If you have ever battled poor self image/self esteem...

Embrace your looks and just focus on being successful, there are plenty or rich ugly mofos that get poon daily...

Some girls dont even care about looks brah, u just gotta have great communication skills and be funny

OP you seem to care too much about what people have to say about you. Don't let anyone put you down. Rise above that.

i know it sounds very cliche, but you mentioned buying new clothes/kicks etc.

if you don't love yourself, it wont matter what t shirt you're wearing brah.

take some time out your day, and make a list of what you perceive to be your positives and negatives. then take your negatives and look at what you can and can't change. change what you can, accept what you can't. spending less time worrying about things outside of your control and more time fixing things you can control will make your life much more enjoyable. keep your head up.

Last edited:
Embrace your looks and just focus on being successful, there are plenty or rich ugly mofos that get poon daily...

Some girls dont even care about looks brah, u just gotta have great communication skills and be funny

Truth. Gotta make up for it in other ways.

You just have to work with what you have fam. Play to your strengths. Everybody has something. You just have to find that one thing you have that you can polish to a shine that brightens everything else. Nobody is perfect, even the 'pretty' people are nuts. We all have our pluses and minuses. The difference is we've accepted our weaknesses, and focused on our strengths. That's where self acceptance comes from. There has to be something about yourself you like. And if there isn't, create something. That's the beauty of life. At any given time, I mean any time, right now, you can absolutely change the course of your life by simply deciding to do things different. You're working out? Keep working out. Tighten up that diet. Do you read? If not, invest in books. Books got me through a lot. And taught me more. Watch movies. Listen to music. Take in the arts. Do you have friends? Hang out with them. If you don't, make some. It's really easy. I've literally been making maaaaaaad friends lately, simply by changing my approach, its really easy to do. Smile more. People love smiles. Happy people are attracted to happy people. My blood type is Be positive. I have faith you'll get it together, we all go through slumps. The key is just to keep going. Don't give in to the negative thoughts, don't let up on chasing that happiness. It's out there, trust me.

Peaks and Valleys, life is made of peaks and valleys. Never get too high, never get to low. You'll be fine. As long as you're in the game, you have a chance to win the game. Hit my pm if you wanna talk. That goes for all of you guys.

i never cringed looking at myself but i had 0 confidence until i turned like 21 :lol: you gotta just realize that this is your life and you're here to enjoy the planet and help make it a better place. don't care about your looks or any of that nonsense, be yourself, realize your positive qualities, adjust the negative and from that point on focus on what will make you your best.

how you hold yourself matters much more than how you look.

Being rich and successful is all that matters to me anymore

I have been told. But people confuse my projection of confidence as arrogance and it got me nowhere so I stopped being confident if that makes sense
Like I said, somebody will find you attractive regardless of what people say. You gotta get thick skin toward that type of **** b. What kind of personality do you have? You an outgoing guy? Funny dude? Or you quiet?

I know. I blew it with two beautiful women in my life. If skin color aint a problem most dudes would be glad to have em. I was just too thirsty. At the time I was virgin and just wanted it so bad. I kick myself so much for both of them. Second girl more because her personality was so on point

Funny but not the type of humor that appeals to everyone. Outgoing to those who know me but quiet if I don't know you and don't care to.

Last edited:
i know it sounds very cliche, but you mentioned buying new clothes/kicks etc.

if you don't love yourself, it wont matter what t shirt you're wearing brah.

take some time out your day, and make a list of what you perceive to be your positives and negatives. then take your negatives and look at what you can and can't change. change what you can, accept what you can't. spending less time worrying about things outside of your control and more time fixing things you can control will make your life much more enjoyable. keep your head up.

I know. I was assuming someone was going to say "get your style game up" or something along those lines. I have gotten that before but I feel I am usually the best dressed guy in the room.

You just have to work with what you have fam. Play to your strengths. Everybody has something. You just have to find that one thing you have that you can polish to a shine that brightens everything else. Nobody is perfect, even the 'pretty' people are nuts. We all have our pluses and minuses. The difference is we've accepted our weaknesses, and focused on our strengths. That's where self acceptance comes from. There has to be something about yourself you like. And if there isn't, create something. That's the beauty of life. At any given time, I mean any time, right now, you can absolutely change the course of your life by simply deciding to do things different. You're working out? Keep working out. Tighten up that diet. Do you read? If not, invest in books. Books got me through a lot. And taught me more. Watch movies. Listen to music. Take in the arts. Do you have friends? Hang out with them. If you don't, make some. It's really easy. I've literally been making maaaaaaad friends lately, simply by changing my approach, its really easy to do. Smile more. People love smiles. Happy people are attracted to happy people. My blood type is Be positive. I have faith you'll get it together, we all go through slumps. The key is just to keep going. Don't give in to the negative thoughts, don't let up on chasing that happiness. It's out there, trust me.

Peaks and Valleys, life is made of peaks and valleys. Never get too high, never get to low. You'll be fine. As long as you're in the game, you have a chance to win the game. Hit my pm if you wanna talk. That goes for all of you guys.

Making friends is easy to me. But I really only want real friends. Most dudes aint real so I don't keep em. Rather have no friends than fake ones.

After I graduated I try to keep in touch with some but it is like they wanted nothing to do with me anymore so I have to look again but right now I am more focused on passing the CPA exam

Last edited:
As long as your momma thinks your handsome then that's all that matters.
I'm ugly and think i can pipe more skeezers if me & gosling had a deathmatch.

Man something that helped me was just working with the public. Im in sales and had a self confidence issue as well, but once you get on the sales floor and start hitting them with that game on your products it just flows. Then I just applied it to everyday life by selling myself and the features that make me a great guy. Your looks may not get em at first, but the confidence that you have when you walk, talk, look at people will shine and people will see it and gravitate to you.

My grandmother told my to always keep your head up and chest out when walking. That one small change may be the first step to helping confidence. If someones talking #$%#, just look at them and laugh. Once they see that head drop its over and they wont stop. Display confidence even when you arent eventually it will emerge.

We all do OP, and that's the s*** that makes life so interesting... You hold the key to your problem, and that's the best part man. You gotta change your mindset first. You are a boss. Stop caring about what other people think and just focus on the battle that you have internally.

Have a friend dealing with this right now.

Go to the doctor. Go to a therapist/psychiatrist/psychologist.

Get meds if they are necessary.

what he said

and

Avoid this at all costs. Fixing an issue within yourself by depending on drugs is a terrible idea if avoidable.

Meds are the very last option. Yes it is an option but should be avoided at all costs until it is literally the only thing left to do.

Once you start meds for this type of problem getting off them will either be very hard or impossible.

I've never been very confident but that whole "fake it till you make it" thing does work. I got my hands on a fairly large amount of money on my 18th and spoiled myself thoroughly for a year (I'm 19 now). It can be argued as a waste of money but I tend to view it as an investment in my future. As superficial as this may sound I have a lot of designer clothing now, a Rolex, ... and I'm a lot more confident in general. I'm genuinely very happy too.

For me, when I started lifting I started to gain a lot of confidence. I'm really skinny so packing on some muscle really helped me. Also I started to pay attention to what clothes I wore. Having a good fashion sense can help your appearance tremendously(and you can show off your strengths by what clothes you wear). And just getting fresh haircuts more often(every 2-3 weeks for me).

^^ The "fake it till you make it" comment above me is also an awesome idea. I had a friend that was always smiling no matter if we had class at 6 in the morning or had to stay up till 4 am to study. So I asked her "how are you this happy all the time? Your always smiling!" and she said "fake it till you make it buddy" So I tried it (well smiling more) and it actually worked so I recommend it. Even if you just start your day with laughter just laughing for 5 minutes straight(I know it sounds really dumb just laughing for 5 minutes) but it actually lifts up your moods and if you don't believe me try it.

And DONT TAKE MEDS!!! Thats about the worst idea ever because even if they work its only a temporary solution which you will want to make a permanent solution(getting addicted to the pills) which is a much bigger problem in itself.

Last edited:
This might sound like Faux Pas on NT but it seems like you need a girlfriend and that would be a remedy to your confidence issue. When light skinned ni**as were poppin back in the the day, they would have me rattled around girls, because of my skin tone. But lifting and reading "The Art of Seduction" by Robert Greene will do wonders to your psyche. Hell start participating in No Fap November, it's done wonders for people in 27 days. Change will happen gradually, and being patient is the most important part.

Like I said. My fashion sense is far above most guys. I aint worried about that. I get compliments on that all the time. I am skinny and lifting. Feel like my body never gains weight. It just changes shape. But people have noticed I look different.

IDK how having a gf would help but I can't get one anyway so I can't even try that option.

Like I said. My fashion sense is far above most guys. I aint worried about that. I get compliments on that all the time. I am skinny and lifting. Feel like my body never gains weight. It just changes shape. But people have noticed I look different.

IDK how having a gf would help but I can't get one anyway so I can't even try that option.

Keep eating b. the weight will come. When I started lifting I was about 120 soaking wet. I'm about 155 now, still tryna bulk up to about 175-180. Just keep doing what you're doing.

You gotta stop talking down on yourself fam. You being negative is gonna keep you in the same predicament you're in. If you know you can't change your problem, why are you stressing? I see more ugly dudes with bad chicks than attractive dudes nowadays anyway. Unless you look like you have Down syndrome you will be good. You just gotta put the fears in the back of your head and say **** it. It's always someone worse out there.

Last edited:

You won't with that attitude. Honestly like I said before fake it till you make it works.

T stop talking down on yourself all the time is a good way to start.

Back
Top Bottom