If you had the choice, which championship, title, etc would you like to win?

nobody will make excuses like "oh, you rode ____ coattails to the championship", because you did it all yourself.

who cares?

you're not getting paid as an olympian. any major pro sport would work so i'll go with my fav nba chip.

How is the world's most popular sport going to have the worst trophy? That world cup trophy is
sick.gif
. Looks like chocolate wrapped in foil. it's tiny to boot.

Exactly, WORLD CUP!
If you bring the cup to your country = LEGEND + HERO + SUPERSTAR + BEST AMONG ALL (at least for that time being) + MONEY + FAME + SPONSORSHIPS, etc.

didnt some player from columbia get killed because he made a own goal during the world cup?

World Cup is serious business

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

nobody will make excuses like "oh, you rode ____ coattails to the championship", because you did it all yourself.

who cares?

you're not getting paid as an olympian. any major pro sport would work so i'll go with my fav nba chip.

How is the world's most popular sport going to have the worst trophy? That world cup trophy is
sick.gif
. Looks like chocolate wrapped in foil. it's tiny to boot.

Really? I think the WC trophy is awesome. In fact, it's over 9000.

Originally Posted by indohan

Exactly, WORLD CUP!
If you bring the cup to your country = LEGEND + HERO + SUPERSTAR + BEST AMONG ALL (at least for that time being) + MONEY + FAME + SPONSORSHIPS, etc.

exactly what i was going to say
pimp.gif

and i like the way the trophy looks
pimp.gif

"Chocolate wrap in foil"? LOL. You ate too much chocolate when you were young, son.
Who doesn't want a 36cm, 18 carat gold trophy? 18 carat for 36cm.. Only ******s don't want it.

At first I was going to say the SuperBowl, but that other dude up there is right Heavyweight Champ of the world like a Mike Tyson type sh..

Money FTW

it would all come down to either the world series, ncaa basketball championship, or bcs title

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Gold medal in an individual sport.

Seriously there isn't enough love for the individual accolades. You win, it's all you and all to yourself.
pimp.gif

That's why I chose tennis. That and it's more recognized than the Olympic sports/athletes on a regular basis.
Exactly, WORLD CUP!

Except in the US. We don't care about soccer that much. I suspect any World Cup glory would last a couple of weeks and then fall off. I alsodon't see a ton of sponsorships from US markets.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Gold medal in an individual sport.

Seriously there isn't enough love for the individual accolades. You win, it's all you and all to yourself.
pimp.gif

That's why I chose tennis. That and it's more recognized than the Olympic sports/athletes on a regular basis.
Exactly, WORLD CUP!

Except in the US. We don't care about soccer that much. I suspect any World Cup glory would last a couple of weeks and then fall off. I also don't see a ton of sponsorships from US markets.

Soccer doesn't really exist in the U.S. The level of play is pathetic so in this hypothetical scenario one would try to get a dual citizenship inanother country

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

I suspect any World Cup glory would last a couple of weeks and then fall off. I also don't see a ton of sponsorships from US markets.
I really doubt that. When the U.S. won the women's World Cup, there was mad hype and that was a much, much smaller event. Since winning theWorld Cup would increase the popularity of soccer in the U.S. in itself, no doubt would a World Cup victory be hyped for more than a couple of weeks. Americanslove nothing more than bragging to the rest of the world how good they are, and winning the World Cup would be the ultimate bragging, since soccer is theultimate international sport, the biggest in the world hands down.

You win the World Cup and you're a legend forever. Sure, winning a championship in one of the U.S. sports is great too, but not as much as winning theWorld Cup. If you win the World Cup, you have bragging rights for the rest of your life. I mean, just look at how hyped England's 1966 World Cup winningteam is. It has been over 40 years and every guy from that team is a legend and a national hero, dead or alive.

wwe championship belt
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but seriously, id agree with Stringer Bell and want the World Heavyweight Champion boxing belt. i'd have an unbelieveable swagger boost knowing that i canprolly beat the crap outta everybody on the planet.

IMO just purely based on the trophy I'd take the Stanley Cup home and plus you get your name engraved on the trophy. But winning the World Cup and havingthat title for 4 years is really appealing as well.

The Superbowl... it has the biggest viewing audience and your chances of getting an endorsement offer are
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom