If you were to wake up deaf....

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

It really ain't all THAT bad from what I remember, but I would be sad for a little while and eventually adjust.
Elaborate
Sigh. My stapes bone did not develop in my right ear and my left ear would fill up with fluid for months at a time throughout the years so sometimes I'd be completely deaf and others with 34% hearing. I got corrective surgery and haven't seen a hearing aid since 11 or 12 years old, one of them. With hearing problems and "other" things I relied on ASL from time to time just like a regular deaf child.
Since then I have forgotten most ASL except the alphabet and numbers. I gotta get back up on that.
damn 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

It really ain't all THAT bad from what I remember, but I would be sad for a little while and eventually adjust.
Elaborate
Sigh. My stapes bone did not develop in my right ear and my left ear would fill up with fluid for months at a time throughout the years so sometimes I'd be completely deaf and others with 34% hearing. I got corrective surgery and haven't seen a hearing aid since 11 or 12 years old, one of them. With hearing problems and "other" things I relied on ASL from time to time just like a regular deaf child.
Since then I have forgotten most ASL except the alphabet and numbers. I gotta get back up on that.
damn 
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
I get what you're saying shorty.
To the other guy...
When you yourself haven't experienced something like
this FIRSTHAND then it's pretty difficult to know what it's actually like.That's what I was getting at.

pimp.gif
I get what you're saying shorty.
To the other guy...
When you yourself haven't experienced something like
this FIRSTHAND then it's pretty difficult to know what it's actually like.That's what I was getting at.

Back
Top Bottom