if you made 25k a month after taxes

^ exactly, which would make all that easily manageable.  It's not like I said i was going to get mansions and 10 exotic cars

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

Originally Posted by Prodigy2029

2 Bentleys, a condo, a couple nice watches and nice jewelry, dine at fine restaurants.

25k a month is 300k a year... Unless you save all your money for nearly 2 years and THEN spend it on a 2 bentleys, you wouldn't have no money left for a condo, nice watches/jewelry and restaurants...

People don't realize that all that nonsense is going to run them broke. On 25k a month, I'd spend 5-10k max and save the rest. Nowadays, planning for retirement should include planning for serious inflation in the future. That dollar you save today, isn't going to have the same purchasing power in 20 years so you'll need more than you think.

Lease and loans. Educate yourself.

^ it's this sort of nonsensical thinking that's left the US the way it is. dumbasses borrowing money they can't pay back once they lose a job.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

2 Bentleys, a condo, a couple nice watches and nice jewelry, dine at fine restaurants.

25k a month is 300k a year... Unless you save all your money for nearly 2 years and THEN spend it on a 2 bentleys, you wouldn't have no money left for a condo, nice watches/jewelry and restaurants...

People don't realize that all that nonsense is going to run them broke. On 25k a month, I'd spend 5-10k max and save the rest. Nowadays, planning for retirement should include planning for serious inflation in the future. That dollar you save today, isn't going to have the same purchasing power in 20 years so you'll need more than you think.

^ it's this sort of nonsensical thinking that's left the US the way it is. dumbasses borrowing money they can't pay back once they lose a job.

Graduate high school. Then come back.

laugh.gif
at the misspelled word and first few replies

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
lol, called it.

Id probably spend 5k a month and put the other 20k in a bank and gain interest. With the 5k Id use for living expenses of course and what remains (about 2-3k) use for buying clothes, shoes, electronics and do lots of travelling around the globe

Originally Posted by keiththekid1

would you live the rap video lifestyle?

or save for the future.

you know what I mean. Bottles a few nights a week, taking out 12 of the homies to fancy restaurants. Louis bags for the girl..etc etc.

and no this is not 25k for sure every month for the rest of your life. You make this at a 5 day a week job. And yes you can lose this job just like you can lose an $8 dollar an hour job.
First thing I would do, I'd pay MethodMan or JRose to ban your IP address...for life (Jesus, this thread is horrible)

300k cash a year is good money though.  That's putting you at half a mill or more before taxes.  But like you mentioned inflation or this hyper inflation will just soon make that $100 bill worth $20 in the future
laugh.gif

I love how people are saying inflation will crush this theoretical income and the remedy is "investing." Will some of you please explain what "investing" means to you? Call me crazy but making loans in an inflationary environment sounds like a losing proposition. Are we supposed to just assume that "investing" means putting your money in a glorious basket of commodities, stocks and real estate ventures and watching everything work out perfectly? Buying out the bar every Friday is an investment. Your return on that investment might show up in the bedroom, as opposed to a 1040, but its still an investment. And don't say "you know what we mean," because I don't - and neither does anyone else.
Buy a house; probably something around $1.5MM

Spend ~$1000 on food/night life

Phillies season tickets

I'd give back to my alma mater, but I'm a douche so I'd probably give it to athletics before academics

One big vacation every year

I would not buy a boat...

or a car that looks great and gets 12mpg

That should allow me to easily put $100,000/year into the stock market. With that, I would add to my current 12 large cap holdings.

Back
Top Bottom