NBA Finals between the Pistons/Spurs. He says those game tapes should be burned. Hell, I would love to see those again. Sheed still at the peak of his game almost, Rip in his prime, Pistons going for a repeat, Bruce Bowen's defense, series went 7 games.... there's stuff to love in every series.

Maybe it's just because no brand of basketball outside of the WNBA gets annoying to me.

Agreed!  That Pistons/Spurs series was the definition of "grind it out." 

I still remember that game six thread. Classic
laugh.gif

Agreed. I just love the game. Doesn't matter if it's a shootout or a defensive struggle.

That DET/SAS series was very entertaining to me.

Back
Top Bottom